CD vs DVD Version?

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

CD vs DVD Version?

Unread postby Eemeer » October 10th, 2012, 12:38 am

So this is driving me crazy. I've played through the CD version of the visual novel, and now i'm finding out that ok, there was a DVD release. But then i noticed some shots in the jlist post that i don't exactly remember.... Did the DVD version add new scenes or CGs and is there a listing somewhere? I'd kinda like to find out what I missed without spending a week replaying the whole Visual novel (fun as that would be i'd probably get fired from my job :D )
Eemeer
Totally hardly posted

Re: CD vs DVD Version?

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » October 10th, 2012, 1:12 am

Actually I'm not to sure if there is anything different between the CD/DVD release aside from there were 4 disks for the CD release while the DVD was only 1 disk. I think it was around the time when they were going from using mutiple CDs to just going with one DVD to install a game.

Other then that it sounds like a rumor to me for the DVD version to have anything extra though.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Eemeer » October 10th, 2012, 1:50 am

I thought so too... but looking at the pictures J-list put up ( EDIT: Link removed since i don't know if that counts as linking to adult content ) I think I would have remembered that CG involving Saber at least, not to mention I checked the gallery for Fate path and it wasn't there despite all images being unlocked.
Eemeer
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » October 10th, 2012, 2:13 am

Ah it might of been the CGs that are only in the Relta Nua (non-ero version). If I remeber correctly I think they are doing a virual download of the three story, but it Relta Nua format for the PC. granted I only know that they are doing that, but I don't know anything else other then that.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby Eemeer » October 10th, 2012, 4:39 am

But they're Ero CG's, so doesn't that rule that out?
Eemeer
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » October 10th, 2012, 4:47 am

As far as I know, there are no differences in content between the CD and DVD versions. Also, I've no idea what Kid-Wolf is talking about, but J-List would never modify a game to add content from another.

Unread postby ArchDemon » October 10th, 2012, 8:10 am

If you're seeing ero images, then it's definitely not F/sn Realta Nua. iirc, after patching the CD version with the latest Japanese patch, the only significant differences between the CD and DVD versions of F/sn are the save locations and that the CD version needs disc 3 inserted to save the game after finishing the Fate story arc (not sure about the other arcs). If you are seeing completely new CGs, then you might be viewing a page for Fate/hollow ataraxia.
ArchDemon
Executive Director

Unread postby Eemeer » October 10th, 2012, 10:51 pm

Blast it. Well you're half right. I was indeed looking at F/SN. But from what i'm looking at i think i've confirmed at least one of those CG they have posted in the screenshots is from F/H, and Jlist just screwed up by posting it there. Grr....
Eemeer
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » October 11th, 2012, 12:50 am

Message this was what I was talking about:

http://www.typemoon.com/products/fate_dl/index.html

Pretty much I think it was a way for them to do the Relta Nua for the PC if people didn't like the ero ero scenes.

Pretty much I noticed it from this site:

http://vndb.org/r17678
http://vndb.org/r18060
http://vndb.org/r18061

That's what I was trying to get at. Pretty much they kind of did what the guy did for the Higruashi/Umineko series... I think. O and the vndb links are the three storylines that they released as a separate part. Also, I can't read Moon Runes so I have no idea as to how they did this.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby Message » October 11th, 2012, 5:04 am

Ah yes, completely forgot about those download copies. Perhaps we should look into those sometime. But then again, it's only for JP buyers so what do we care. >_>;;

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » October 11th, 2012, 3:29 pm

Pretty much, since you can only download it if you know Japanese rather well, and I'm going to hazard a guess here and say that you can only purchase it in Japan only. I only state that since I heard that some games won't install properly if it's outside fo Japan for some strange reason, but that's another story entirely.

So yeah it's best not to waste any time on something like that since it looks like it'll be more or less problematic as to try and even download that entire thing.
Kid-Wolf

Return to Fate/stay night Chat