Fate/Stay Night Movie [Spoilers]

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Re: Fate/Stay Night Movie [Spoilers]

Unread postby antidestruct » January 25th, 2010, 9:08 pm

How does it happen? I have a hard time seeing them doing the whole thing (slashing her eyes, stabbing her chest, then ripping out her heart with his hands).
antidestruct
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Nintendo Maniac 64 » January 25th, 2010, 10:16 pm

Lemme guess, that scene could have single-handedly given the movie its PG12 rating?

EDIT: Turns out that for the Eirin ratings, PG12 isn't quite the equivalent of PG-13, but a combination of both PG and PG-13 (it goes straight from G to PG12). That's got to lead to some interesting results... (giving Pokemon and Lord of the Rings the same rating? O_o)
Nintendo Maniac 64
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Rein » January 25th, 2010, 11:00 pm

antidestruct wrote:How does it happen? I have a hard time seeing them doing the whole thing (slashing her eyes, stabbing her chest, then ripping out her heart with his hands).

I don't remember slashing her eyes? Then again, its been way too long since I've gone through the VN :cry:
But yea, he kills Berserker and she is kneeling on the ground crying. He goes up to her and gently pushes the hair out of her face with his right hand. An instant later he's stabbed his hand into her chest and she has this horrible look of pain on her face. He smirks and then rips her heart out, with blood spraying everywhere. Then, over the entire next scene it occasionally cuts back to her bloody body with a big hole in the chest for a couple seconds at a time.
Existence is futile
Rein
Addict

Unread postby antidestruct » January 26th, 2010, 3:45 am

Rein wrote:
antidestruct wrote:How does it happen? I have a hard time seeing them doing the whole thing (slashing her eyes, stabbing her chest, then ripping out her heart with his hands).

I don't remember slashing her eyes? Then again, its been way too long since I've gone through the VN :cry:
But yea, he kills Berserker and she is kneeling on the ground crying. He goes up to her and gently pushes the hair out of her face with his right hand. An instant later he's stabbed his hand into her chest and she has this horrible look of pain on her face. He smirks and then rips her heart out, with blood spraying everywhere. Then, over the entire next scene it occasionally cuts back to her bloody body with a big hole in the chest for a couple seconds at a time.

Less brutal in terms of Gilgamesh's actions, but it sounds like a great scene.

Oh, I also need to know, what was up with Archer and Emiya fighting inside UBW in the trailer. In the VN, UBW is only used twice. Once by Archer when he kidnaps Rin and kinda fights Saber and once by Emiya when fighting Gilgamesh. Archer and Emiya never fight in it. How many times is it used in the movie and when do they fight in it?
antidestruct
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Rein » January 26th, 2010, 9:40 am

antidestruct wrote:
Rein wrote:

Less brutal in terms of Gilgamesh's actions, but it sounds like a great scene.

Oh, I also need to know, what was up with Archer and Emiya fighting inside UBW in the trailer. In the VN, UBW is only used twice. Once by Archer when he kidnaps Rin and kinda fights Saber and once by Emiya when fighting Gilgamesh. Archer and Emiya never fight in it. How many times is it used in the movie and when do they fight in it?

Lets see, I think the only time its used other than the two you mentioned is when Shirou and Archer are fighting. I think the fight started there and the initial purpose was to keep Saber from interfering. I think it was also used to help Archer explain how much of a mistake his life was, since they leave UBW right after Shirou reaches his lowest point in the fight (questioning himself after having the full vision of his future). Also, I think Saber didn't join in after that since she had this sort of, "wow... this is f'ed up" surprised look on her face. But yea, it didnt really seem out of place and who knows, the dialogue may make the whole thing make sense.
Existence is futile
Rein
Addict

Unread postby DrunkenSnake » January 26th, 2010, 9:33 pm

And what about Lancer's epic death scene? Lancer was my fav character in UBW route.

btw first post, Hello everyone.
DrunkenSnake
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby antidestruct » January 26th, 2010, 10:54 pm

Yeah, how was the Lancer/Kotomine scene?
antidestruct
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Rein » January 27th, 2010, 1:35 am

That one was almost word for word true to the original, and was definitely presented very nicely. Poor Rin gets so much blood coughed up on her (and yet somehow not even a single drop touches her...)
Existence is futile
Rein
Addict

Unread postby Sindra » January 27th, 2010, 4:05 am

So I was wondering.. I don't want to sound impatient or anything.. but can anyone give me a certain at least time frame when us non japanese speakers could possibly see it? I want to see it so baddddddddddddddddddd... is there any chance it could get subbed and released anytime soon? T_T..
Sindra
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby antidestruct » January 27th, 2010, 4:41 am

Sindra wrote:So I was wondering.. I don't want to sound impatient or anything.. but can anyone give me a certain at least time frame when us non japanese speakers could possibly see it? I want to see it so baddddddddddddddddddd... is there any chance it could get subbed and released anytime soon? T_T..

DVDs for anime movies normally get released about 5-6 months after their release in theaters. There will most likely be a subbed version released on the internet after that. As for a release dubbed or subbed officially in non-Japanese countries, there is a decent chance it won't even happen. But if it does, expect it in about a year or so.
antidestruct
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Nintendo Maniac 64 » January 27th, 2010, 4:49 am

Just a reminder to people before you do any "yar har fiddle de-dee"...

Japanese DVDs use the same region code as Europe (except Russia, Ukraine, and Belarus) and Japanese Blu-rays use the same region code as North & South America. Therefore you should be able to import without any issues. (ya know, other than the lack of a fansub)

Note however that Blu-ray's region encoding is completely optional, and therefore may not even be present. And of course some software-based media players ignore DVD region codes completely (like VLC).
Last edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 on January 27th, 2010, 5:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nintendo Maniac 64
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Rein » January 27th, 2010, 5:16 am

antidestruct wrote:
Sindra wrote:So I was wondering.. I don't want to sound impatient or anything.. but can anyone give me a certain at least time frame when us non japanese speakers could possibly see it? I want to see it so baddddddddddddddddddd... is there any chance it could get subbed and released anytime soon? T_T..

DVDs for anime movies normally get released about 5-6 months after their release in theaters. There will most likely be a subbed version released on the internet after that. As for a release dubbed or subbed officially in non-Japanese countries, there is a decent chance it won't even happen. But if it does, expect it in about a year or so.

I would say that given the popularity of FSN in the US it will probably see a release here on DVD, though, that will be at least a year from now since it will require subbing, dubbing, disc menus, extra features, etc.

Also I doubt anyone bootlegged it since they're really cracking down on that here and I know I certainly wouldn't want to face the consequences. But yea, 5-6 months and it should be fansubbed. Then when it comes out here you can buy the DVD/Bluray. Or if you want you can import it in 6 months or so.
Existence is futile
Rein
Addict

Unread postby antidestruct » January 27th, 2010, 5:31 am

Rein wrote:
antidestruct wrote:

I would say that given the popularity of FSN in the US it will probably see a release here on DVD, though, that will be at least a year from now since it will require subbing, dubbing, disc menus, extra features, etc.

Also I doubt anyone bootlegged it since they're really cracking down on that here and I know I certainly wouldn't want to face the consequences. But yea, 5-6 months and it should be fansubbed. Then when it comes out here you can buy the DVD/Bluray. Or if you want you can import it in 6 months or so.

I would agree, except the company that licensed and dubbed the F/SN anime is no more, and they may not want to go through the process of giving the movie to someone else. I would say if they DO bring it over here, there is a chance it will at least be sub-only. But you never know. I have a feeling it will also come over here, but it may be some time.
antidestruct
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Nintendo Maniac 64 » January 27th, 2010, 5:40 am

For some time? Hey, by then I'll finally have a Blu-ray player and an HDTV in my living room! XD (CRT TV won't die, and OLEDs aren't being developed quick enough... STOP MILKING LCDs SO FRICKING MUCH I WANT BETTER CONTRAST</rant>)

If the original company isn't around anymore, that could also mean it may be hard to get the same voice actors as the anime. While obviously nobody (or at least very few) here would actually watch the dub, I actually hope to maybe get some of my family to watch this with me (mainly my father and sister, my mother's not much of an action person, but hey she watch a Jackie Chan movie with us once :P). Sure they haven't seen the anime, but I have (both dubbed and subbed), and it'll annoy me like crazy if the voices aren't the same.
Nintendo Maniac 64
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Thanatos » January 27th, 2010, 3:40 pm

thats the Illya scene? http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/9404 ... 493208.jpg
source: Beast's Lair
Thanatos
Addict

Unread postby Rein » January 27th, 2010, 5:21 pm

Thanatos wrote:thats the Illya scene? http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/9404 ... 493208.jpg
source: Beast's Lair

Yea, they cut back to that shot several times from multiple angles over the course of the post-Illya confrontation.
Existence is futile
Rein
Addict

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » February 2nd, 2010, 5:06 am

Hey Rein, which ending did they use again?

You only need to mention the title, we'll know which is which.
!すでのな
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Unread postby smartazjb0y » February 2nd, 2010, 5:31 am

^ I'm pretty sure it's True End.

Also, is "Do you have enough weapons in stock?" in UBW? I played the VN a few months ago, so I can't remember what route it was in.
smartazjb0y
Might just like this board

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » February 2nd, 2010, 5:48 am

smartazjb0y wrote:^ I'm pretty sure it's True End.

Also, is "Do you have enough weapons in stock?" in UBW? I played the VN a few months ago, so I can't remember what route it was in.

Yes, the line is in UBW route.
!すでのな
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Unread postby Rein » February 13th, 2010, 1:32 pm

nanaya_shinya wrote:
smartazjb0y wrote:^ I'm pretty sure it's True End.

Yes, the line is in UBW route.

oops, sorry, I kind of got eaten by Akihabara/school/my DSi for a while and forgot to check back >.<

Yes, it was the True End, though there was no mention of their post-ending plans that I could tell.
As for that quote, it very well could have been said. I have no idea, since I've been studying Japanese for 3 years now and still only know a little of the moon-speak. There was the usual amount of briefly talking at each other during the fight though, so it was probably said.
Existence is futile
Rein
Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Fate/stay night Chat