Fate Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Fate Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya

Unread postby gunblade » October 6th, 2009, 2:58 pm

Saw this on a website a while it obviously is not canon is this an actual proper release for mainstream bookstores in Japan or is it strictly doujin work.

Well I guess it still is doujin regardless since it isn't made by anyone from Type Moon but i'm sure you understand what i mean ^^
gunblade
Might just like this board

Re: Fate Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » October 6th, 2009, 3:10 pm

Well at the start of all of this it wasn't done by Type-Moon at first. Now it's basically considered as an alternate setting, kind of like how the Tiger Collseum game is consdiered as well.

So in any case this is pretty much a now seriallized publication for Type-Moon. I mean it's good to see that Illya has a main role and we even get to see Kaleido Ruby in action as well for this manga.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby gunblade » October 6th, 2009, 10:48 pm

Chance's of license?

Little to none probably eh?
gunblade

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » October 7th, 2009, 1:26 am

Well there are people that are scanalating the series, but as for a licensing I would say there is some chance depnding on how the regular manga fairs.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby abscess » October 7th, 2009, 3:44 am

Let's be realists, FSN (the VN) is somewhat of a niche just because of its nature (a VN...). Fate Kaleid Liner Prisma Ilya is like the niche of a niche, you'd have to have some more info on Fate other than the manga or anime to get what's going on (jokes, story, Kaleid Ruby, etc.), so I think it mostly is for the hardcore fans. Manga itself is still considered somewhat of a niche, meaning that, outside of Japan, the buyers would have to be "japanophiles," hardcore Fate-fans and probably Ilya-fans. The main bulk of people interested in anime/manga that got to know about FSN solely through the anime or manga may not show much interest in this particular "side universe," not to mention those other hardcore fans that aren't interested either.
There are other titles that would fare better.
gunblade wrote:Chance's of license?

Little to none probably eh?

I'd say yes.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess

Unread postby gunblade » October 9th, 2009, 12:40 am

For anyone who's read the scanslation anyone have a theory on how this universe came about?
gunblade

Unread postby Catastrophe » October 9th, 2009, 1:37 am

gunblade wrote:For anyone who's read the scanslation anyone have a theory on how this universe came about?

pretty much just because it could....seriously
PS: and perhaps that japanese fanbase wanted to see Illya in Mahou Shoujo outfit that bad...

Edit: oh, hey 701th post :P
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN
Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » October 9th, 2009, 3:51 am

Well if you think about it she did mention that she would be the next magical girl in the Fate series in one of the Tiger Dojos. So I guess they kind of did it as a joke, and then ran with it.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby zweiterversuch » January 12th, 2010, 12:31 am

Well. I am not sure if it is right to bring old threads back to life but I can imgine Message saying something like:

"Why don't you search for "Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya Manga"?

so I will risk it.

So this manga. It is nice, makes sense and has a second season, in other words it is goooood. But! there is one little flaw and that is: The Archer- thing and Illya's "Einzbern-mode" (parody of Shiki's "Nanaya-mode").

I won't spoil what happens and how it happens, I will just say that it would have made more sense if Illya would have choosen the Berserker card and not the Archer card (I mean, she is Berserker's only master.)
And I also think that she would have been able to destroy that enemy if she had used Berserker's nine lifes instead of coping her enemy's attack.
Besides she was in her "Einzbern-mode" so she would have more affinity with Berserker than with Archer.

Well, I hope somebody replies...or at least, I hope I don't get banned for illegal necromancy.
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!
zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » January 12th, 2010, 4:33 am

But you forget, if Illya doesn't use the Archer Card Ability then Archerko wouldn't be much of a cannon-type character. Besides since there is a dojin of Shiroko why not have something with Archerko, but with Illya.

Never the less at least her wish was fullfilled in one of the Tiger Dojos in the Visual Novel.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby zweiterversuch » January 12th, 2010, 5:56 pm

wait...Shiroko? Archerko?

a doujinshi?

I haven't seen that one.

Do you mean the one with Illya and Sakura?
Illya is some kind of super servant and Sakura is...well, a victim (like always) and Zeltrecht is the bad guy?

You mean that one? Sword something was the name I think.
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!
zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » January 13th, 2010, 2:01 am

The doujin for Archerko is Sword Dancers, which is about Archerko vs Emiya.

While the Shiroko doujins are about how Illya's body + Shirou's Soul = female plaything for Sakura. Thos doujins pretty much poke fun of Shirou turning into a girl and still having the mindset of a normal guy.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby astalotte » April 23rd, 2014, 2:07 pm

i dont feel as though it should be called 'fate' without normal
moe-tsun saber after all it is her route
astalotte
Posting more than n00bs

Return to Fate/stay night Chat