Fate/EXTRA

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Re: Fate/EXTRA

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » October 14th, 2009, 11:52 pm

Well if the foxgirl happens to be Kohaku, then I would kind of see her as Caster since her alter ego goes by the name Magical Amber. Although I do prefer to see our Caster back in action some more as well here, and of course our dear Rider as well. Although one can only hope on what they will do for this game since we don't have much to go on at this moment.

As for Saber, it's because she's not wearing her armor and she has a see-through skirt. If she had her armor on you couldn't tell that she had a bust to begin with. As for the see-through skirt, I think someone wanted to have an excuse for pantyshots invovled in the game, and Saber was it for the job, I'll bet.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Ailtin » October 15th, 2009, 1:31 am

Maybe I got used too much on the usual Saber. But my oppinion is still that this Saber is not very good :(
I have something new here:
http://www.fallenfates.final-hearts.de/?p=615
According to the Images and the Text in german I assume that Rin is the Master of Lancer. The dude who is apparently Shinji is the master of the new Rider.
"This Guy is Un-F***ing believeable !"
by Christopher Walken
Ailtin
Might just like this board

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » October 15th, 2009, 7:10 am

Ailtin wrote: I just love this one because Saber and Archer are looking like always.

That's because that pic is most likely made by Takashi Takeuchi himself.
!すでのな
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Unread postby Thanatos » October 15th, 2009, 8:05 pm

Ailtin wrote:Maybe I got used too much on the usual Saber. But my oppinion is still that this Saber is not very good :(
I have something new here:
http://www.fallenfates.final-hearts.de/?p=615
According to the Images and the Text in german I assume that Rin is the Master of Lancer. The dude who is apparently Shinji is the master of the new Rider.

there stands nothing about rin beeing lancers master neither about rider^^ they just say that there is rin, shinji in the game and a "new" rider
Thanatos
Addict

Unread postby Ailtin » October 16th, 2009, 1:18 am

Well, my bad :D
I guess I jumped into conclusions :)
It seems that Rin is the Master of Lancer in one of the pictures and Shinji is the Master of the new Rider. In one of the other pictures i can barely see the Fox-Girl in the Picture i uploaded before. If i try to believe the pictures, she could be then the new Caster. But its just an assumption again ^^
Endlich einer, der auch Deutsch kann und auch Fate Stay Night kennt ;)

Man, I want to see more of GARcher ^^

Something Off-Topic:
http://uk.psp.ign.com/articles/103/1035803p1.html
Saber + Phantasy Star = ZOMFG !! :D
by Christopher Walken
Ailtin

Unread postby Tessara » October 25th, 2009, 8:22 pm

Looks like Fate/EXTRA is going to be shipping with it's own exclusive figma, ala Saber Lily. Anyone have an opinion on what to call this version of Saber? I'm tempted to go with Saber Floozy. The fifth picture down in that article shows a rather, um, oddly placed hole in the back of the dress that is displaying what I can only refer to as butt cleavage.
http://gndynames.wordpress.com/2009/10/ ... gma-saber/

*Edit* I take it back, my vote goes for Saber Wench. Those shoulder pips somehow give her a nautical feel
Tessara
Addict

Unread postby Ailtin » October 25th, 2009, 9:09 pm

Saber Wench sounds good :D
They posted on their website some Pictures too, but I think they are quite the same.

http://www.animate-shop.jp/ws/commodity_param/ctc/game/shc/0/cmc/4122838
by Christopher Walken
Ailtin

Unread postby abscess » October 26th, 2009, 9:28 pm

Tessara wrote:Saber Wench

Merriam Webster wrote:Wench
1 a : a young woman : girl b : a female servant
2 : a lewd woman : prostitute

So, a lascivious young female servant..... "I know how to please men!" Hmmm! Now, why would anyone not like that? ;) I think that actually describes Saber pretty well!

Okay, getting (partially) serious, I didn't know about the "butt cleavage" she now sports and it does make me wonder how much will the developers change the designs from the original installment to this new "Extra" that is apparently more interested in selling dem toys than producing a good game. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not gonna get all puritan saying that they are changing the source, which they are, since that would be hypocritical. But the design certainly looks odd considering we are dealing with what originally tried to pass for a reverse-trap.

Think about it, if Saber was surrounded by people that were so easily fooled into thinking that a curvy woman that actually wore clothes that accentuated her attractiveness was a boy, she would have lost the country n times over! That, or being a boy during that period in England was a real trouble.

All in all, I like the design but I find it stupidly silly. But hey, there are tons of new anime that caters to the otaku community more than the general audience, these guys are just getting in the "get cash selling trinkets to the otakus instead of producing real quality games/anime/merchandise"-bandwagon. That's a business they run.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess

Unread postby Ailtin » December 30th, 2009, 5:33 pm

The website
www.fate-extra.jp
got now some new Informations and new Characters.

there stands nothing about rin beeing lancers master neither about rider^^ they just say that there is rin, shinji in the game and a "new" rider

According to the Website
Rin is Lancers Master. I just can say : IN YO FACE !! ^^
by Christopher Walken
Ailtin

Unread postby Thanatos » December 30th, 2009, 8:20 pm

lolz that was according to german translation...

on the website we can see a new caster aswell, and the new rider looks like a pirate >.> and has some cannon attack (remind me about anne bonny in the own servant thread...), and seems to be shinjis servant...
Last edited by Thanatos on December 30th, 2009, 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanatos
Addict

Unread postby Ailtin » December 30th, 2009, 10:43 pm

The fox girl is Caster. And the woman on one Short Movie is Rider (the one with the Squall-like Scar) ^^

It just raises the Question - wtf is wrong with them ?! A Rider with canons ?? What comes next ? I just wonder how they will ruin Berserker. He will probably be then Long-John-Silver.
by Christopher Walken
Ailtin

Unread postby abscess » December 31st, 2009, 4:16 am

New Caster.... New Rider....
Those news make me a very sad panda...
The only good thing this.... thing has going for it is the boobalicious Saber, but other than that..... I am dissapoint.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess

Unread postby leinaud » January 3rd, 2010, 1:17 pm

Ugh, yeah I'm starting to not dig the new rpg so much now with all the changes. Guess we will have to see what it looks like when it's all said and done. The whole underwater academy thing has got me wierded out... At least is has a fox-girl ^_^
-Dan
leinaud
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Chaos Chaud » January 3rd, 2010, 11:40 pm

I agree that things are rather wrong with this... thing?

I think I don't even want this thing to be good 'cause of its major changes in the story lol
"Let Chaos consume your soul, and you won't be neither good nor evil, neither light nor darkness. You will be hollow, will be future, will be freedom." -Chaos Chaud
"You defeat him" -GARcher
"Drown in your ideals and die" -GARcher
"My spine hurts. My body is cold. My fingers are frozen. Yet, my brain burns with fire."- T. Shiki
Chaos Chaud
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » January 4th, 2010, 5:35 pm

Well for all we know this could be something around the line of a VR setup that was created due to Shirou's incompitence of a Magus.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby Chaos Chaud » January 4th, 2010, 10:09 pm

Kid-Wolf wrote:Well for all we know this could be something around the line of a VR setup that was created due to Shirou's incompitence of a Magus.

That's a really plausible reason XD
"Let Chaos consume your soul, and you won't be neither good nor evil, neither light nor darkness. You will be hollow, will be future, will be freedom." -Chaos Chaud
"You defeat him" -GARcher
"Drown in your ideals and die" -GARcher
"My spine hurts. My body is cold. My fingers are frozen. Yet, my brain burns with fire."- T. Shiki
Chaos Chaud
Crack Desu!

Unread postby zweiterversuch » January 5th, 2010, 1:46 am

The new lancer reminds me of Raiden in metal gear solid 2. That is a bad signal.
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!
zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby Noragatsu » January 8th, 2010, 12:21 am

zweiterversuch wrote:The new lancer reminds me of Raiden in metal gear solid 2. That is a bad signal.

Lol thats right, they are almost the same, also he can be called a terminantor wannabe xD
Noragatsu
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby TheRedArcher » January 9th, 2010, 9:20 am

I am not a fan of the art. Some of the characters look really weird since they kinda look like they came out of a shoujo manga (I can imagine a background of flowers behind some of the profile pictures).

As for the story, I don't really care if they butcher the story or not because I doubt that this will be considered as canon in the FSN world.
"Well, nobody's perfect" and "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."
TheRedArcher
Addict

Unread postby Rein » January 16th, 2010, 12:15 pm

I don't know if anyone has checked the Fate/Extra site in a while, but there have been quite a few updates with many short videos. Though the text was going too quick for me to really get, the words "program," "system," and "circuit" were mentioned quite a bit in the same conversation. That plus the obviously VR-looking backgrounds in a lot of the scenes and I would say its most probably some sort of VR.

Also, there is one scene where it looks like a VR setting and there are three large glass-looking windows/doors next to each other, then the two on the sides shatter and a pillar of light appears around the middle one. The next shot is in the same area where only that one window/door remains, and suddenly a pillar of light appears close to the camera and Saber Wench (lol) is standing there. It would seem to me that, even though Saber seems to be your servant in all the videos, you have the choice of summoning Saber, Archer, or Caster since those three do not have a master on the site and they are the only three that appear on the top page of the site.

Still not quite sure what I think of this game, especially some of the character designs.
Existence is futile
Rein
Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Fate/stay night Chat