Some general questions

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Some general questions

Unread postby Zogundar » August 1st, 2012, 4:24 pm

Even though I read spoilers for the "game" like 6 years ago, never thinking I'd get a chance to read the original VN, my memory grew hazy over the years and it turns out some of the stuff I thought happened didn't anyway, so I've had to dodge spoilers while reading it after all. Now that I've finished I have some questions.

1) Title Screen
I've heard the title screen changes after you start a new route; I've never seen this happen. Why is that?

2) Heaven's Feel intro movie
Okay the FAQ says only the PS2 version has that, so that answers my original question. So then I guess my question changes to, was there a patch that added it to the PC version? Drove me nuts reading it and waiting day after day for a movie that never came. :(

3) Development
I think the last patch was released in 2010, is the project done? (I experienced some minor bugs here and there, like missing ((But voiced)) text for one of the dead ends.) What about the Realta Nua scenes from the PS2 (And now PC apparently?) version and.. stuff?

4) Another route?
Wasn't there a fourth (Mini?) route that opens up at some point? I generally ignored the dead ends and only got two Tiger Dojo stamps because I didn't want to upset the tone on the first.. playthrough? Read? (Not sure what the preferred term is here.)

5) A plot question
In the Heaven's Feel route:
So early on there's an H scene with Rin that's supposed to be just a dream. The next day Shirou is barely able to move. I don't think the reason why was ever explained.. Presumably someone did Something to him, but neither who or what were ever mentioned. What gives?
Zogundar
Might just like this board
 
Posts: 53
Joined: August 1st, 2012, 3:34 pm

Re: Some general questions

Unread postby Message » August 1st, 2012, 6:23 pm

Zogundar wrote:I've heard the title screen changes after you start a new route; I've never seen this happen. Why is that?

If I recall correctly that's only after you finish the Sakura Normal end. See the flowchart provided with F/sn Eng.

Zogundar wrote:2)was there a patch that added it to the PC version?

Not from us, at least.

Zogundar wrote:I think the last patch was released in 2010, is the project done?

Kind of, but we'll probably do an updated version at some point.

Zogundar wrote:(I experienced some minor bugs here and there, like missing ((But voiced)) text for one of the dead ends.)

Please do report them in the bug report thread. We'll get to them someday.

Zogundar wrote:What about the Realta Nua scenes from the PS2 (And now PC apparently?) version and.. stuff?

There's an RN patch somewhere, but it doesn't ask for the RN DVD so it's considered warez-ish here.

Zogundar wrote:Wasn't there a fourth (Mini?) route that opens up at some point?

Not according to the flowchart, so I guess not?
User avatar
Message
Master of Bad Puns
 
Posts: 1845
Joined: October 25th, 2004, 6:27 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: Some general questions

Unread postby Zogundar » August 1st, 2012, 7:26 pm

Message wrote:If I recall correctly that's only after you finish the Sakura Normal end. See the flowchart provided with F/sn Eng.
Oh. I thought I heard there was one for UBW, then one for HF, and then another for the one that doesn't exist apparently? I don't even know what name I thought it was anymore.

Message wrote:Kind of, but we'll probably do an updated version at some point.
yay

Message wrote:Please do report them in the bug report thread. We'll get to them someday.
Aw, I wish I had known you guys were still working on this stuff, I might have kept track of errors and such as I read. :/ I think I can figure out the one I mentioned though, since there's only two dead ends that I did and it was the second one.

Message wrote:There's an RN patch somewhere, but it doesn't ask for the RN DVD so it's considered warez-ish here.
Oh. I think I've been using that? I thought you guys made that. It doesn't have the alternate non-h scenes in it though. I don't know if Realta Nua added any extra scenes on top of that too.

Message wrote:Not according to the flowchart, so I guess not?
Maybe this was another Realta Nua thing? Checking the place I got said patch, it also mentions a "Last Episode" thing, whatever that is. Is the "All Clear title [screen?]" they refer to the "Sakura Normal end" thing you mentioned?

Another spoilerish question, concerning the Gallery (I suspect the answer is more spoilery than the question, but I'm playing it safe.)
After finishing the three routes, the last page of the "Another" gallery is still totally covered, with not a single image encountered. What part of the story fills them in? Is it a Realta Nua thing?
Zogundar
Might just like this board
 
Posts: 53
Joined: August 1st, 2012, 3:34 pm

Re: Some general questions

Unread postby Message » August 2nd, 2012, 6:11 am

Zogundar wrote:
Message wrote:If I recall correctly that's only after you finish the Sakura Normal end. See the flowchart provided with F/sn Eng.
Oh. I thought I heard there was one for UBW, then one for HF, and then another for the one that doesn't exist apparently? I don't even know what name I thought it was anymore.

Well I could be wrong, I never played the game, I'm just recalling from discussions I've read in the past.

Zogundar wrote:
Message wrote:There's an RN patch somewhere, but it doesn't ask for the RN DVD so it's considered warez-ish here.
Oh. I think I've been using that? I thought you guys made that. It doesn't have the alternate non-h scenes in it though. I don't know if Realta Nua added any extra scenes on top of that too.

The voice patch is by us. This should be obvious since you can select the voicepatch during installation of F/sn Eng. It does require the RN DVD. The rest of RN we didn't work on.

Fir the rest, no idea. Perhaps someone else knows?
User avatar
Message
Master of Bad Puns
 
Posts: 1845
Joined: October 25th, 2004, 6:27 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: Some general questions

Unread postby Zogundar » August 2nd, 2012, 2:10 pm

Message wrote:If I recall correctly that's only after you finish the Sakura Normal end. See the flowchart provided with F/sn Eng.
I did this last night, and I still have the same old original title screen. :/
Zogundar
Might just like this board
 
Posts: 53
Joined: August 1st, 2012, 3:34 pm

Re: Some general questions

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » August 8th, 2012, 8:50 pm

If I remeber correctly you need to get every single ending and the Tiger Doujos as well.

Meaning you need 40 for the Doujos, the Fate End, the UBW Good and True End, and of course Sakura's Simple, Good and True Ends. I mean it only changed when I managed to do all of that when I played it.

So if your missing something, just check on the flow chart to make sure what you still need.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
User avatar
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx
 
Posts: 1833
Joined: August 31st, 2008, 8:08 pm
Location: Inside the Depletion Garden

Re: Some general questions

Unread postby Zogundar » August 8th, 2012, 9:11 pm

Kid-Wolf wrote:If I remeber correctly you need to get every single ending and the Tiger Doujos as well.

Meaning you need 40 for the Doujos, the Fate End, the UBW Good and True End, and of course Sakura's Simple, Good and True Ends. I mean it only changed when I managed to do all of that when I played it.

So if your missing something, just check on the flow chart to make sure what you still need.
Wait, Sakura has three endings? I thought there was only the Normal Ending and the True Ending. My walkthrough doesn't mention a third/simple one, nor do I remember seeing a third end on the flowchart...
Zogundar
Might just like this board
 
Posts: 53
Joined: August 1st, 2012, 3:34 pm

Re: Some general questions

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » August 10th, 2012, 8:25 pm

The simple one is pretty much,
burning out Shirou's mana and pretty much he dies before seeing Illya. So instead of holding off and let Rider take the brunt of saber's Attck, you'll have to pick the I have one more in me kind of choice to get the simple end.


Yes it's in spoilers since it does take about the climax part of the game you know.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
User avatar
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx
 
Posts: 1833
Joined: August 31st, 2008, 8:08 pm
Location: Inside the Depletion Garden

Re: Some general questions

Unread postby Zogundar » August 10th, 2012, 9:28 pm

Kid-Wolf wrote:The simple one is pretty much,
burning out Shirou's mana and pretty much he dies before seeing Illya. So instead of holding off and let Rider take the brunt of saber's Attck, you'll have to pick the I have one more in me kind of choice to get the simple end.


Yes it's in spoilers since it does take about the climax part of the game you know.
Is that the one where you are given a choice that you don't get the first time through? I thought that was the Normal End. Or is that one of the Dead Ends? The True End is the one that ends 2 years later with everyone going to see the sakura trees and it plays the final and unique credits. What's the "Good" End then?


And I have no problems with someone spoiler tagging something? I think it's great when people have the courtesy to do that.
Zogundar
Might just like this board
 
Posts: 53
Joined: August 1st, 2012, 3:34 pm

Re: Some general questions

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » August 11th, 2012, 9:18 am

The final choice
is where you get to see Illya for the first time, and then when you redo that very scene you're given the chance to get the actual Sakura Good End.


The Simple End kind of bypasses all of that, but for some reason it isn't really counted as an actual end, but it goes though the motions of what happened in the Good End anyways.

Also, don't forget to check out the very last Tiger Theater as well, since
there are a few CGs for the so-called wrap-up party with Illya and Tiger.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
User avatar
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx
 
Posts: 1833
Joined: August 31st, 2008, 8:08 pm
Location: Inside the Depletion Garden

Re: Some general questions

Unread postby Zogundar » August 15th, 2012, 3:27 pm

If it doesn't count as an actual end then is viewing it actually necessary to unlock anything?
Zogundar
Might just like this board
 
Posts: 53
Joined: August 1st, 2012, 3:34 pm

Re: Some general questions

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » August 16th, 2012, 3:45 pm

Not that I'm fully aware of, but it's one of those points for those people that consider themself as a completionist when they play a Visual Novel.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
User avatar
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx
 
Posts: 1833
Joined: August 31st, 2008, 8:08 pm
Location: Inside the Depletion Garden


Return to Fate/stay night Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests