Fate/EXTRA

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Re: Fate/EXTRA

Unread postby Thanatos » January 24th, 2010, 1:59 pm

I have a question, I'm planning to buy a PSP, and I wonder if this game gonna work on a European PSP? Anyone know?
If its downloadable through PSN I woul buy it from there^^ if not I could let my sister buy it for me, who is in Japan at the time of release^^
Thanatos
Addict

Unread postby Gunbladeuser » January 24th, 2010, 2:10 pm

Thanatos wrote:I have a question, I'm planning to buy a PSP, and I wonder if this game gonna work on a European PSP? Anyone know?

Yeah, all PSP games are region free and therefore playable on any PSP, regardless of whether it is from Japan, America or Europe.

if not I could let my sister buy it for me, who is in Japan at the time of release^^

AFAIK, the release for Fate/Extra was announced to be delayed, though no specific new release date was declared...
Gunbladeuser
Addict

Unread postby Thanatos » January 24th, 2010, 3:43 pm

thx for your answer,
well according to http://www.amazon.co.jp/ its 18th march, even if its later my sister will still be there^^ (1 year of study over there)
Thanatos
Addict

Unread postby Gunbladeuser » January 24th, 2010, 7:25 pm

According to this site Fate/Extra's release will be delayed.

Anyway... I sure hope that this gets a English localization. Else I guess I'll import the Japanese version as well.

PS: Hast du ein Glück, dass deine Schwester ein Jahr lang in Japan ist. Import ist teuer... >__<
Gunbladeuser
Addict

Unread postby antidestruct » January 24th, 2010, 11:10 pm

I would LOOOOVE for this game to be released in English. I'm forever the pessimist though, so I really doubt it will.
antidestruct
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby smartazjb0y » March 19th, 2010, 11:36 pm

I was looking at the website, and apparently there's been quite a few updates, with one yesterday. Does anyone who speak Japanese know what's being said in those updates?
smartazjb0y
Might just like this board

Unread postby Thanatos » April 1st, 2010, 1:34 pm

Fate/Extra release date was announced, according to http://www.typemoon.com/main.html its on 22 july 2010.
Thanatos
Addict

Unread postby Gunbladeuser » June 20th, 2010, 12:03 am

I really hope this game's gonna get a oversea release.
Since it does appear to be really similar to Shin Megami Tensei: Persona, maybe some publisher picks it up...
Gunbladeuser
Addict

Unread postby leinaud » September 3rd, 2010, 3:55 am

looks like the Nasuverse is still intertwining...

this is kind of a spoiler, FYI

ah and some interesting news as well...

OOO, it's gonna be LIVE~!!
-Dan
leinaud
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby solopy567 » September 3rd, 2010, 7:46 am

From what I found out, Ryougi was brought into that world and has to kill 100 servants to get back to hers. Arcueid is, interestingly, a Berserker class servant.
"Sion Eltnam is no more.
All there is left is a dead apostle who has inherited the name of TATARI.
Now.....Let's begin the Bloody Second Act." - Sion TATARI
solopy567
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » September 4th, 2010, 4:46 pm

Oh Kami-sama what has Nasu done now? Granted I can understand,
the crossover of Ryougi and Tohno in the receint Melty Blood game, but for her and Arc to be in Fate while there is pretty much no conection for those two to be there? If I may borow a quote from Shirou in a certain doujin/web-comic, "You lost me."
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Sovran » September 4th, 2010, 4:48 pm

Don't know if this is a spoiler or not, just in case someone really do not click spoiler button when they see it.
So, why the hell Saber is a girl again? I'm kinda forgot why F-SN's Saber is a girl, despite being a man in the previous life. Was there a discussion on this?
Sovran
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » September 4th, 2010, 5:42 pm

Sovran wrote:
Don't know if this is a spoiler or not, just in case someone really do not click spoiler button when they see it.
So, why the hell Saber is a girl again? I'm kinda forgot why F-SN's Saber is a girl, despite being a man in the previous life. Was there a discussion on this?

Simple,
it's because in the actual Visual Novel, Saber was a girl to begin with. The reason for this is because I think Nasu changed the concept characters around to have a male lead instead of a female lead. I mean Shirou was supposed to be the female role, while Saber was supposed to be called Saver. Although the concept female character somehow ended up being something close to being Tohsaka somehow.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby Sovran » September 5th, 2010, 1:14 pm

Kid-Wolf wrote:
Sovran wrote:

Simple,
it's because in the actual Visual Novel, Saber was a girl to begin with. The reason for this is because I think Nasu changed the concept characters around to have a male lead instead of a female lead. I mean Shirou was supposed to be the female role, while Saber was supposed to be called Saver. Although the concept female character somehow ended up being something close to being Tohsaka somehow.

Don't know why, but I can't agree on this. It's really weird, somehow. Then what about Rider [El Drago], though history says he was a man, in the game when she called out her NP, she said something about "This is blabla, the woman who drowned the Sun" or something (Sorry, I don't remember the exact phrase, but there was certainly mention about being a woman). All servants' spirits are people from history or mythology, and because records are unreliable, Nasu made them from his own perception, image of them, no?
Sovran
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Thanatos » July 3rd, 2011, 6:23 pm

fate/extra comes to North America :D
source: http://www.siliconera.com/2011/07/02/fa ... this-year/
Thanatos
Addict

Unread postby Nintendo Maniac 64 » July 8th, 2011, 3:29 am

Holy crap, IN STORES?!

Seems that this is the first Fate/stay night-based game to "really" get localized. (Unlimited Codes was download only)
Nintendo Maniac 64
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » August 17th, 2011, 6:49 pm

Well this kind of marks the idea of if this game does well we might see a late entry of Tiger Colleseum but that's wishful thinking right there. Although I would like to see a psyical copy of Unlimited Codes since I just dont see the PSN being all that relyable as of late.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby LaLaLaidarR » August 24th, 2011, 7:48 am

The release date is October 18, 2011.
http://www.siliconera.com/2011/08/08/ak ... fateextra/
LaLaLaidarR
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » November 2nd, 2011, 8:40 am

It's been out for weeks now, how does it compare to the original Japanese?
!すでのな
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

PreviousNext

Return to Fate/stay night Chat