The Chant for Summoning Servants (early spoilers f/sn,f/z)

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

The Chant for Summoning Servants (early spoilers f/sn,f/z)

Unread postby DaItalianFish » July 7th, 2013, 9:01 pm

*My post has both very early Fate/Zero and Fate/Stay Night spoilers

Is there an actual chant that you are supposed to use, or do Masters just make up their own stuff? I don't get it. The "Fill, Fill, Fill, Fill, Fill, repeat five times. But when each is filled, destroy it" part seems to carry across all summonings, but is that the only required element? Rin says a bunch of stuff to summon Archer, and I noticed her father says the same exact stuff in Fate/Zero. However, were those lines just added by the Tohsaka's? Other than that, there is also the "i swear to be all that is good in the world, and to destroy all that is evil" or whatever, and seeing as Kiritsugu also says this, it is likely part of the official chant.

But then we have people like Shirou who didn't say anything, or Ryunosuke who only did the first "fill" thing. I don't really remember if it is ever stated why Shirou can't provide Saber with mana, but is that the reason why?

Anyways, if anyone could post the actual chant it would be helpful.
DaItalianFish
Totally hardly posted

Re: The Chant for Summoning Servants (early spoilers f/sn,f/

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » July 7th, 2013, 9:26 pm

It might be trying to bring similarities to how blacksmiths of Japan used to say chants like that wile making a blade. so it might be a reference to that, but I'm not to sure if that's the actual thing for it or not.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Return to Fate/stay night Chat