Uninstalling Fate/stay night messed up my PC's font!

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Uninstalling Fate/stay night messed up my PC's font!

Unread postby Yoyoenix91 » January 21st, 2011, 12:24 am

Okay, so I had to uninstall Fate/stay night with the Realta Nua voice patch in order to conserve some space on my PC. When doing so, I uninstalled the font that came with the translation of the game. I don't know WHY, I just did. But as it turns out, my PC was using Japanese locale settings... and apparently, that is the font that the locale uses for English.

I've re-installed the font to the PC... but now a lot of the text I had in various windows is tiny and annoying to read, unlike the rest which is normal looking, like everyone's PC.

Is there any way I can fix this and keep my PC running under Japanese settings?

Thanks guys!
Yoyoenix91
Totally hardly posted

Re: Uninstalling Fate/stay night messed up my PC's font!

Unread postby Message » January 21st, 2011, 6:07 am

Yoyoenix91 wrote:Okay, so I had to uninstall Fate/stay night with the Realta Nua voice patch in order to conserve some space on my PC. When doing so, I uninstalled the font that came with the translation of the game. I don't know WHY, I just did. But as it turns out, my PC was using Japanese locale settings... and apparently, that is the font that the locale uses for English.

The font we install is NOT used by Windows for Japanese locale, unless you specifically hardwire windows to use it. It could be that something or someone removed the standard Japanese fonts from your PC before you uninstalled F/sn, which made Windows switch to monakrkr. To fix, it might be sufficient to change your dpi setting: Display properties, Settings tab, Advanced button, general tab. Or you can try going to display properties, Appearance tab, Advanced button, and then set the font for all categories to something proper.

Unread postby Memnarch » April 9th, 2011, 4:22 pm

Sorry for this late Reply.

But just in Case:
MAybe the Registry is messed up. Go to the folder Windows\Fonts. If the registry is just messed up and the file is still there, windows does an autorefresh, recreates the Registry entry and you're done.

This happens cause the Font folder is not a real folder. Its an application bind into the explorer. You may have noticed that whenever you drag a font into the font folder, its automatically installed. Thats only possible cause the fonts folder is an application. So you may try to open your font folder, and if there are any fonts within the folder, without a registry entry, windows corrects it.

Again: sorry for this late reply, but i thought this info might be useful for other users if they read this.

Greets
Memnarch
Memnarch
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » April 9th, 2011, 7:06 pm

The whole point was that he allowed the uninstaller to remove the font. Therefore your suggestion isn't applicable.

Return to Fate/stay night Chat