Archer's swords

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Archer's swords

Unread postby Superflonic » October 7th, 2010, 6:04 pm

Holy cow, this has been a long time. How are you doing mirror moon? :D

Anyway ever since I've been going to a local Animecon (well, last year was the first time) I want to cosplay myself.
Looking at the title, it's kind of obvious who I want to cosplay: Archer.
However, I need some information, most about his swords Kanshou and Bakuya. Things like size, of the blade and the grip, thickness, etcetera etcetera...

If someone could supply me with this info, I would be forever in your debt :D

Have a good one,

Superflo
Candlejack, I wonder what hap
Superflonic
Crack Desu!

Re: Archer's swords

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » October 17th, 2010, 4:50 pm

Superflonic wrote:Holy cow, this has been a long time. How are you doing mirror moon? :D

Anyway ever since I've been going to a local Animecon (well, last year was the first time) I want to cosplay myself.
Looking at the title, it's kind of obvious who I want to cosplay: Archer.
However, I need some information, most about his swords Kanshou and Bakuya. Things like size, of the blade and the grip, thickness, etcetera etcetera...

If someone could supply me with this info, I would be forever in your debt :D

As far as I know, Archer's Kanshou and Bakuya are practically twin Dao swords/sabers... kinda like the ones used in modern wushu.
Each sword are about the same length as Archer's arm (from tip to the grip's counterweight).

Fate/Side Material page eighty-three, "Their shape is absolutely identical. The black blade is (somehow) the Yang sword Kanshou, and the white is the Yin sword Bakuya. The ore of the white has less of the shine of a polished metal than it has the haze of a cloud. The black one is covered in a hexagonal pattern. As for the practical use, the quality of the grip is more important than the ornamental value. But it's quite big and heavy."
!すでのな
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Return to Fate/stay night Chat