Fate/Stay Night Movie [Spoilers]

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

smartazjb0y
Might just like this board

Re: Fate/Stay Night Movie

Unread post by smartazjb0y » August 16th, 2009, 5:36 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQQ-OUtR4U0

Does this happen to be the really good trailer for the anime? The one that promised awesomeness and GARness? It looks pretty cool to me.

Dark_Habit
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Dark_Habit » August 16th, 2009, 6:26 pm

WTF??????
There's an UBW scene there which wasn't in the anime!
Is there a F/SN remake or what???
Or is it from the movie???(sez its from the anime, though)
Me confused, big time!
Life is but a River.
A continuous flow,relentless till it reaches its destination.
Rocks,rapids,falls hinder not the flow of the strong.
It has its ups,and its downs.
And in the end,peacefully.......
It dissipates into to vast Ocean.

bioniclearchiver
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by bioniclearchiver » August 16th, 2009, 6:40 pm

This is the curtain raiser, a trailer for the first FSN anime. Nothing to do with the movie.

smartazjb0y
Might just like this board

Unread post by smartazjb0y » August 16th, 2009, 8:39 pm

Some people were talking about how the trailer for the anime made it look awesome, but the anime didn't live up to it. I was just wondering if the link I posted was the "really cool anime trailer."

^And joo likez bionicle?

bioniclearchiver
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by bioniclearchiver » August 17th, 2009, 10:47 am

Well, yeah, I guess you can say it's a cool trailer, but it's just my opinion. I don't know if they were speaking about it...
And yeah, I like Bionicle and all its story, why?

DarkEyes
Crack Desu!

Unread post by DarkEyes » August 17th, 2009, 11:09 pm

awesome trailer, rly lookin forward to the movie =]
something im rly pleased about is the art, i had a huge beef with the anime art of f/sn, so this is good ^_^

Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread post by Kid-Wolf » August 21st, 2009, 7:33 pm

Well prepare to be let down guys. It seems that in the Type-Moon Ace magazine they mentioned that the UBW movie is only going to be 90 minutes long. If that's the case I see this being split up into a few parts for the enitre storyline to play out though.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.

Dark_Habit
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Dark_Habit » August 21st, 2009, 8:48 pm

Kid-Wolf wrote:Well prepare to be let down guys. It seems that in the Type-Moon Ace magazine they mentioned that the UBW movie is only going to be 90 minutes long. If that's the case I see this being split up into a few parts for the enitre storyline to play out though.
This turned out to be precisely what I said earlier,though my time estimate was off.The UBW route
was extremely expansive;I wonder how many important scenes they''ll abandon.
Life is but a River.

abscess

Unread post by abscess » August 21st, 2009, 9:04 pm

I smell shit a burnun'....
It can have shitload of awesome and all that, but if it has paper-thin plot development..... They'd be better not doing anything.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.

Keeper of Gil's Vault
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Keeper of Gil's Vault » August 21st, 2009, 9:20 pm

If it is plot, I don't see the problem, because the core of the route is building up to the revelation of the Shirou/Archer relationship. Everything else is just accessory, and can be condensed or removed if required. My main concern is how they will address the background information issue. If they let Kotomine recite the rules in his slow dramatic tone, or let Rin and Sabre explain concepts whenever they pop up like they did in the anime, then this is gonna turn out real ugly. I hope DEEN takes the KnK approach this time around... "it's magic and sorcery, refer to the novel and side materials for more details".
Are we Beast's Lair Lite? Are we?!

Dark_Habit
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Dark_Habit » August 22nd, 2009, 6:02 am

Keeper of Gil's Vault wrote:If it is plot, I don't see the problem, because the core of the route is building up to the revelation of the Shirou/Archer relationship. Everything else is just accessory, and can be condensed or removed if required. My main concern is how they will address the background information issue. If they let Kotomine recite the rules in his slow dramatic tone, or let Rin and Sabre explain concepts whenever they pop up like they did in the anime, then this is gonna turn out real ugly. I hope DEEN takes the KnK approach this time around... "it's magic and sorcery, refer to the novel and side materials for more details".
Meh...........if they do that the people who have no clue about what's goin' on will get totally confused.
Also,though everything else is an accessory like you said, but they build the base for the storyline.
They would probably have to take/make a completely different storyline to squeeze everything in.
And if not directed properly(which is a high probablity),everthing will look like it is rushed.
It won't make much of a difference to us,who know the story from the VN,as most of us are gonna see
it for the action.But this movie has to appeal to the masses,else there won't be any motivation for
future projects.
Life is but a River.

Uberoy
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Uberoy » August 22nd, 2009, 3:15 pm

Dark_Habit wrote:...everthing will look like it is rushed...
It's UBW in 1 and a half hour. It cant be anything but rushed. This will probably be a let down but I still have my hopes up for this movie.
But I shall forgive you. Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained.

Dark_Habit
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Dark_Habit » August 22nd, 2009, 4:07 pm

Uberoy wrote:
Dark_Habit wrote:...everthing will look like it is rushed...
It's UBW in 1 and a half hour. It cant be anything but rushed. This will probably be a let down but I still have my hopes up for this movie.
Well, storyline aside, I just hope they show the fights to their uttermost GAR potential.
Life is but a River.

JLA
Addict

Unread post by JLA » August 23rd, 2009, 6:25 am

It may work out similar to how they did the Macross movie (Waaaaay back in 1984).
Maybe it will start a few days after the actual beginning of the UBW scenario (4 or 5 days in), hit on the major plot points and battles while assuming that viewers will know what why and how we got to that certain point in time?
Either way, I am just happy to see another Fate related item come about!

Mazyrian
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Mazyrian » August 23rd, 2009, 1:17 pm

At least the first battle between Archer and Lancer seems to be in, according to the trailer
"I am the spider that set this web.
-Welcome to this wonderful killing chamber."

Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Catastrophe » August 26th, 2009, 12:07 am

Dark_Habit wrote: Meh...........if they do that the people who have no clue about what's goin' on will get totally confused.
and what would be the reason for those people to go and see it when its known as the "Fate/Stay Night 2nd Route Adaptation Movie"?

most people who will see it will be people who KNOW whats going on, plus SOME newcomers that will get interested on it afterwards and therefor will buy the game/side materials etc.

90 mins seems just fine
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN

abscess

Unread post by abscess » August 26th, 2009, 3:36 am

I completely disagree. Adaptations such as movies, anime, manga, etc. should be done so they can stand on their own, unless specified otherwise. Else there is little reason behind it as it would cater to fans-only, and that is closing your chances to market your product better, meaning you gain less than what you could have (some others may label it as losses, but really, that's just nonsense). Thinking about business, that is just not a good idea. Thinking about fans, probably they'd understand; but honestly, I'd rather be able to say to my friends "you don't need to read the visual novel to get this*" than having a fan-wank 90 min movie.

* It hurts to admit, but people just don't fuckin read here.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.

JLA
Addict

Unread post by JLA » August 26th, 2009, 4:59 pm

Having worked in the anime industry for many years I'm pretty sure that the UBW movie will most likely be made to have a broader audience than just the fan community. Do keep in mind that the parties making the movie are probably not even concerned with the U.S. or international market when developing the script or storyboards. They know for sure that the fans in Japan know all about FSN / UBW and that a good many number of people who are not hard core fans know about FSN due to the enormous success that the VN had in Japan so they don't have to worry so much about reaching out to an unknowing public like they would have to to in other countries.
That being said, they can definitely make a great 90 minute feature film but there are going to be a lot of details sacrificed in the process. Does anyone remember the series Escaflowne? They made that into a movie too. The movie left out so many facts, details and smaller plot lines that the series had, but it was still pretty good. I watched the movie when the company I worked for was trying to acquire US distribution rights. I hadn't seen the series before but the movie was still thoroughly enjoyable. Macross was another example of a series made into a movie. The movie left out huge chunks of plot and began when the SDF-1 was almost back to Earth. However, the basic story remained intact and even non-fans were impressed by the show.
So I think the UBW movie will focus only on fights and extremely basic plot development with the bare minimum of explanation since it won't delve too deep into all the juicy VN details.
► Show Spoiler
I just wonder which ending we are going to get and if the movie will even get picked up for US release given the state of the industry these days?

I vote for True Ending. :)

-J

*Note that these are just my opinions based on experience in the industry and not based on any hard facts or inside information as I am no longer in the anime industry.

Ferozban
Addict

Unread post by Ferozban » August 27th, 2009, 6:08 am

I don't know if it is allready posted, but there allready is a fsn movie.

http://www2u.biglobe.ne.jp/%7Ebso/main/dust/faith.htm

abscess

Unread post by abscess » August 27th, 2009, 6:22 am

@JLA
That approach is something I've thought they'd do, but I still don't agree with that. It's comprehensible, given the status of FSN in Japan, but I still think that an "Action Action Action!" film just doesn't do justice to the storyline.

@ferozban
Yes, and you should feel bad about yourself for bringing that back..... Nah, I'm just kidding. But yes, it has been mentioned already a number of times.