Choppy Gameplay (Fate/Stay Night)

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Choppy Gameplay (Fate/Stay Night)

Unread postby Alaris » September 10th, 2009, 8:50 am

Well, I just reinstalled my Fate/Stay Night the other day, since I had to reinstall Vista (It's annoying...).

Anyway... I haven't been able to get past the prologue. I usually use the CTRL button to skip past all of this stuff... to get to the actual story, since I know of the prologue. It works for about... oh...20-25 seconds, until Rin meets up with Mitsurizu (I think that's the right spelling, I dunno).

Anyway, at that point, it gets extremely choppy. It takes forever for the next piece of text to load, and using CTRL only makes it take even longer. Mitsurizu's facial expressions take like 10 seconds to load (Change). The install seemed fine, other than Norton thinking that "TM.EXE" was a virus and trying to delete it. Ended up shutting down Norton for the installation.

Everything loaded fine, English installation worked, and the game loaded up, but gets choppy after about 20-25 seconds of initial gameplay. I've even waited a bit of time before trying to use CTRL to skip past stuff, and it seems the Choppyness is timed, with 20-25 seconds, and not triggered at Mitsurizu.

Any suggestions? This computer ran FSN perfect before, so it's not the hardware...
Alaris
Totally hardly posted

Re: Choppy Gameplay (Fate/Stay Night)

Unread postby Dark_Habit » September 10th, 2009, 8:34 pm

Try Re-installing, and if possible, since I don't know much about Vista :(,
change compatibility or a few settings in the .exe file. You can also try to make images of your discs and
mount them to see if it works.
If your problem still isn't solved, Message should be on his way :D
Life is but a River.
A continuous flow,relentless till it reaches its destination.
Rocks,rapids,falls hinder not the flow of the strong.
It has its ups,and its downs.
And in the end,peacefully.......
It dissipates into to vast Ocean.
Dark_Habit
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Soulshade » September 10th, 2009, 8:39 pm

i think the problem is that your computer is lagging. I've had this problem as well so in my experience i just turn off running programs that i dont need.
Soulshade
Addict

Unread postby Dark_Habit » September 10th, 2009, 8:46 pm

Soulshade wrote:i think the problem is that your computer is lagging. I've had this problem as well so in my experience i just turn off running programs that i dont need.

Yeah, that may be true.....In XP I usually open the task manager and end unnecessary user processes
if I ever experience lag.
Life is but a River.
A continuous flow,relentless till it reaches its destination.
Rocks,rapids,falls hinder not the flow of the strong.
It has its ups,and its downs.
And in the end,peacefully.......
It dissipates into to vast Ocean.
Dark_Habit
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Uberoy » September 10th, 2009, 8:48 pm

My F/SN is choppy in the menu (maybe in the game aswell, cant remember) but it runs normaly if I alt + tab out of the game and then alt + tab back. And yes, I run Vista. Try it. I dont know why it works...
But I shall forgive you. Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained.
Uberoy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Alaris » September 11th, 2009, 11:33 pm

Okay, I'm reinstalling it once again, now. Should I make note that when I insert the 3rd disc, it freaks out about some sort of 'tm.exe' file missing or something?
Alaris
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » September 12th, 2009, 7:48 am

Alaris wrote:It freaks out about some sort of 'tm.exe' file missing or something?

Would you mind telling us what freaks out and how, exactly?

Unread postby Alaris » September 12th, 2009, 10:25 pm

Well, it brings up something about 7/8ths through the download, it mentions a TM.EXE file missing, but I can ignore it and finish installing. Norton also sees this, if I click retry, as a Trojan Attack on my computer, and I have to ignore to finish. It's still choppy gameplay.
Alaris
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » September 13th, 2009, 7:45 am

Download? What are you using to install Fate/stay night?

Unread postby Alaris » September 14th, 2009, 2:11 am

I meant 7/8ths through the install. Sorry, the bar makes it look like it's downloading, and I wasn't thinking.

As far as 'freaking out' goes... it comes up with some stuff in japanese, and a bit in english, stating that a file is missing, or something, 'TM.EXE.'

And the moment it does that, Norton notifies me of a Trojan Horse attack. If I click retry, it will again come up with the message, with another warning of an attack on my computer. I think this may be a key to the problem.
Alaris
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby AlinSabel » September 14th, 2009, 8:51 am

Which version of Norton AV are you using?

While the information I base my opinion on is a bit dated, it still remains that Norton AV is... insufficient, so to speak.
Have you considered using a different AV?
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Atriel » September 14th, 2009, 5:39 pm

Why don't you just deactivate it (Norton) while you reinstall?
If you disagree, you are wrong.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Alaris » September 20th, 2009, 10:22 pm

I've turned off Norton for my latest install, and I've come up with an interesting problem. It installs fine... but I do eventually have to turn Norton back on. When I do, it immediately locates "TM.EXE" in the Fate folder, and tells me it's an evil trojan/virus, and wants to quarantine it.
Alaris
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby abscess » September 21st, 2009, 12:10 am

Avast! used to have a similar problem when saying one of Melty Blood's files was a trojan. It's called a false positive (but you probably already knew that). AFAIK, mirror moon can't do much other than sending Symantec an advise that Norton is considering that file as malware when it really isn't, but you also could do that. The same thing was done with Melty Blood.

The problem is that Avast! presented that same problem with a number of computers, but this seems like an isolated case. Which could mean that your computer is the problem.

All I can think of is telling Symantec about it and hope for the best.... or changing your AV. I had AVG and Avast! and never had a problem with FSN.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Return to Fate/stay night Chat