Fate/Stay Night Movie [Spoilers]

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Re: Fate/Stay Night Movie [Spoilers]

Unread postby sushimonster » October 8th, 2010, 7:49 am

Mirri wrote:What'd other people who got the Limited Edition get for their film strips?

I've got the one where
Shirou stabs Archer (at Illya's castle, with Archer hunched down in pain and Shirou still in that thrusting position, with the swords coming out of Archer's back).
My second one, Shirou looking up at Archer at Illya's castle before they start their dual.

Would have preferred something Rin-related but hey, it's good enough.

Just wondering, could anyone here with the limited edition blu-ray confirm what the limited edition comes with?
CDJapan mentions "plus another cover by Megumi Ishihara". I bought mine from CDJapan themselves, which got me thinking...

So mine came with:
- Box (and box cover)
- Blu-ray and its case (inside the case, 2x sheets of paper, one with some ad, the other regarding the blu-ray disc disclaimer)
- 2x extra blu-ray sleeves (artwork)
- The 160-page sketch book
- The colour illustration book
- The bromide and film strips booklet
- UBW Poster (A2 sized, double-sided)
- Some promo postcard which seems to have a deadline of some sort (with something(s) limited to first 500 fans who reply..?)

Am I missing something....? That "other cover by Megumi Ishihara"?

...On another subject. I managed to get my borked blu-ray writer READING discs, so disassembled and reassembled my lappie with that installed, and played the movie. EPIC on my Z~~ Hooked up to a HDTV (1080p) for curiosity's sake and I can reaffirm the fact that the anime quality is TOP NOTCH. Though that's all I managed; the drive was sent back to the States this morning for a proper replacement. I'm curious as to know how the F/sn Reproduction trailers stack up in quality; they're found in the SPECIALS section in the main menu (might consider saving up for those two blu-rays if good).
Image editor for the Fate/hollow ataraxia English Translation Project (mirrormoon is NOT translating)

DJMax Korea Veteran Elite Member (Top 350)
sushimonster
Crack Addic!

Unread postby wyldfire » October 9th, 2010, 3:02 am

thanx a lot for the pics,mirri...they're really awesome...
wyldfire
Addict

Unread postby Mirri » October 9th, 2010, 8:42 pm

Not sure sushimonster, I also ordered my copy from CDJapan (knee-jerk OH NO THEY ONLY HAVE ONE FIRST PRESS AVAILABLE YESTERDAY THEY HAD 10!) and I received the same items you did.

I was sure that I wouldn't get something Rin related until I opened it and squealed :S

I assumed the alternate cover art was the cover art with Rin looking to the right - I thought the standard cover art was like this.

(The reverse side of the poster that came with the Limited Press)
Mirri
Into 17 Pieces

Unread postby sushimonster » October 10th, 2010, 3:34 am

Megumi Ishihara is the character designer for the movie.
I'm assuming that 'other' cover is for the regular version (the cover design you've attached above), and the limited editions are what we have now (by Takashi Takeuchi).
I'll lurk around here and wait to see if any regular blu-ray owners share their experiences.

The movie's homepage didn't shed too much info so... yeah...
Image editor for the Fate/hollow ataraxia English Translation Project (mirrormoon is NOT translating)

DJMax Korea Veteran Elite Member (Top 350)
sushimonster
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Uberoy » October 20th, 2010, 5:39 pm

Mirri wrote:unfortunately, autofocus sucks, so a lot of these pictures are a little blurry... and i'm too lazy to adjust the iso for each individual picture. I'll upload them all to imageshack another time... there's like 40 images or something. for now i'll upload a high res (probably not worth it) and an acceptable res rar to mediafire.

http://www.mediafire.com/?cdzmky6gqq84dnk large (85mb)
http://www.mediafire.com/?px6768432ld6sn4 small (3mb)

I'm sure you guys will be picking the lower one since they're not really high quality pictures to begin with, hah.

edit: rars contain spoilers! (one of the artbooks contains production sketches)

Oh snap, is the cat included? If thats the case I'll order this without hesitation!
But I shall forgive you. Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained.
Uberoy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby DarkEyes » October 27th, 2010, 12:52 am

For me the movie was a disappointment.
It started good and happy, nice art, much better than the anime, lookin good. Suddenly, you notice a scene was changed. Aight no biggie moving on. BAM scene skip. BAM another one. TRIPLE skip. WATAFU? Hey wait, do all bodily liquids of females sparcle??? ANOTHER scene skip? Final battle alrdy?
I suppose it was to be expected as they needed to rush and so on, but they rushed the fuck outta it. Hell, they so coulda spared 10 more mins for awesome scenes like kuzuki vs saber and tohsaka date... Damn it ;<
DarkEyes
Crack Desu!

Unread postby solopy567 » November 8th, 2010, 1:40 pm

DarkEyes wrote:For me the movie was a disappointment.
It started good and happy, nice art, much better than the anime, lookin good. Suddenly, you notice a scene was changed. Aight no biggie moving on. BAM scene skip. BAM another one. TRIPLE skip. WATAFU? Hey wait, do all bodily liquids of females sparcle??? ANOTHER scene skip? Final battle alrdy?
I suppose it was to be expected as they needed to rush and so on, but they rushed the fuck outta it. Hell, they so coulda spared 10 more mins for awesome scenes like kuzuki vs saber and tohsaka date... Damn it ;<

^^This

I was wondering too. They cut out some important scenes like how Saber did not slash Archer in the beginning. I don't mind the prologue too much but that part was important.
"Sion Eltnam is no more.
All there is left is a dead apostle who has inherited the name of TATARI.
Now.....Let's begin the Bloody Second Act." - Sion TATARI
solopy567
DESU DESU!

Previous

Return to Fate/stay night Chat