Config and Save problem

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Config and Save problem

Unread postby FireReaver » November 22nd, 2011, 12:09 pm

Hi, I have problem with saving config in FSN. Everytime I exit the program my config gets resetet and my savename is empty (like if I lower the sound, make text appearing faster and save it under name "Fate", once I start program again savename is [] and all config default, but I continue from when I save it...)

Is there way to fix it?
FireReaver
Totally hardly posted

Re: Config and Save problem

Unread postby Bejarid » November 22nd, 2011, 1:48 pm

If you have the UAC actived, have you try to start FSN as administrator, that it can write files wherever it wants?
Bejarid
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby FireReaver » November 22nd, 2011, 2:35 pm

I dont have UAC, Im using XP
FireReaver
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » November 22nd, 2011, 7:15 pm

You probably installed F/sn as an administrator, and are running it as a user. Users cannot write to Program Files and its subfolders.

Either set your game's directory to 'full access' for all users, or reinstall the game to an unprotected directory.

Unread postby FireReaver » November 22nd, 2011, 10:29 pm

Thats wierd. I didnt have it installed in Program Files in the first place, but after I put there my folder it started working... thanks guys!

One question... should I install Realta Nua patch too? All I really care are voices (which I already have) and I dont know what other things except censoring RN has, any advice?

Btw thanks for translation Mirror-Moon!
FireReaver
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Bejarid » November 23rd, 2011, 11:40 pm

The Realta Nua patch of mirrormoon only add voices. Well, not sure I should said "only" but that's it :D

Another group have release a patch for some new scene and CG from RN, but I haven't try it, I don't find it important (too few are done atm, much more are on work, like for replace the 18+ scenes, but it haven't move for more of a year so don't expect it soon).
Bejarid
Posting more than n00bs

Return to Fate/stay night Chat