Who would you have for a Servant?

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby AvatarofRage » December 21st, 2008, 3:28 am

If we're going Three Kingdoms, then Lu Bu as berserker. Just try and stop him
Crack Addic!

Unread postby that one guy » December 21st, 2008, 4:52 am

To keep that in line:
A) Lu Bu would be a good Archer too. Need I bring up the Halberd incident?

B)DO NOT PURSUE LU BU!!!
that one guy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Mkilbride » December 21st, 2008, 2:49 pm

Lu Bu would just kill you when Summoned. Although, if he wanted the Holy Grail(Which is why he'd be summoned for it, because he had a desire...)then maybe he might not.

The problem with Lu Bu is all the Legends and Myth's surrounding him. He'd be almost to Godly. He'd have a Anti-Planet Noble Phantasm.
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby AvatarofRage » December 22nd, 2008, 8:57 am

Mkilbride wrote:Lu Bu would just kill you when Summoned. Although, if he wanted the Holy Grail(Which is why he'd be summoned for it, because he had a desire...)then maybe he might not.

The problem with Lu Bu is all the Legends and Myth's surrounding him. He'd be almost to Godly. He'd have a Anti-Planet Noble Phantasm.

Him killing his master is actually kinda his thing...both times were paternal figures as well. I'd like to think he'd get at least a days Independent Action, considering he usually acted on his own, as well as defending the city of Xiapi for a whole day before falling asleep and being captured.

Still, on second thought, I think he'd best be a Rider, what with the whole 'Flying General' thing.
His Noble Phantasms would be

Red Hare, his mount that could outrun any foe, and could ride unhindered on virtually any terrain.

Sky Piercer, his Ji...well, I've not read Romance, but the only legend's I recall about his halberd was when he forgot it when fleeing Dong Zhuo, who threw it at him, but Lu Bu easily defended and retrieved it. I suppose it would just be a powerful weapon, with maybe a trait to always return to his hand, and/or never hurt him.

Neither of which would be exactly godly, unless Sky Piercer was given h4xcalibur beams.

There's also the fact that he was a crappy general, and was frequent to having his own men try to assassinate him.

He'd be top tier, but he'd be weak against three on one, and probably warriors with a strong power of immortality, like Achilles, or Heracles. He'd probably get bonuses against Assassins though, since he had a knack for dealing with them.
Crack Addic!

Unread postby BlackTornado » December 22nd, 2008, 3:37 pm

The problem with Romance characters is that they are merely mortal.
See Berserker, Gil, Lancer: all are demi gods. See Caster, from the age of Gods. See saber: A dragon incarnate.

Although fame will raise the stats a little bit, the power of the hero summoned is still more or less determined by his true powers while he was alive. And there are true historic records on how powerful they are, that is, they are not so powerful. So they would make sub standard heroes compared with the ones summoned in HF5.
fourFyFSIX
BlackTornado
Addict

Unread postby spathi » December 22nd, 2008, 6:24 pm

BlackTornado wrote:The problem with Romance characters is that they are merely mortal.
See Berserker, Gil, Lancer: all are demi gods. See Caster, from the age of Gods. See saber: A dragon incarnate.

Although fame will raise the stats a little bit, the power of the hero summoned is still more or less determined by his true powers while he was alive. And there are true historic records on how powerful they are, that is, they are not so powerful. So they would make sub standard heroes compared with the ones summoned in HF5.

Archer was normal yet he had EX GAR
spathi
Addict

Unread postby AvatarofRage » December 23rd, 2008, 1:10 am

The Majority of Heroes in Fate Zero were mortal, aside from those who crossed over to Fate/Stay. I mean, Iskander was like, 1/8th god, and got next to nothing out of it, and Lancelot had the protection of the Fae, but that was about it.
Crack Addic!

Unread postby BlackTornado » December 23rd, 2008, 2:15 am

well yeah. still better than those from Romance who had nothing of the sort. As I said, there are true historic records of their feats, and their individual prowess is just.... not there compared to the European legendary figures

@spathi: well they may have EX gar.... but their stats will probably suck like archer's. Maybe slightly better, but probably still not good enough to fit into saber or lancer. That leaves them archer, rider, berserker. Unless they have very imba NPs (not likely... unless you really want to exaggerate legends), they will end up not having much to work with.
fourFyFSIX
BlackTornado
Addict

Unread postby that one guy » December 23rd, 2008, 2:38 am

The biggest*and quite possibly only* exception to the whole "Mortal" thing is Guan Yu. He's almost an entirely fictional character, and most of his "feats" never happened. He does a bunch of supernatural crap too, like returning as a ghost to haunt the people who killed him. So he could probably be used.
that one guy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Raitei » December 23rd, 2008, 3:23 am

AvatarofRage wrote:The Majority of Heroes in Fate Zero were mortal, aside from those who crossed over to Fate/Stay. I mean, Iskander was like, 1/8th god, and got next to nothing out of it, and Lancelot had the protection of the Fae, but that was about it.
iskandar was human. totally human. there is no clear evidence of him being a true divine being despite rumors flying here and there.

and also,
* Charisma

Natural talent in commanding a large military force. Rank A can be said to be the greatest popular support obtainable as a human being.
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread postby MaruKyuu » December 23rd, 2008, 7:04 am

It has been made very clear that heroes need not be actual people. None of the servants in Fate/Stay Night were actually real. ]

Because of this, I choose someone who will be nigh-unstoppable.

Captain. Falcon.

He would probably bring with him the most powerful Noble Phantasm ever.
MaruKyuu
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby AvatarofRage » December 23rd, 2008, 11:58 am

Wikipedia wrote:Rider (Fate/Zero)
* Divinity

While there is no clear evidence, it has been said in many tales that he is the son of the greatest of the gods, Zeus

Rumors alone, if not disproven, seem to be enough to influence the heroes status.

As for Captain Falcon, the only Noble Phantasm he'd have would be his Car (forget its name), and possible some sort of falcon totem thing, or whatever the hell he uses to make his fist whistle.

If we're going off video games, then I'll go Midna as Caster. Her Noble Phantasms would be the Fused Shadows, and whatever the hell her hair is
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Raitei » December 23rd, 2008, 2:47 pm

Wikipedia wrote:Rider (Fate/Zero)
* Divinity

While there is no clear evidence, it has been said in many tales that he is the son of the greatest of the gods, Zeus

Rumors alone, if not disproven, seem to be enough to influence the heroes status.

fuyuki wiki wrote:Heroic Spirits - souls/records that are removed from the cycle of transmigration and incorporated/anchored/frozen into a system that transcends time and space.
A soul that has reached the point of being remembered based on the magnitude of the alteration of destiny. (according to Rakkyo, while the earth is on the verge of destruction everyday, there are people preventing this all the time, which makes it "harder" to be considered a hero; in other words destiny either isn't being altered or is already too convoluted).

The base personality and memories exist but the fact that people remember it, rather than the fictional embellishments added on to it, ensures that the recording of the "information" that is translated into a materialized spirit body is conveyed with accuracy.

The "information"/legends that aren't experienced by the original hero during life exist only as vague information/knowledge instead of additional information/powers carried on to the soul.

... Information can only be interpreted (aka filtered) using the information that survives in "history" and the basic archetypes provided by the classes. Legends with no actual "historical" truth won't add anything.
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei

Unread postby AvatarofRage » December 24th, 2008, 6:05 am

Okay, I'll give you that one.

On the subject of Divinity, Gilgamesh was 2/3rds god, and thus (according to his profile) had an A+ rank Divinity, yet the gods punished his hubris by reducing it to B.

Anyhow,are there any other figures is history/legend that had divinity to rival Gilgamesh without being fully fledged gods?
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Raitei » December 24th, 2008, 8:44 am

AvatarofRage wrote:On the subject of Divinity, Gilgamesh was 2/3rds god, and thus (according to his profile) had an A+ rank Divinity, yet the gods punished his hubris by reducing it to B.
yep, but it actually happened. not just some rumors flying here and there.

Anyhow,are there any other figures is history/legend that had divinity to rival Gilgamesh without being fully fledged gods?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krishna

doesn't he seem to ring a bell?
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei

Unread postby Xamdou » December 25th, 2008, 4:37 am

Santa as Rider , anyone?
"You sit proudly in this cave , like a Queen of Egypt.
In my service to you , I shall never know rest.
To prove my devotion , I have stolen this ostentatious offering.
But I'll show you things your dark blue eye haven't seen , smiles like a lake in the sun , blossoming like a lotus."
Xamdou
DESU DESU!

Unread postby BlackTornado » December 25th, 2008, 6:52 am

Merry xmas to you too :D
fourFyFSIX
BlackTornado
Addict

Unread postby Ciel » December 25th, 2008, 2:44 pm

Xamdou wrote:Santa as Rider , anyone?

i think you meant this the other way around. i don't want to see santa dressed up as rider. :P
Ciel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Keeper of Gil's Vault » December 26th, 2008, 8:00 am

It still seems to me that Iskander's status is conflicting with the information from Fuyuki. Since tales and anecdotes don't influence the status of a hero, how did he still end up with rank C? Unless you meant to show that divinity as a skill does not add anything.
Keeper of Gil's Vault
DESU DESU!

Unread postby AvatarofRage » December 27th, 2008, 4:01 am

Keeper of Gil's Vault wrote:
It still seems to me that Iskander's status is conflicting with the information from Fuyuki. Since tales and anecdotes don't influence the status of a hero, how did he still end up with rank C? Unless you meant to show that divinity as a skill does not add anything.

Except is explicitly states in Gilgamesh's profile that his Divinity is why he's so powerful, although it doesn't state how it makes him more powerful...maybe for every two ranks, it raises all stats by one rank or something...
Crack Addic!

PreviousNext

Return to Fate/stay night Chat