People die when they are killed

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

People die when they are killed

Unread postby spamholderman » August 11th, 2013, 5:44 pm

In the VN it appears at least once in every route.

Does the actual translation from Japanese have this line, or is it an inside joke?

From the VN(and original anime line):
Fate
Shirou: People die when they're killed(giving back Avalon to Saber)

UBW
Tohsaka: Look Emiya-kun. People normally die when they are killed. Your wound should be fatal, you know?

HF
Kotomine: That is exactly right, Emiya Shirou. It is the law of nature for people to die from wounds. But you cannot kill what has not yet come into existence.

HF (good end)
Tohsaka: He can go get surgery at hospitals, drink cold medicines, and die when he's killed.
spamholderman
Totally hardly posted

Re: People die when they are killed

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » September 12th, 2013, 3:26 am

Oh it's becuase it was done in the Fate/stay night anime that the meme kind of grew from there. Pretty much it was to show that Shirou was known as Captain Obvious, and it was pretty much a shout out to most fo the Shounen Jump seres and whatnot that had characters die, but come back more broken in the process.

So I would hazard a guess that this thing is really nothing more than a running gag that was pointed out by a guy who had no clue as to what he was doing.... I think.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Return to Fate/stay night Chat