F/HA need help! please help!

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

F/HA need help! please help!

Unread postby AlodiaAurellius » August 6th, 2010, 5:51 pm

so... im sure few people have asked this already....but...I'm new since i just finished F/SN and now i wanna play F/HA but having problem at the installation....
there's this dialog box where it needs me to browse and search for some file i can't find....and sooo since i can't find what file it is....i aborted installing the game...please help
AlodiaAurellius
Totally hardly posted
 
Posts: 4
Joined: August 6th, 2010, 5:44 pm

Re: F/HA need help! please help!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » August 6th, 2010, 10:28 pm

First off the translation isn't done as of yet, so you going to use AppLocale to actually run the installer so it'll work and to top it off you'll need the AppLocale to play the game as well. Although if you're patient enough and wait for a group to finish it's translation of it I'm sure they'll make it an easier way of installing this.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
User avatar
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx
 
Posts: 1833
Joined: August 31st, 2008, 8:08 pm
Location: Inside the Depletion Garden

Re: F/HA need help! please help!

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » August 7th, 2010, 9:05 pm

AlodiaAurellius wrote:there's this dialog box where it needs me to browse and search for some file i can't find....and sooo since i can't find what file it is....i aborted installing the game...please help

assuming that you are installing the Japanese version (like you have any other choice, seeing as the english patch isn't done yet), it's just like installing any other program, insert disc, install, choose where to install, finish, play.

Then there shouldn't be any problem installing the game ...unless you forgot to switch your system locale to Japanese.

"Alodia" hmm, where have I heard that name before... (-_-)
!すでのな
User avatar
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!
 
Posts: 1177
Joined: July 25th, 2008, 11:46 am
Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Re: F/HA need help! please help!

Unread postby AlodiaAurellius » August 8th, 2010, 4:56 am

nanaya_shinya wrote:
AlodiaAurellius wrote:there's this dialog box where it needs me to browse and search for some file i can't find....and sooo since i can't find what file it is....i aborted installing the game...please help

assuming that you are installing the Japanese version (like you have any other choice, seeing as the english patch isn't done yet), it's just like installing any other program, insert disc, install, choose where to install, finish, play.

Then there shouldn't be any problem installing the game ...unless you forgot to switch your system locale to Japanese.

"Alodia" hmm, where have I heard that name before... (-_-)

uhmmm....my file type is rar.....its 2.66gb not a cd....
AlodiaAurellius
Totally hardly posted
 
Posts: 4
Joined: August 6th, 2010, 5:44 pm

Re: F/HA need help! please help!

Unread postby sushimonster » August 8th, 2010, 9:26 am

AlodiaAurellius wrote:uhmmm....my file type is rar.....its 2.66gb not a cd....


...If you are saying what I think you are saying, you will be getting a spanking from Message pretty soon.

Please read the forum rules here.
And on behalf of the FHA translation team (not mirror moon); we cannot and will not support warez, and nor will mirror moon.


Kid-Wolf wrote:First off the translation isn't done as of yet, so you going to use AppLocale to actually run the installer so it'll work and to top it off you'll need the AppLocale to play the game as well. Although if you're patient enough and wait for a group to finish it's translation of it I'm sure they'll make it an easier way of installing this.


Not at the moment, and it's not likely. More like, we'll be releasing it in a single patch.xp3 and the user simply has to move it into the game directory to play with the translations. At the moment, we expect the user to get his/her own installation working. We'll probably focus on this issue once the actual TL is done.
Image editor for the Fate/hollow ataraxia English Translation Project (mirrormoon is NOT translating)

DJMax Korea Veteran Elite Member (Top 350)
User avatar
sushimonster
Crack Addic!
 
Posts: 123
Joined: October 1st, 2008, 10:25 am
Location: Aotearoa - JafaTown

Re: F/HA need help! please help!

Unread postby AlodiaAurellius » August 8th, 2010, 10:12 am

sushimonster wrote:
AlodiaAurellius wrote:uhmmm....my file type is rar.....its 2.66gb not a cd....


...If you are saying what I think you are saying, you will be getting a spanking from Message pretty soon.

Please read the forum rules here.
And on behalf of the FHA translation team (not mirror moon); we cannot and will not support warez, and nor will mirror moon.


Kid-Wolf wrote:First off the translation isn't done as of yet, so you going to use AppLocale to actually run the installer so it'll work and to top it off you'll need the AppLocale to play the game as well. Although if you're patient enough and wait for a group to finish it's translation of it I'm sure they'll make it an easier way of installing this.


Not at the moment, and it's not likely. More like, we'll be releasing it in a single patch.xp3 and the user simply has to move it into the game directory to play with the translations. At the moment, we expect the user to get his/her own installation working. We'll probably focus on this issue once the actual TL is done.

hey look....i registered here to look for help...ok? well sorry if i don't have the availability to buy the cd...besides...i got the file from a friend...
my country doesn't sell VN CDs so...i look for help...it would be great if you can provide me some ways....sigh....by the way...whaddya mean by "If you are saying what I think you are saying"<<<this?
AlodiaAurellius
Totally hardly posted
 
Posts: 4
Joined: August 6th, 2010, 5:44 pm

Re: F/HA need help! please help!

Unread postby sushimonster » August 8th, 2010, 10:30 am

AlodiaAurellius wrote:hey look....i registered here to look for help...ok? well sorry if i don't have the availability to buy the cd...besides...i got the file from a friend...
my country doesn't sell VN CDs so...i look for help...it would be great if you can provide me some ways....sigh....by the way...whaddya mean by "If you are saying what I think you are saying"<<<this?


They don't sell the discs here in New Zealand, yet I bought them and got them shipped all the way from Japan (and yes, it cost me my arm and a leg)

Ok - you are looking for help. Yep. Sweet; I understand that you need help getting FHA to work.

What I mean by "If you are saying what I think you are saying"...
The fact that you do NOT have genuine discs is against the rules here (read line 2 here viewtopic.php?f=19&t=281)

mirror moon does not condone warez (ie, people who download games / people who do not own the genuine disc). That is illegal and hurts the creators of the game.

Message (the moderator here) should be able to explain it better.

But to be of some help.
You most likely have the 'dummy-cut', which is pretty much the .iso but with 'unnecessary' files being removed. The chances are, some important file has been taken out, causing issues when installing. I just checked my actual (genuine) disc, and the entire DVD is over 5GB. So clearly something is missing in your .rar file.
Last edited by sushimonster on August 8th, 2010, 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image editor for the Fate/hollow ataraxia English Translation Project (mirrormoon is NOT translating)

DJMax Korea Veteran Elite Member (Top 350)
User avatar
sushimonster
Crack Addic!
 
Posts: 123
Joined: October 1st, 2008, 10:25 am
Location: Aotearoa - JafaTown

Re: F/HA need help! please help!

Unread postby AlodiaAurellius » August 8th, 2010, 10:42 am

sushimonster wrote:
AlodiaAurellius wrote:hey look....i registered here to look for help...ok? well sorry if i don't have the availability to buy the cd...besides...i got the file from a friend...
my country doesn't sell VN CDs so...i look for help...it would be great if you can provide me some ways....sigh....by the way...whaddya mean by "If you are saying what I think you are saying"<<<this?


They don't sell the discs here in New Zealand, yet I bought them and got them shipped all the way from Japan (and yes, it cost me my arm and a leg)

Ok - you are looking for help. Yep. Sweet; I understand that you need help getting FHA to work.

What I mean by "If you are saying what I think you are saying"...
The fact that you do NOT have genuine discs is against the rules here (read line 2 here viewtopic.php?f=19&t=281)

mirror moon does not condone warez (ie, people who download games / people who do not own the genuine disc). That is illegal and hurts the creators of the game.

Message (the moderator here) should be able to explain it better.

well look i said it didn't i? that i do NOT have the availability nor i have the freedom to do so
and....hey im new....that aside im not a good reader...so...sorry... :|
AlodiaAurellius
Totally hardly posted
 
Posts: 4
Joined: August 6th, 2010, 5:44 pm

Re: F/HA need help! please help!

Unread postby Message » August 8th, 2010, 1:42 pm

AlodiaAurellius: The F/ha translation is not a mirror moon project, so I won't ban you for breaking a EULA (since I don't know if the F/ha translation even has one). However, you ARE talking about using an illegal copy of F/ha, which is in violation of the warez rule. You are therefore banned from these forums for breaking the warez rule.
User avatar
Message
Master of Bad Puns
 
Posts: 1845
Joined: October 25th, 2004, 6:27 pm
Location: Netherlands


Return to Fate/stay night Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest