Fate/Stay Night Movie [Spoilers]

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Re: Fate/Stay Night Movie

Unread postby LockeArtema » January 23rd, 2010, 12:32 pm

Dolphins? Dragons? I played the whole route and i dont remenber any dragon or dolphins in that scene.

Did i miss something?

How long its the fight between Archer and Shirou?

Thanks ;)

PD: My first language its Spanish (im from spain), sorry for my bad english XD
LockeArtema
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Thanatos » January 23rd, 2010, 1:16 pm

This scenes are in Fate/stay night Realta Nua(PS2) as a replacement for H.scenes, and/or the dragon scene is in the anime^^

EDIT: here is a pic from realta nua http://yfrog.com/eo263gzj
well not really a dolphin rather some kind of fish, dunno if its same in the movie^^
Thanatos
Addict

Unread postby LockeArtema » January 23rd, 2010, 1:30 pm

But, what its the Dragon? a statue? a paper? a thing that dies when its killed? someone can do me a little summary of that scene? I dont get it at all XD.

And Thanks, Thanatos XD
LockeArtema
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Thanatos » January 23rd, 2010, 1:38 pm

Here watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoQwUuO- ... re=related this dragon from Fate route :X
Thanatos
Addict

Unread postby LockeArtema » January 23rd, 2010, 1:52 pm

Now i think i get it, its like you know they are ******* but the image and everything go to other place to not show the scene.

And now i remember the dragon... was very strange and rare to my liking.

Dont tell me... Shirou "travel" to the inner world of Rin and are dolphins everywere... thats just messed and stupid if thats the case XD (and funny, i laugh my ass off if I see that and know what they're doing XD).

Someone know how long its the fight between Archer and Shirou?

Sorry for my insistence and thanks ;).

PD: Because i cant see the movie, im just spamming questions, sorry XD.

PD2: Thanks again Thanatos.
LockeArtema
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Raven » January 23rd, 2010, 4:13 pm

LockeArtema wrote:

Dont tell me... Shirou "travel" to the inner world of Rin and are dolphins everywere... thats just messed and stupid if thats the case XD (and funny, i laugh my ass off if I see that and know what they're doing XD).

Ar Tonelico reyvateil dive and mind guardian anyone?
Raven
Crack Desu!

Unread postby LockeArtema » January 23rd, 2010, 4:53 pm

Raven wrote:
LockeArtema wrote:

Ar Tonelico reyvateil dive and mind guardian anyone?

Jajaja, its True!!!

What a fucked up inner world she have if thats the case XD, 100 times worse than Aurica or Misha.
LockeArtema
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby antidestruct » January 23rd, 2010, 7:54 pm

What about Gilgamesh? I need to know more about Gilgamesh. Was Gates of Babylon still drawn as a bunch of orange lines or is it done right? Are his lines as epic as they are in the VN? How cool is his fight with Berserker? How about the last scene? Is Shirou as epic as he should be against Gilgamesh? It needs to be perfect if I am going to excuse them messing up Archer vs Shirou. Of course, I can never forgive them for the anime. But, still... I'd love to see the best parts of this movie done right.
antidestruct
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Rein » January 24th, 2010, 12:08 am

Raven wrote:Ar Tonelico reyvateil dive and mind guardian anyone?

YES
Which reminds me, January is made of awesome. Just 4 more days till AT3! :D

As for Gilgamesh, he was pretty freakin' sweet. I don't quite remember what you mean with the "orange lines," but GoB looked pretty darn sweet as well. The fight between Gil and Berserker was, as I mentioned before, a bit of a let down. Berserker just kind of got owned. I mean, he took about 5,000 swords before going down, but just as in the VN he never actually made it to Gil. I would have liked for him to have struggled more like in the VN, for example still approaching Gil even after he used the Chains of Heaven (I think thats what its called?) on Berserker. The first fight with Berserker in the graveyard almost made up for it though, b/c damn that was awesome. Also, the Shirou vs. Gil fight was very very epic. I mean, totally and completely awesome. Throughout the movie they used several of the same shots as from the VN, and the ones from this fight were just done beautifully. Oh, now I remember one more thing that was a bit of a letdown: Rho Aias. That fight was awesome, but you really couldn't tell how awesome that specific part was without the details (unstoppable force vs. immovable object ftw). The shield itself didn't have that much detail since it just seemed like this big red-ish force field.

Overall, I thought the movie was extremely awesome. Also keep in mind that I could not understand a word of what they were saying the whole time lol, so there could be parts that are better than they seemed with the help of dialogue. Especially Archer vs. Shirou, since they were talking quite a bit. I still wish Shirou had been almost dead more during that fight though...
Existence is futile
Rein
Addict

Unread postby antidestruct » January 24th, 2010, 1:31 am

I meant, in the anime series, once Gilgamesh fired Gates of Babylon, they didn't even look like weapons. They looked like orange laser beams that hit the other person and vanished. Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrEXpo8-aXU

I think that looks pretty, well... retarded. I like the way it looks in Fate/unlimited codes much better, as that is how I always pictured it when used in the VN. You can see the swords and weapons as they are sent flying, they just have a trail of red aura or whatnot behind them. If they do GoB better in the movie, that proves to me that they know they did at least some things wrong in the series, and it makes me a little less nervous about this movie.
antidestruct
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Rein » January 24th, 2010, 2:32 am

Ok yea, I remember that now. I agree, that looks terrible. Fortunately, the movie was DEFINITELY NOT like that. Lets just say that by the end of some of those fights there were more swords sticking out of the ground and out of people than there were inside of UBW. For example, to call Berserker a pincushion by the time he fell would be an understatement. Now, from what I remember the swords did at least somewhat become beams of light as they flew, though I think they retained some of their shape as they were flying. They DEFINITELY completely retained their shape on impact though.
Existence is futile
Rein
Addict

Unread postby antidestruct » January 24th, 2010, 2:56 am

So it's better than the anime series but not as good as the VN? That's where my expectations were, so as long as it looks better than the anime I can live it.
antidestruct
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Rein » January 24th, 2010, 3:20 am

Definitely way better than the anime. I don't really remember how it looked in the VN. If I have time today I'll go back and check it out. I definitely approve of how it looked in the movie though.
Existence is futile
Rein
Addict

Unread postby antidestruct » January 24th, 2010, 3:24 am

Kinda like how the fighting game did it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COCRRYWPZHc

But, it sounds cooler in the VN and the game still makes them not stay like they should. But you are supposed to see the swords when they are flying is what I mean.
antidestruct
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Rein » January 24th, 2010, 4:06 am

Hmm, yea, I can't really remember if they flew the same as those or more like beams of light. That does remind me that I need to get back into playing Unlimited Codes.
Existence is futile
Rein
Addict

Unread postby antidestruct » January 24th, 2010, 4:16 am

Well, I doubt I'll get to see any footage of it until the DVD comes out, so I guess I'll have to just try and put it out of my mind. I'd even like to see a cam bootleg at this point just to see how it was done, but movies like this would never find their way onto internet until DVD. :(
antidestruct
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Nintendo Maniac 64 » January 24th, 2010, 4:26 am

So, I gotta ask the ultimate question...

Was. it. GAR?
Nintendo Maniac 64
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Rein » January 24th, 2010, 4:33 am

Yea, I don't even know how people who cam movies pull it off. I mean, everyone is so close together that SOMEONE is going to notice.

But yea, there was quite a good amount of GAR.
Existence is futile
Rein
Addict

Unread postby Nintendo Maniac 64 » January 24th, 2010, 4:34 am

Dang it, don't post before I'm done formatting! XD
Nintendo Maniac 64
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Rein » January 24th, 2010, 4:47 am

Nintendo Maniac 64 wrote:Dang it, don't post before I'm done formatting! XD

*looks back up at previous post*