Fate/Stay Night Movie [Spoilers]

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Fate/Stay Night Movie [Spoilers]

Unread postby b0mb3r » July 31st, 2009, 5:37 pm

http://www.fatestaynight.jp/index.html

so basically there is gonna be a theatrical movie release of our favorite visual novel. i hope they follow the UBW route
b0mb3r
Totally hardly posted

Re: Fate/Stay Night Movie

Unread postby Uberoy » July 31st, 2009, 6:38 pm

All I see is Fate/Stay Night coming soon, some moonrunes, and a black-and-white thing for mobiles in the corner. Where does it say anything about a movie? I guess the answer is in the runes. Can someone confirm?
But I shall forgive you. Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained.
Uberoy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby abscess » July 31st, 2009, 7:05 pm

Uberoy wrote:All I see is Fate/Stay Night coming soon, some moonrunes, and a black-and-white thing for mobiles in the corner. Where does it say anything about a movie? I guess the answer is in the runes. Can someone confirm?

Same here :/
If it indeed is announcing a movie adaptation, they better do an HF adaptation! Fate got the anime, UBW the manga (it seems), it's only fair to give HF a movie, am I right?
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Uberoy » July 31st, 2009, 7:46 pm

What's wrong with a new route? But if I have to choose an already existing route I would pick HF. Not sure if the movie would give the same impression if they did though... But as you said, HF deserves something own aswell.
But I shall forgive you. Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained.
Uberoy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Dark_Habit » July 31st, 2009, 7:52 pm

Yeah well HF overall has a storyline which would adapt very well into the movie, but the UBW has got that and amazin' action also.Kinda hard to give a preference....
Life is but a River.
A continuous flow,relentless till it reaches its destination.
Rocks,rapids,falls hinder not the flow of the strong.
It has its ups,and its downs.
And in the end,peacefully.......
It dissipates into to vast Ocean.
Dark_Habit
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Oolinthu » July 31st, 2009, 7:58 pm

Dark_Habit wrote:Yeah well HF overall has a storyline which would adapt very well into the movie, but the UBW has got that and amazin' action also.Kinda hard to give a preference....

Actually, UBW would probably be the best suited for a movie adaptation, given the numerous action sequences. Fate doesn't have enough action and is too pansified. Heavens Feel, on the other hand, has rape and torture as central plot elements, which would definitely be problematic if one intends to release the movie in theaters. Not that I wouldn't like to see an HF movie.

Edit: looking at the page, it just looks like they're making a version of Fate/Stay Night you can play on your phone, not a movie.
Oolinthu
Addict

Unread postby Soulshade » July 31st, 2009, 8:46 pm

Oolinthu wrote:Actually, UBW would probably be the best suited for a movie adaptation, given the numerous action sequences. Fate doesn't have enough action and is too pansified. Heavens Feel, on the other hand, has rape and torture as central plot elements, which would definitely be problematic if one intends to release the movie in theaters. Not that I wouldn't like to see an HF movie.

whats wrong with rape and torture? There are numerous movies containing scenes such as that, eg: Saw, KnK etc. I just think it will be rated R18 after all the game that started the whole franchise was R18.
Soulshade
Addict

Unread postby ayami123 » July 31st, 2009, 9:20 pm

so fate stay night will have a movie i think they will just summaries the story . they can't make the movie the same as in the visual novel
Those who blame things on others, please blame yourself.
I have no reason to live the only thing that make me alive are the people that I think I treasured.
Those who Hesitate are lost.
ayami123
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Keeper of Gil's Vault » August 1st, 2009, 3:09 am

Oolinthu wrote:
Dark_Habit wrote:Yeah well HF overall has a storyline which would adapt very well into the movie, but the UBW has got that and amazin' action also.Kinda hard to give a preference....

Actually, UBW would probably be the best suited for a movie adaptation, given the numerous action sequences. Fate doesn't have enough action and is too pansified. Heavens Feel, on the other hand, has rape and torture as central plot elements, which would definitely be problematic if one intends to release the movie in theaters. Not that I wouldn't like to see an HF movie.

I agree, UBW is probably the most suited for a movie, because it will yield some of the best action sequences. Fate route has already been milked to the last drop by the anime, making a movie of it will most definitely flop. Heaven's feel route... it is kind of a wild card. If done right, it could be the most profound route among the three, but they will probably rush it and mess it up.
Are we Beast's Lair Lite? Are we?!
Keeper of Gil's Vault
DESU DESU!

Unread postby iclim4 » August 1st, 2009, 4:27 am

iclim4
Crack Addic!

Location: My Mommy told me not to give out personal information in the internet.

Unread postby shirou12 » August 1st, 2009, 10:16 am

there is a ubw manga!?
shirou12
Crack Addic!

Unread postby SolarAdept » August 1st, 2009, 12:03 pm

Yes. Check OM if you want.
Fate/World Providence - A site dedicated to it's Grail War RP.
SolarAdept
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Oolinthu » August 1st, 2009, 12:48 pm

Soulshade wrote:
Oolinthu wrote:Actually, UBW would probably be the best suited for a movie adaptation, given the numerous action sequences. Fate doesn't have enough action and is too pansified. Heavens Feel, on the other hand, has rape and torture as central plot elements, which would definitely be problematic if one intends to release the movie in theaters. Not that I wouldn't like to see an HF movie.

whats wrong with rape and torture? There are numerous movies containing scenes such as that, eg: Saw, KnK etc. I just think it will be rated R18 after all the game that started the whole franchise was R18.

The problem is that rape and torture would make the movie unpalatable to a very large portion of the movie's potential audience. KnK was an entirely new production that was probably never meant to reach far beyond TYPE-MOON's existing fan base. On the other hand, we know for a fact the Fate/Stay NIght anime has expanded Type-Moon's fan base, drastically. The movie could do the same, and the best arc for that purpose is probably the one with the best action sequences that doesn't have rape and torture essential to the plot.

Think Marvel and DC. As I understand it, the comics industry was flagging before the X-men, Spiderman, Hulk, and Iron Man movies came out.
Oolinthu
Addict

Unread postby SolarAdept » August 1st, 2009, 2:48 pm

Basically, they want to stick to the mainstream to attract more people. Blargh.
Fate/World Providence - A site dedicated to it's Grail War RP.
SolarAdept
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Oolinthu » August 1st, 2009, 3:17 pm

That's what movies are about, by and large. They cost a shitload to make, so oftentimes the people that make them aren't willing to take big creative risks, and would rather stick to a formula that's more likely to recoup the enormous costs involved. That doesn't mean it's going to be bad - but there's a reason Tsukihime was a low-budget visual novel. You can afford to be avant-garde and experimental with those. TYPE-MOON's a business just like everyone else.
Oolinthu
Addict

Unread postby Thanatos » August 1st, 2009, 6:55 pm

for me its looking like a cell phone game...

but if they really gonna make fate movie, then i hope they wont make black haired saber like it was with misa in death note movie, and i hope they will make good costumes, not like those crappy looking cosplay costumes...

which route doesent matter to me, but fate route with last episode included would be nice^^
Thanatos
Addict

Unread postby Uberoy » August 1st, 2009, 6:57 pm

[quote="Thanatos"]but if they really gonna make fate movie, then i hope they wont make black haired saber like it was with misa in death note movie, and i hope they will make good costumes, not like those crappy looking cosplay costumes...quote]
So, you think they'll be using actors? I think it will be animated, animé style.
Uberoy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby smartazjb0y » August 1st, 2009, 8:05 pm

I thought the announcement stated that it would be animated. If it is, they probably won't do Fate, since it might just be recycling clips from the anime.
smartazjb0y
Might just like this board

Unread postby TheRedArcher » August 2nd, 2009, 1:08 am

well, based in the site, I don't think the movie will be on Fate since the background is the UBW RM. It would be strange to put a picture of that when the movie will be based on the Fate arc, which does not mention UBW at all.

However, if the movie is trying to reach a larger audience, I think it would be better to go with Fate. Fate might not be the most attractive route but I believe that it is the most solid in the sense it can stand up by itself pretty well. I say this because there is a reason that Type-Moon makes you play FSN Fate first then the other two. Fate sets up the pins for UBW, which sets up the pins for HF. Although, I would like to see the UBW route adapted into a movie. I would really like to see the kickass scene
where Archer fights Lancer the second time.
"Well, nobody's perfect" and "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."
TheRedArcher
Addict

Unread postby Keeper of Gil's Vault » August 2nd, 2009, 2:34 am

TheRedArcher wrote:well, based in the site, I don't think the movie will be on Fate since the background is the UBW RM. It would be strange to put a picture of that when the movie will be based on the Fate arc, which does not mention UBW at all.

It is called bait-and-switch... Remember the second opening sequence of the anime?
Are we Beast's Lair Lite? Are we?!
Keeper of Gil's Vault
DESU DESU!

Next

Return to Fate/stay night Chat