Savefile location?

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Savefile location?

Unread postby jtor4733 » March 20th, 2013, 4:18 am

Unfortunately I have to reformat my computer. I've spent countless hours on fate stay night and Would definitely love to keep all my saved files. However when I transfer my fate folder to my flash drive, the game itself is carried over without my save files. When I looked through Savedgame file folder its completely blank on my C: drive. However, on my flash drive it contains 4 seperate documents for what I believe to be the prologue. Ive searched my computer and can't find any save files from the game and am wondering if I myself am doing something wrong. Thanks for the help and sorry for the ultra noobish post.
jtor4733
Totally hardly posted

Re: Savefile location?

Unread postby Message » March 20th, 2013, 6:37 am

The saves in F/sn are a mess. That's partly our fault, but we'll have to deal with it.

Assuming you installed to c:\Program Files\Fate stay night English, saves can be (and in some cases will be) in any of these directories:
My Documents\fate_english_savedata
c:\Program Files\Fate stay night English\savedata
c:\Program Files\Fate stay night English
2000 / XP: %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\fate_english_savedata
Vista and up: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\fate_english_savedata
Vista and up (with UAC turned on): %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Fate stay night English
Vista and up (with UAC turned on): %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Fate stay night English\savedata

It's a mess because we were trying to fix the brokenness of F/sn Jap, but at a later point gave up because it created more problems than it solved. So we chose to join the brokenness after all...

Return to Fate/stay night Chat