Fate/Stay Night Movie [Spoilers]

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Keeper of Gil's Vault
DESU DESU!

Re: Fate/Stay Night Movie

Unread post by Keeper of Gil's Vault » August 8th, 2009, 1:59 am

I think Type-Moon made a good financial decision choosing UBW. If the various popularity polls are any indication, the Fate Franchise pretty much rides on the back of Sabre, Archer and Rin. Heaven's Feel shifts the focus to Sakura and explores the more complex antagonists like Kirie and Zoken (rather than the straight forward "be-my-waifu" Goldie and such). First of all, these characters are not extremely popular to the masses. Secondly, much of the story of Heaven's Feel builds on the backgrounds and life experiences of Sakura, Kirie and Zoken. You cannot seriously appreciate the story without thoroughly understanding the motives of each individual and their eventual goals. How does this translate in movie terms? Monologues and flashbacks. Would you watch a Fate movie focused on flash-backs? For hardcore fans, it is perhaps welcomed; but for the masses going into the theatre expecting Servants bashing each other's brain out, it will result in tears and riots.
Are we Beast's Lair Lite? Are we?!

smartazjb0y
Might just like this board

Unread post by smartazjb0y » August 8th, 2009, 5:05 am

Has anything else been revealed besides the UBW route? I'm hoping ufotable does the animations, Kara no Kyoukai was sexy.

UBW was my favorite route, happy to see it in movie form. Also, it'd make the best movie since GARcher seems popular. Lots of action, good stuff. Here's to hoping they don't totally mess up the H scene. Without it, there'd be no comedy =D

Keeper of Gil's Vault
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Keeper of Gil's Vault » August 8th, 2009, 5:38 am

Nope, it is not Ufotable, it will be done by Studio Deen, the folks who did the anime.
Are we Beast's Lair Lite? Are we?!

Oolinthu
Addict

Unread post by Oolinthu » August 8th, 2009, 2:19 pm

That worries me. An Unlimited Blade Works movie is gonna be all about the fight scenes, and the fight scenes in the Fate Anime weren't particularly good (although Saber vs. Kojirou was alright).

Rein
Addict

Unread post by Rein » August 8th, 2009, 3:15 pm

Oolinthu wrote:That worries me. An Unlimited Blade Works movie is gonna be all about the fight scenes, and the fight scenes in the Fate Anime weren't particularly good (although Saber vs. Kojirou was alright).
I thought the last Saber vs. Assassin fight was awesome. Just the fact that the camera didn't move or cut once and the flow of their fight wasn't interrupted at all really made it stand out from the rest of the fight scenes in the show.
Existence is futile

huang justin
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by huang justin » August 9th, 2009, 6:50 am

i'm very excited of the movie already, i can't wait for it to come out. unlimited blade works is a nice choice for movie, but i wonder if they will change the plotline a bit since most of the fans knows the plot already
Last edited by huang justin on August 9th, 2009, 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Oolinthu
Addict

Unread post by Oolinthu » August 9th, 2009, 11:22 am

Someone hasn't been paying attention. The movie's covering the Unlimited Blade Works route.

smartazjb0y

Unread post by smartazjb0y » August 10th, 2009, 12:30 am

Damn, wanted Ufotable. Oh well, hopefully the GAR of it will save it.

Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread post by Kid-Wolf » August 10th, 2009, 2:16 am

smartazjb0y wrote:Damn, wanted Ufotable. Oh well, hopefully the GAR of it will save it.
Well didn't they show GARcher at his best in the TV series? I mean the GARzerker vs. GARcher match was something they never did in the Visual Novel, but should of if you ask me. In any case when you say the GAR may save this, are you talking about GARcher or Lancer?
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.

Oolinthu
Addict

Unread post by Oolinthu » August 10th, 2009, 3:36 am

Kid-Wolf wrote:
smartazjb0y wrote:Damn, wanted Ufotable. Oh well, hopefully the GAR of it will save it.
Well didn't they show GARcher at his best in the TV series? I mean the GARzerker vs. GARcher match was something they never did in the Visual Novel, but should of if you ask me. In any case when you say the GAR may save this, are you talking about GARcher or Lancer?
The TV series did no such thing. The Archer vs. Berserker fight in the anime was awful, for one reason mainly - in it, Berserker doesn't fight anything like he's supposed to. He fights like your stereotypical big, slow, giant ogre or thug. Berserker is fucking fast. He runs at 50 km/hour through a dense forest when he's deaf and blind, and is known to be able to attack at the speed of sound.

A particularly bad part of the fight scene is when Archer is standing on a walkway one level above Berserker. Berserker runs and leaps at him, we see him about ten feet away from Archer rapidly closing the distance in the air... and then he just fucking hangs there, suspended midair, while Archer projects Caladbolg II (which is too short, IMO), turns it into Broken Phantasm energy, nocks it in his bow, aims, and fires, while Berserker's just been floating there for the past six or seven seconds.

Good Lord, they'd better do a better job this time around.

abscess

Unread post by abscess » August 10th, 2009, 4:02 am

I take the 6 second suspended animation of Berserker as somewhat of a "time warp" for the viewer to see what Archer is doing, but in real time it would be much faster. Unlike you, I did like the fight, but not as much as most people around here.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.

smartazjb0y

Unread post by smartazjb0y » August 10th, 2009, 4:28 am

Well, I liked Lancer and the Shiro/Gilgamesh fight. Don't remember since I saw the anime a while ago, but I don't think that was in the anime.

shirou12
Crack Addic!

Unread post by shirou12 » August 10th, 2009, 8:32 am

i think the anime try its best to show the fight, lets just dont expect that what is written on the novel will EXACTLY be portrayed at the anime. after all, doing an anime is A TOUGH JOB, you can try it to make one and be criticized after that :D

Oolinthu
Addict

Unread post by Oolinthu » August 10th, 2009, 1:27 pm

It can't be that hard, provided you have a large enough production team. If it were, we wouldn't have this problem you see with anime series that follow the corresponding manga have to stop and come up with filler arcs to pass the time while the mangaka comes up with new material. The anime is constant threatening to overtake the manga, and apparently it's nothing for these animation studios to churn out an episode every week.
abscess wrote:I take the 6 second suspended animation of Berserker as somewhat of a "time warp" for the viewer to see what Archer is doing, but in real time it would be much faster. Unlike you, I did like the fight, but not as much as most people around here.
I took it as a piss-poor conceptualizing, planning, and animating the fight scene. They could have done something truly amazing with the fight scene, and instead they vomited out something mediocre at best.

abscess

Unread post by abscess » August 10th, 2009, 2:36 pm

Considering the wages japanese animators get, I'm surprised anime is still alive!
I rewatched the fight scene just to remember what I thought about it more clearly. I still think it's good enough to stand on its own two deformed feet. You probably expected way too much of the adaptation. That just makes me worry about what will Studio DEEN make...
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.

Garcher

Unread post by Garcher » August 10th, 2009, 11:16 pm

I liked the Berserker fight, but only Archer's moments. Berz , as said before, is Fast as Hell but oh well, at least we got UBW and that was great.
The guys at Deen may not be the best, but you have to remember that for movies, they have a bigger budget than for an Anime, so I'm not too worried. Of course, it could end up god-awful, but I'll stay optimistic about it and hope for the best.
► Show Spoiler

Kid-Wolf

Unread post by Kid-Wolf » August 10th, 2009, 11:43 pm

Well didn't GARcher mention on how shocked on noticing on how limber Beserker was? In any case pretty much GARcher had the advantage since he had good cover that can cause problems for Beserker on moving as fast he he was stated. Although if you compare that to the first Saber vs. Beserker battle he pretty much shows that he has the speed when in an open area.

In confined spaces going at a fast speed can cause problems and can hurt a bit.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.

smartazjb0y

Unread post by smartazjb0y » August 11th, 2009, 5:09 am

► Show Spoiler
That's exactly the GARness I thought would save this movie.

shirou12
Crack Addic!

Unread post by shirou12 » August 11th, 2009, 11:50 am

we have different opinions, but IMHO, it is better that they potrayed the fight on that sense because the viewers WILL AT LEAST SEE FIGHT IN DETAIL.

JLA
Addict

Unread post by JLA » August 14th, 2009, 4:44 am

Wow! I've been in work hell for a long time and this thread was a great way to return to the site!
I am anxiously awaiting the movie!