UBW: inside vs outside

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

UBW: inside vs outside

Unread postby JKnight77 » March 20th, 2012, 6:33 pm

Yo! I am new here so please forgive me of my mistakes.

Ok, so here goes.

When Archer/Shirou traces a weapon, the quality of projected weapons will always be degraded by one rank. I'm not sure if this is applies when inside of UBW. I think this only applies outside of it. When Shirou uses UBW, he states that "there is no rule stating a fake can't be the original." Shirou also manages to match and breaks gilgamesh's longsword with his own longsword.

Also if their entire histories, compositions, and designs are all perfectly recorded(as stated in the type moon wiki), a perfect copy of the originals can be reproduced without degradation. Not to mention the rank of UBW is E~A++. If that is the case what rank can E rank weapons degrade to or what would be an A++ weapon be degraded from?

Or is there another reason that Shirou's sword can match with gilgamesh's sword that I missed out or did I misread something?
JKnight77
Totally hardly posted

Re: UBW: inside vs outside

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » March 20th, 2012, 8:33 pm

My guess on the degratation of the Ranks would be for an A++ would drop down to an A+ Rank. As for the E Rank it'll either drop down to either an E- Rank or actually have an F Rank.

I thought Shirou's quote in that part of the UBW storyline was more along the line of
even a copy can be the orignal if it was done right.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby JKnight77 » March 21st, 2012, 9:07 am

Kid-Wolf wrote:My guess on the degratation of the Ranks would be for an A++ would drop down to an A+ Rank. As for the E Rank it'll either drop down to either an E- Rank or actually have an F Rank.

I thought Shirou's quote in that part of the UBW storyline was more along the line of
even a copy can be the orignal if it was done right.

Hmm then where do A++ in UBW come from? And the rank for UBW starts from E so my guess is that there shouldn't be a weapon with a rank lower than E in UBW.

So
a sword that is a copy can be at the same rank as the original if it is done right?
JKnight77
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Mudmagic123 » April 3rd, 2012, 12:35 am

I'm sorry if I make a mistake but I think that if you get an A++ weapon it's degraded from an EX weapon. As for E rank weapons maybe it's because it can't go lower than E?
Mudmagic123
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby JKnight77 » April 11th, 2012, 6:26 am

Mudmagic123 wrote:I'm sorry if I make a mistake but I think that if you get an A++ weapon it's degraded from an EX weapon. As for E rank weapons maybe it's because it can't go lower than E?

EX isn't an actual rank, it just means unmeasurable. For eg. Ionioi Hetairoi, its EX rank comes from the fact that it is the consecutive summoning of multiple independent Servants. Not because the servants in it are ranked above A++. In fact most of the servants in it are low ranking servants maybe except for Iskander's generals. Ionioi Hetairoi is ranked EX mostly due to its large unknown scale, with thousands of soldiers(which are servants) with independent action.

So imo if a NP's value is unmeasurable, it's degraded copy will also be unmeasurable as well hence it will still remain as EX rank NP.

And as for NPs can't go lower than E rank it shows that the rule for traced NPs to always be one rank lower than the original to be inaccurate.
JKnight77
Totally hardly posted

Return to Fate/stay night Chat