What is the word count in FSN?

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

What is the word count in FSN?

Unread postby Flicker » September 5th, 2009, 7:42 am

First post here, nice to meet all of you.

Anyway, I was wondering, since FSN isn't in book form, I was always curious about how big it would be.

I'm sure that Tsukihime was around 600,000 + words, does anyone know how many words FSN is?

Or at least, a comparison to Tsukihime.

Thank you.
Flicker
Totally hardly posted
 
Posts: 3
Joined: September 5th, 2009, 7:37 am

Re: What is the word count in FSN?

Unread postby Catastrophe » September 5th, 2009, 7:48 pm

over 9000 words
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN
User avatar
Catastrophe
DESU DESU!
 
Posts: 734
Joined: December 18th, 2007, 3:40 am
Location: Trust me.... you DONT wanna know.

Re: What is the word count in FSN?

Unread postby solopy567 » September 5th, 2009, 7:58 pm

Damn it got beaten to it!

Its less than Tsukihime is all I know.
"Sion Eltnam is no more.
All there is left is a dead apostle who has inherited the name of TATARI.
Now.....Let's begin the Bloody Second Act." - Sion TATARI
User avatar
solopy567
DESU DESU!
 
Posts: 516
Joined: November 24th, 2008, 7:41 pm

Re: What is the word count in FSN?

Unread postby Mazyrian » September 5th, 2009, 9:10 pm

LESS than Tsukihime? It took me over 50% more time to finish FSN than Tsukihime; I remember reading about triple word count? And Tsukihime was about 2000 pages.
"I am the spider that set this web.
-Welcome to this wonderful killing chamber."
User avatar
Mazyrian
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 259
Joined: January 4th, 2008, 8:49 pm

Re: What is the word count in FSN?

Unread postby Flicker » September 5th, 2009, 9:31 pm

Yeah, I always got the feeling that Fate stay night probably around double the length of tsukihime. However, that might just be because of the flashy effects and cgs so everything felt longer.
Flicker
Totally hardly posted
 
Posts: 3
Joined: September 5th, 2009, 7:37 am

Re: What is the word count in FSN?

Unread postby Catastrophe » September 6th, 2009, 3:40 am

in all seriousness now, you might have a better chance of actually discovering something by asking takajun, he lurks mostly in the irc channel
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN
User avatar
Catastrophe
DESU DESU!
 
Posts: 734
Joined: December 18th, 2007, 3:40 am
Location: Trust me.... you DONT wanna know.

Re: What is the word count in FSN?

Unread postby Bejarid » September 6th, 2009, 11:28 am

I'll try to make a soft to word count FSN, I'll tell you the result when it's done :)
Bejarid
Posting more than n00bs
 
Posts: 25
Joined: June 18th, 2008, 7:05 am

Re: What is the word count in FSN?

Unread postby Dark_Habit » September 6th, 2009, 2:12 pm

Flicker wrote:Yeah, I always got the feeling that Fate stay night probably around double the length of tsukihime. However, that might just be because of the flashy effects and cgs so everything felt longer.


Fate/Stay Night feels longer.However, my estimate is that the F/SN to Tsukihime word ratio
is 2:3. If you say Tsukihime is 600k +, then F/SN would be 400k +.

EDIT:Okay, F/SN is longer.
Last edited by Dark_Habit on September 6th, 2009, 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is but a River.
A continuous flow,relentless till it reaches its destination.
Rocks,rapids,falls hinder not the flow of the strong.
It has its ups,and its downs.
And in the end,peacefully.......
It dissipates into to vast Ocean.
User avatar
Dark_Habit
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 275
Joined: May 23rd, 2009, 9:51 am
Location: Next to Death

Re: What is the word count in FSN?

Unread postby Bejarid » September 6th, 2009, 3:32 pm

My soft have found that:

In this directory, 721 files have been count successfully.
They have 26633 pages, 90031 lines and 820595 words.


I have count pages without text (like transistion pages), and lines without word (like line with "..."). But all word have at less one letter or number (so it doesn't count "...?" for example).

However, maybe my soft have wrong, if anyone want see the code, I will post it (C#). But I have verified that with Word in some file, and that seems good.

Per arc:
Prologue: 676 pages, 2313 lines and 26246 words.
Fate: 9530 pages, 28056 lines and 299080 words.
UBW: 7221 pages, 22154 lines and 219495 words.
HF: 9206 pages, 37508 lines and 275774 words.

Strangely, I believed that HF is longer than Fate...
Bejarid
Posting more than n00bs
 
Posts: 25
Joined: June 18th, 2008, 7:05 am

Re: What is the word count in FSN?

Unread postby Dark_Habit » September 6th, 2009, 4:25 pm

Bejarid wrote:My soft have found that:

In this directory, 721 files have been count successfully.
They have 26633 pages, 90031 lines and 820595 words.


I have count pages without text (like transition pages), and lines without word (like line with "..."). But all word have at less one letter or number (so it doesn't count "...?" for example).

However, maybe my soft have wrong, if anyone want see the code, I will post it (C#). But I have verified that with Word in some file, and that seems good.

Per arc:
Prologue: 676 pages, 2313 lines and 26246 words.
Fate: 9530 pages, 28056 lines and 299080 words.
UBW: 7221 pages, 22154 lines and 219495 words.
HF: 9206 pages, 37508 lines and 275774 words.


Woah, my estimate was half-off![unless yours is incorrect]
Well you did say that unnecessary pages were counted so it would round up to
550-650k, I think.

Bejarid wrote:Strangely, I believed that HF is longer than Fate...

Me too........
Life is but a River.
A continuous flow,relentless till it reaches its destination.
Rocks,rapids,falls hinder not the flow of the strong.
It has its ups,and its downs.
And in the end,peacefully.......
It dissipates into to vast Ocean.
User avatar
Dark_Habit
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 275
Joined: May 23rd, 2009, 9:51 am
Location: Next to Death

Re: What is the word count in FSN?

Unread postby Bejarid » September 6th, 2009, 7:39 pm

No unnecessary words have been counted (only some pages that dont have any line, and some lines that don't have any word), and even, 820k are under the reality, because I don't count the choices.
Bejarid
Posting more than n00bs
 
Posts: 25
Joined: June 18th, 2008, 7:05 am

Re: What is the word count in FSN?

Unread postby Dark_Habit » September 6th, 2009, 7:46 pm

Ahh, you didn't take the choices into account.
Then there's no point in me estimating, the possible range if difficult to predict.
Life is but a River.
A continuous flow,relentless till it reaches its destination.
Rocks,rapids,falls hinder not the flow of the strong.
It has its ups,and its downs.
And in the end,peacefully.......
It dissipates into to vast Ocean.
User avatar
Dark_Habit
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 275
Joined: May 23rd, 2009, 9:51 am
Location: Next to Death

Re: What is the word count in FSN?

Unread postby Flicker » September 7th, 2009, 5:55 am

alright, thanks for answering guys.

This was really just to satisfy my curiosity on the length of the game, but thanks anyway :p.
Flicker
Totally hardly posted
 
Posts: 3
Joined: September 5th, 2009, 7:37 am

Re: What is the word count in FSN?

Unread postby Ecchi-ru » September 7th, 2009, 1:01 pm

Bejarid wrote:My soft have found that:

In this directory, 721 files have been count successfully.
They have 26633 pages, 90031 lines and 820595 words.


I have count pages without text (like transistion pages), and lines without word (like line with "..."). But all word have at less one letter or number (so it doesn't count "...?" for example).

However, maybe my soft have wrong, if anyone want see the code, I will post it (C#). But I have verified that with Word in some file, and that seems good.

Per arc:
Prologue: 676 pages, 2313 lines and 26246 words.
Fate: 9530 pages, 28056 lines and 299080 words.
UBW: 7221 pages, 22154 lines and 219495 words.
HF: 9206 pages, 37508 lines and 275774 words.

Strangely, I believed that HF is longer than Fate...


Fate is the longest?

After finishing HF today I thought HF had to be the longest.

Turns out (if you're right) I'm wrong.

Oh well, UBW will always be my favorite even though its considerably shorter :(
User avatar
Ecchi-ru
Totally hardly posted
 
Posts: 4
Joined: September 7th, 2009, 12:47 pm

Re: What is the word count in FSN?

Unread postby Bejarid » September 7th, 2009, 4:31 pm

Fate is the longest?

After finishing HF today I thought HF had to be the longest.


I also had this impression, but I think it's because HF deal with a more difficult subject, and is more dense.
Bejarid
Posting more than n00bs
 
Posts: 25
Joined: June 18th, 2008, 7:05 am

Re: What is the word count in FSN?

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » September 7th, 2009, 6:26 pm

Well if you're not including the many Bad Ends you can get in any of the routes it seems rather beliveable, but you got to add into the fact that HF has a Simple End, and Good End (expands on the Simple End somewhat), and the True End.I kind of wonder what the word cout is when you include the Bad Ends and the Tiger Dojos in those respective storylines as well.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
User avatar
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx
 
Posts: 1833
Joined: August 31st, 2008, 8:08 pm
Location: Inside the Depletion Garden

Re: What is the word count in FSN?

Unread postby Dark_Habit » September 7th, 2009, 6:48 pm

Kid-Wolf wrote:Well if you're not including the many Bad Ends you can get in any of the routes it seems rather beliveable, but you got to add into the fact that HF has a Simple End, and Good End (expands on the Simple End somewhat), and the True End.I kind of wonder what the word cout is when you include the Bad Ends and the Tiger Dojos in those respective storylines as well.


No more than 7 figures.
Life is but a River.
A continuous flow,relentless till it reaches its destination.
Rocks,rapids,falls hinder not the flow of the strong.
It has its ups,and its downs.
And in the end,peacefully.......
It dissipates into to vast Ocean.
User avatar
Dark_Habit
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 275
Joined: May 23rd, 2009, 9:51 am
Location: Next to Death

Re: What is the word count in FSN?

Unread postby Bejarid » September 10th, 2009, 8:27 pm

My soft have count all end (bad, true, good) and tiger dojo in their relative route, and even the last tiger dojo (the one you unlock with all tiger stamps) is in HF count. But not the large number of animations of course...

For the minitheater, I don't know where they are stored, so I can't be sur they are count.
Bejarid
Posting more than n00bs
 
Posts: 25
Joined: June 18th, 2008, 7:05 am


Return to Fate/stay night Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests