Non-ero Fate/stay night

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby Nerroth » June 25th, 2007, 11:41 pm

chasmirror wrote:I personally think the erotic content in FSN is somewhat well-played, much so that they might not be vital, but but does play an important part of the whole plot when inserted. Not terribly necessary, but nice to be in. I have played my shares of visual novels, and a very few(ToHeart is actually NOT one of them) has handled the erotic content as well as FSN. Aside from "how can Saber be a virgin and know how to please a man" argument(which I think is an overthinking), I haven't heard much bad things about it from others either.

I must be the only one with issues about the Rin scene in UBW... or sound like a broken record while doing so! Sorry.

From what I've heard, and the quote you've shown from Fate/Zero, there is nothing to suggest that Ilya's short lifespan is due to the adjustment done to her before birth.

I thought the whole point was that Ilya was 'customised' to act as a Grail (in case Irisviel didn't work out in the 4th War for the Eiznbern) - her longevity was deliberately traded to maximise her usefulness in that regard. The Eiznbern wouldn't have planned on her living at the Emiya residence after the Fifth War's end...
Nerroth
Crack Desu!

Unread postby chasmirror » June 26th, 2007, 8:00 pm

Nerroth wrote:
I thought the whole point was that Ilya was 'customised' to act as a Grail (in case Irisviel didn't work out in the 4th War for the Eiznbern) - her longevity was deliberately traded to maximise her usefulness in that regard. The Eiznbern wouldn't have planned on her living at the Emiya residence after the Fifth War's end...

Actually, I think she wasn't engineered as the Grail in the beginning. Kiritsugu was already on board with Einzbern before she was born(since his sperm was used to conceive her). Had Ilya been already ready as the Grail before the 4th War, the Einzberns would have sent her as the Grail in the 4th War instead. I think her magical ability as a homunculus and their anger for Kiritsugu naturally resulted in turning her body into the Grail for the 5th War after Kiritsugu's betrayal.
chasmirror
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Nerroth » June 26th, 2007, 8:11 pm

I was under the impression that all of the Eiznbern women descended from Justicia are engineered to be potential Grails - Ilya would have been intended as a backup in case Irisviel didn't work out. The old 'heir and spare' trick... Though that would assume the Eiznbern knew they would have only 10 years between the Fourth and Fifth Wars. Hmm...
Nerroth
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Nerroth » September 22nd, 2007, 11:20 pm

Re-posted from another thread:

If anyone at Mirromoon had a copy of Realta Nua on hand, perhaps an English translation of the new scenes which are substituted in place of the ero scenes from the original game could be done up, possibly along with the alternate graphics from each scene that are shown in RN, (not so big a deal about the sound) and have a patch released which included that, instead?

Rather than having blank screens and the same (or no) text, would it not be better to show the kind of text and images that the PS2 game has for these scenes?

Or even just the text, if porting over the images is a problem?
Nerroth
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Raw » September 23rd, 2007, 1:38 am

Yeah, i strongly believe that you cannot use PS2 material with the PC version. Even if you own both, it would be a infringement to author rights.
Whispering Words of Unearthen Wisdom || Kill GOD as a Sacrifice to GOD || Death may Die || I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
Raw
Crack Addic!

Unread postby LastShadow » September 23rd, 2007, 5:59 am

Raw wrote:Yeah, i strongly believe that you cannot use PS2 material with the PC version. Even if you own both, it would be a infringement to author rights.

I'm going to admit that I haven't thought this matter out. So why?

I want to hear your opinion as to why it is an infringement to the author's rights.
LastShadow
Might just like this board

Unread postby Raw » September 23rd, 2007, 6:09 am

Because you wouldn't be able to call it F/SN.
Whispering Words of Unearthen Wisdom || Kill GOD as a Sacrifice to GOD || Death may Die || I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
Raw
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Message » September 23rd, 2007, 8:00 am

We are actually quite able, and we will. As it looks now, there will be two non-ero versions of F/sn: An edited non-ero version of the PC game, just like we did for Tsukihime, and a (partial) 'port' of Realta Nua.

Unread postby X-Calibar » September 23rd, 2007, 3:57 pm

Ohhh I can't wait. Just got the confirmation letter... F/SN, RN should be coming in the mail soon :D
I know a friend who will love playing this... [non-ero version], and I'll be able to play the regular version..!

We're very lucky to have you guys 8)
X-Calibar
Crack Desu!

Unread postby LastShadow » September 24th, 2007, 1:10 am

a (partial) 'port' of Realta Nua.

Whats a "partial" port of Realta Nua?

I can understand if you don't want to get into it.
LastShadow

Unread postby Message » September 24th, 2007, 10:57 am

We are not yet certain how to go about implementing the RN changes into F/sn non-ero, so it may turn out to be only a partial conversion. Only the actual eroscenes, for example.

Unread postby LastShadow » September 24th, 2007, 10:45 pm

Message wrote:We are not yet certain how to go about implementing the RN changes into F/sn non-ero, so it may turn out to be only a partial conversion. Only the actual eroscenes, for example.

Cool, thanks for the response. I look forward to the changes.
LastShadow

Unread postby Shikiller » September 25th, 2007, 6:15 am

I don't see what's the big deal about the ero-scenes,if somebody wants to edit them because the feel they are unnecessary , it's not different from editing scenes of violence from the game 'cause you thing they are too strong,it's an ero game,get over it,it's not like you can't skip them if they don't appeal to you,or you have people around(in that case skip them when you are alone and try to give them a read later)
and the deal is about the ero scenes,not about a RN port, 'cause the only "port" is editing the H-scenes.
On other point saying "the H-scenes are unnecessary and don't had to the plot" sounds like an insult to the original work to me...Aprecciate the art like it is, if you want to play RN go and buy it and support Type-moon :D
Shikiller
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Hiyono » September 25th, 2007, 6:13 pm

Shikiller wrote:On other point saying "the H-scenes are unnecessary and don't had to the plot" sounds like an insult to the original work to me.

While it's true that removing said scenes should at least slightly alter the feel of the game, in all honesty, the sex scenes have no real bearing on the overall plot. This is why the creators felt perfectly comfortable releasing Realta Nua, after all.
Shikiller wrote:Aprecciate the art like it is, if you want to play RN go and buy it and support Type-moon :D

They would if it was translated, hence the requests for an RN port...
'It is better to be a human dissatisfied than a pig satisfied"
- John Stuart Mills
Hiyono

Unread postby demonblade » September 25th, 2007, 6:16 pm

Hiyono wrote:
Shikiller wrote:On other point saying "the H-scenes are unnecessary and don't had to the plot" sounds like an insult to the original work to me.

While it's true that removing said scenes should at least slightly alter the feel of the game, in all honesty, the sex scenes have no real bearing on the overall plot. This is why the creators felt perfectly comfortable releasing Realta Nua, after all.
Shikiller wrote:Aprecciate the art like it is, if you want to play RN go and buy it and support Type-moon :D

They would if it was translated, hence the requests for an RN port...

Props to Hiyono for finding the words to say exactly what some of us here are thinking.
Atheism:
The belief that there was nothing and nothing happened to nothing and then nothing magically
exploded for no reason, creating everything and then a bunch of everything magically arranged
itself for no reason whatsoever into self-replicating bits which then turned into dinosaurs.
Makes perfect sense.

"I am a spider, webbing in darkness. Welcome to this beautiful killing field." - Nanaya Shiki
demonblade
Addict

Unread postby Raw » September 25th, 2007, 8:33 pm

Well, i do support a partial port, but i do insist on not being able to call it F/SN. F/SN authors themselves decided to remake the game and remove the erotic scenes, and they didn't call it F/SN, they added a subtitle, so it's a diferent creation, even if it's 99.9% the same text.

All this reminds me of Haeleth and Kanon's tragedy :( I won't happen here, but Key had a point. Damn, and i did buy the game expecting a translation.
Raw
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Hiyono » September 25th, 2007, 8:56 pm

It's a little different really. If you're going out of your way to download and apply a non-ero patch, it's understood (and expected) that you're not going to be experiencing entirely the same game as without it, right? ;)
- John Stuart Mills
Hiyono

Unread postby Nerroth » September 27th, 2007, 8:32 pm

Message wrote:We are actually quite able, and we will. As it looks now, there will be two non-ero versions of F/sn: An edited non-ero version of the PC game, just like we did for Tsukihime, and a (partial) 'port' of Realta Nua.

Great news!

(The modified scenes - like the
fish thing in UBW
- are perfect for a non-ero version, plus
there are still references to characters sleeping together, just not said explicitly, I think.
)

I guess when you say partial port, you mean that you may not be able to port over things like the voices and the new CGs?

(By the way, even outside of the ero scenes, there are still moments like
Saber in the bathtub, and Sakura being freed from Angra Mainyu by Rule Breaker
which have different CGs in RN than they do in the original F/SN - they might need to be considered, too.)

And to be honest, I don't buy the 'denigrating the original art' crap.
The scenes which are totally replaced by non-sexual things are those which are uncomfortable/contrived/etc - basically the kind of thing that Shirou himself would refuse to take part in if he had the choice. However, the more mutually comfortable/caring/pleasurable/romantic scenes, like Shirou and Saber later on in Fate, are still hinted at as happening, or left open for interpretation either way. And that suits me just fine - I like the idea that the male lead would be a more considerate lover, and only be intimate with a partner as an act of mutual love. You think that makes me a sap? I don't care.
Nerroth
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Shikiller » September 28th, 2007, 5:37 pm

Why not a RN patch instead of altering the original game?
and is still altered just because some people thinks is not need and blah blah. if enough people complains than Tsukihime is too violent and say scenes aren't need, would you approve of a non violent patch? is just people thinking selfilish and wanting to alter the original art following their tastes.
you wouldn't like if someone alters something you wrote, right?
and most people didn't even read the scenes and critize them =S
and psst:FSN is an ero game,you play it knowing that it contains this kind of stuff.

pd:Horrible english FTW! let me know if something is hard to follow =S
Shikiller
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Hiyono » September 28th, 2007, 5:59 pm

Shikiller wrote:Why not a RN patch instead of altering the original game?
Realta Nua is a Playstation 2 game, not a PC game.
Shikiller wrote:and is still altered just because some people thinks is not need and blah blah.
No one's arguing that it doesn't alter the game. They want to alter the game, that's the whole idea...
Shikiller wrote:if enough people complains than Tsukihime is too violent and say scenes aren't need, would you approve of a non violent patch?is just people thinking selfilish and wanting to alter the original art following their tastes.
The difference is that the violent scenes in Tsukihime are one of the key elements that make up the story, whereas we're of the opinion that the same doesn't hold for the sex scenes (and again, Realta Nua shows that TYPE-MOON is of the same opinion as well.) Btw, nice straw man.
Shikiller wrote:you wouldn't like if someone alters something you wrote, right?
The sex scenes will be left intact for those who do not mind them, it's not like they're being removed completely.
Shikiller wrote:and most people didn't even read the scenes and critize them
Right, so it's only because they haven't bothered jacking off to the sex scenes that they haven't come to understood the artistic value and taste in them.
Shikiller wrote:and psst:FSN is an ero game,you play it knowing that contains this kind of stuff.
You can still want the story without the sex, e.g. Realta Nua, the anime? Ring any bells?
- John Stuart Mills
Hiyono

PreviousNext

Return to Fate/stay night Chat