F/SN Custom Map on Warcraft 3 The Frozen Throne

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby Einherjar » December 26th, 2007, 7:56 pm

I think that's the one I played before. UBW is so awesome and real.
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby -[J1N]- » December 26th, 2007, 11:34 pm

I'm not sure what the new version has, but the one I played was horribly unbalanced. Some characters just can't kill enough -______-.
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby SilverChew » January 24th, 2008, 9:38 am

The newest english version is 1.25g wher u can downloads it at http://www.epicwar.com!!!!
But it is not official... Many ppl complain imbalance like some heroes too pro and overpower....Somes hero jz cant kill enuf.....
Lastest official Fate/Another for war3 game is Fate/Another 1.2c
And is korean version....
Btw, i wan to ask did mirrormoon translate this game?? I wish can hav nie n balance english Fate/Another...........
SilverChew
Totally hardly posted

wtf @ spelling

Unread postby james-skarz » February 17th, 2008, 9:04 am

silverchew that last line made no sense whatsoever...neway, i played this ages ago and when i kept spamming ubw skill with nothing happening i kinda just raged...so thx heaps for this thread. s2 :)
james-skarz
Addict

Unread postby noradseven » February 17th, 2008, 4:46 pm

balance lol, yeah right, Ill have to have a crack at it. The better all have the same primary stat otherwise its broken right there, cause agility = broken even if its twice as expensive as the other 2.
noradseven
Might just like this board

Unread postby Phlebas » February 29th, 2008, 10:23 am

Hah just noticed this thread, played this map once when I spotted it in custom games, not sure about version though. Was pretty cool despite not having a clue about the (korean) texts, didn't see anyone ever survive Unlimited Bladeworks though o_O.
Phlebas
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Zarxs » February 29th, 2008, 3:28 pm

I've played this map a ridicules amount times over the past couple of days mostly version 1.25e and 1.2c and i have to say it is a damn good game. The custom skins are nice, the spells are fun to use, most the characters seem pretty balanced, and there are just some of the most awesome moments when it comes to Excalibur and Enuma Elish.

^ As for not being able to survive UBW that only last until about level 10-12. Archer is my best character and I find that If I carelessly pull people into UBW I'm going to die because Archer may be the worst character there is when it comes to tanking, so if you are not careful in UBW they will simply use there combos and what not to kill you.
Zarxs

Unread postby -[J1N]- » March 1st, 2008, 4:57 am

Phlebas wrote: didn't see anyone ever survive Unlimited Bladeworks though o_O.

I did survive once with Saber under lvl 10. I randomly threw an Excaliber in the middle of of the field, and he just happened to run into it. Yeah, the blades stop coming after he dies.
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Donvermicelli » March 1st, 2008, 7:47 am

-[J1N]- wrote:
Phlebas wrote: didn't see anyone ever survive Unlimited Bladeworks though o_O.

I did survive once with Saber under lvl 10. I randomly threw an Excaliber in the middle of of the field, and he just happened to run into it. Yeah, the blades stop coming after he dies.
That is so lolz :lol:
Donvermicelli
Addict

Unread postby Zarxs » March 4th, 2008, 6:36 pm

turalyon wrote:can you post a skill list and what they do? :p

http://fsne.8.forumer.com/viewforum.php?f=5

This forum has all the characters skills, ability?s, and attributes in full description and is very accurate.

-[J1N]- wrote:I did survive once with Saber under lvl 10. I randomly threw an Excaliber in the middle of of the field, and he just happened to run into it. Yeah, the blades stop coming after he dies.

Gilgamesh hit me with his combo max enuma right to the face while in UBW, 50k damage = insta kill.
I will create a utopia down here on earth. A peaceful and prosperous one. A sanctuary for those that are alive, and yet, in turmoil. I might not be able to accomplish this during my lifetime. But, the first step will have been taken by me. God will most likely approve of me deeds, and try to take me to heaven. And than, I will say to him, "I do not require the land above, nor your approval. Our utopia is down upon earth."
Zarxs

Unread postby DarkEyes » March 5th, 2008, 6:28 pm

Me likey ver 1.2c... Kansho and Bakuya overedge r awesome =] And I love nuking ppl with hrunting half a map away xDDDDD
DarkEyes
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Voidlugiron » March 5th, 2008, 10:17 pm

Knew about this a while ago... never got the map though until recnetly, never knew how awesome the spells were done. IF anyone wants me to host it for them /w me Voidlugiron on US EASt server
Voidlugiron
Into 17 Pieces

Unread postby Mirri » March 14th, 2008, 8:56 pm

I actually began working on an English Language version of 1.25 G, got about 8 hours of work in only to check out this thread again and find out about 1.2C (Newer). I will probably switch over to 1.2C, but from the games I've played (I don't have any friends on Battlenet (Removed the "." because this is my second post, and it says I can't post a URL without at least two posts.) who are good at this map, so I am probably wrong, since I only play in public games with new players) it appears that Archer is a little bit overpowered in this version with the new Kanshou and Ba skill and
Overedge
. If I ever finish, I'll put it up here. The only part that I have trouble with is the JASS, since it's obfuscated and all of the function names are removed, and it's hard for me to understand what is supposed to be transmitted during messages sent to players.

At the moment, in 1.25 G, I have the tooltips completed for everything but Servant Attributes on Archer and Lancer, and the only part I'm having trouble with are the tooltips for
True Assassin and Dark Saber
because their skills are not outlined as well in the story, to my knowledge. I also updated the Lancer skin with a better face texture, and a slightly darker skin tone because it seemed to me like he was too pale. I intend to touch up other skins a bit too, but I have grown rusty at skinning, and the models are quite low polygon counts for being heroes. If I had any skill in Warcraft 3 animation, I'd work on those too, but I don't, so I'm just going to leave those as is. In addition to the two fully tooltipped heroes, I have updated about 7 other skills to English as well.

If anyone would like to help, send me a private message and maybe we could figure something out. It's probably pointless, seeing as there are new versions still being released and it would be quite hard to transfer new tooltips from version to version. I don't want to take any credit for the map creation, only for the translation, as I don't think that stealing anothers' work is okay (It has happened to me before).

(Before anyone asks, yes, the map is protected, and yes, I did unprotect it in order to change it to English Language. I intend to re-protect it before a full release in order to prevent people from rigging it.)
Mirri
Into 17 Pieces

Unread postby DarkEyes » March 14th, 2008, 9:47 pm

I was just wondering if ur gonna balance the map alittle after translating it.. So r u? =]
DarkEyes
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Mirri » March 14th, 2008, 9:59 pm

The things that can be easily balanced, yes. However, as I said in my last post, the JASS (which makes up the mechanics behind just about 2/3 of the skills) is essentially scrambled and extremely hard to understand. I have a very limited knowledge of JASS, and my only friend who is good with JASS is very busy right now. He told me that in a few months, at the earliest, he'd help me recode the triggers but I am not expecting much. He's a busy person, and I really can't force him to do anything. Skills like Gae Bolg are easy enough to balance (Both Single target & AOE) because they are done entirely in the object editor, however, skills like Zabaniya and Excalibur and Enuma Elish and (believe it or not, it's entirely JASSed, damage is not decided by the Stampede skill it's based on) Gate of Babylon will be harder to change numbers for without extensive JASS experience, which I am acutely lacking in. (Run on. Yeah, I know. I'm too lazy to fix it. Maybe tomorrow.)

I really don't intend to do any balance changes until it's fully translated though. There are two balance changes I've made so far, that I believe are okay to do. I'll be doing more changing according to Fate / Stay Night canon, but Lancer in the game has Rank D Magic Resistance. I upgraded it to Rank B as it is in the Visual Novel. In addition to this, the charge-up time for various skills, like Excalibur, Gae Bolg, Enuma Elish, Broken Phantasm, and others, was between .1 and .5 seconds longer than the tooltip claims. In these cases, I reduced the charge-up time to match the tooltip. (Note: The only skill that was above .1 seconds longer for chargeup than claimed in the tooltip was Broken Phantasm, it had a 2.5 second charge-up and it claimed 2 seconds. Everything else said .1 more than the tooltip.)

I'd also like to change a few of Lancer's skills, to fix them, though it appears in 1.2c they work properly, so that is another reason to switch to it. The skills are, Backward Leap (Such short range in 1.25g, I'd like to buff this, because it's really pointless for the cooldown when you can buy a blink scroll. It has very very limited applications, I have only used it or seen it used to dodge Unlimited Blade Works or Bellerophon, but most of the time it only works to dodge Unlimited Blade Works. In fact, I think that it should be a forward leap, but I'm unsure if that would be correct. I think it would, judging from his fight with Archer, and (spoiler tag for the sake of safety)
Cu Chulainn's Rune of Death Matches, according to Wiki
) and Battle Continuation.) Battle Continuation does not work properly under any circumstances in 1.25g in my experience, it only works one time. It might not suit the thing under the spoiler tag though, because it could be used to run. I've never seen a successful application of his stun rune either, and I think the delay should be shortened.

I'm really not that good of a reference for balancing, considering I only main 3 heroes out of the 13, and my favorite (but not my best) is Lancer, and I'm obviously biased towards him.

I have not done any extensive testing yet, so I can't say whether or not these balance changes are warranted, but I'll start to do more testing as I make more friends who are interested in playing it and I have at least 4 heroes fully translated. I'm unsure whether or not to continue with 1.25g (because it seems to me to be more balanced than 1.2C) or to copy over my progress to 1.2C.

For anyone interested in helping me test or playing just about any version, my account name on bnet is 134637@Lordaeron (USWest) - If the majority of the people here are on east I can get on East to play, I live on the East Coast but all of my online friends are west coast so that's why I am there.
Last edited by Mirri on March 14th, 2008, 10:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mirri
Into 17 Pieces

Unread postby DarkEyes » March 14th, 2008, 10:17 pm

I'd say u should head over to 1.2C... It is the original and all... Besides, u've already balanced some stuff, meaning u wont have to redo do it, just copy/paste it =p
DarkEyes
Crack Desu!

Unread postby DarkEyes » April 27th, 2008, 8:00 pm

Any updates?
DarkEyes
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Mirri » May 1st, 2008, 7:01 am

I was asked by a friend of the creator to stop my unofficial translation due to the progress of the map still being ongoing. Sorry. When the final version comes out I'll be all over it, but while it's still a work in progress I don't want to do it.
Mirri
Into 17 Pieces

Unread postby DarkEyes » May 1st, 2008, 1:37 pm

Suxxorz.....
DarkEyes
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Mirri » May 4th, 2008, 10:51 am

honestly they were very rude and they didn't really say "stop translating", they just said that it is an ongoing work and I'd really rather not have to translate version after version. If I wasn't the only one working on it I'd have some more motivation but copy and paste is not fun.

If anyone ever wants to play though, 1.25g or 1.2c, I'm on East & West acc name 134637 - I'll give away the partially translated version to people who'll play if they want it, and they can continue it if they wish, but I've lost interest in the project because of the aforementioned reasons.

I'm really angry right now so that's probably why I'm being so lax... I guess people could also PM me and I'd give the partially translated version... It's 1.25g though, not 1.2C.

EDIT:
Screw it. Here's a megaupload link for everyone since DarkEyes asked for the map.

Anyone's welcome to continue contributing to this, especially if it's translating ANYTHING in the JASS.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YNVORV40
Mirri
Into 17 Pieces

PreviousNext

Return to Fate/stay night Chat