I've officially become a Fate Otaku =p

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

I've officially become a Fate Otaku =p

Unread postby leinaud » June 24th, 2010, 9:07 am

So I was out traveling around and decided to stop by my favorite store to see what they had on hand. Well both good and yet sad I refuse to be labeled and Otaku!!!), I made a few purchases...

Those will add to my official Fate/Stay Night and Fate/Hollow Ataraxia computer games as well as the box set of JP version Fate/Unlimited Codes Ps2 game with Saber Lily, the downloaded US PSP version, the Fate/Stay Night anime box set and countless wallpapers for the PC, PS3 and PSP. I am actually half tempted to sell the cell phone straps and fan book (it's the one with the calendar, CD sleeves, and mini game with paper people in the back) since I am living here in Japan and have access to be able to get more so that I can share the goodness with all of you back in the states. Any thoughts about that?

Also, I'm not sure how legal it is (mods, help me out on this) but if people want 1080P (and an average 8megs) sized backgrounds of the pictures (un-edited) from the Fate/Stay Night PC game, let me know, I've figured out how to make them and they even look good as a PS3 background on my 42" TV.

On a side note, Project Diva "Best" Edition came out today and since I've been looking for it, decided to pick it up. Little did I realize that I was lucky enough to stop in a store that had two of the pre-order sets left!

The little nendoroid now has a home on my car's dash.

(still looking for a good Fate nendoroid though...)
-Dan
leinaud
Posting more than n00bs

Re: I've officially become a Fate Otaku =p

Unread postby Nintendo Maniac 64 » July 27th, 2010, 4:52 am

Um... for the backgrounds thing, all you need to do is take the original CG image in lossless (a screenshot taken in fullscreen saved as PNG will do) and just upscale via lanczos to your desired resolution.

Turns out that lanczos works VERY well up to around 200% for lossless images that aren't line drawings or pixel art (or 3D with bad aliasing).

EDIT: Forget lanczos, turns out that the "S-Spline Max" upscaler in "PhotoZoom 3" is darn-near-freaking-MAGICAL (for anime/manga art, it looks best on the "downsize" setting). However, it IS commercial (and expensive!), but you can just take screenshots of the preview image in the demo version and reassemble the pieces manually. (this is much easier if you set your screen resolution to something very hi-res)
Nintendo Maniac 64
Crack Addic!

Return to Fate/stay night Chat