Fate/Stay Night Movie [Spoilers]

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

solopy567
DESU DESU!

Re: Fate/Stay Night Movie

Unread post by solopy567 » August 2nd, 2009, 2:44 am

Speculation is normal when it comes to subjects that we have little knowledge on.

We dont know if it animated or not, and we dont know which route it will take. Its possible its like any other anime movie, a recount of the anime with added scenes.

I think that HF should be used since its the only route that did not get an adaptaion. Fate got the anime, UBW got the manga, so HF has to get something.
"Sion Eltnam is no more.
All there is left is a dead apostle who has inherited the name of TATARI.
Now.....Let's begin the Bloody Second Act." - Sion TATARI

abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread post by abscess » August 2nd, 2009, 4:21 am

Hmm.... Wouldn't the kanjis shed some light on the matter? As far as I know (and I'm not sure) that they usually use one kanji to say that it's anime, another for live action and another to just denote a movie adaptation without telling which will it be (much like they did with Yuria 100 shiki). As for marketability, UBW would be a good choice, Fate can be redone with better artwork or just a damn rehash like EVA: Death and Rebirth, and even though it would anger some of the fans, other would be stupidly grateful for that garbage. But yeah, I still think that it should be an HF adaptation, but for that you'd have to make a looooong movie or at least two or three of 'em ala KnK. I mean, it'd fair.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.

Keeper of Gil's Vault
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Keeper of Gil's Vault » August 2nd, 2009, 5:02 am

The Kanji there is the third one you mentioned. It just means "theatrical version/adaptation".
Are we Beast's Lair Lite? Are we?!

Masterori
Might just like this board

Unread post by Masterori » August 2nd, 2009, 7:48 am

I'm guessing the the movie is going to be of Unlimited blade works
► Show Spoiler

ayami123
Posting more than n00bs

Unread post by ayami123 » August 2nd, 2009, 2:10 pm

either way, UBW or HF the movie will still be interesting cause it will make people who did not played the Visual Novel wander? oh what if shirou did that? something like that or did this? I think??

I really can't wait. i want to see the fate stay night movie even if it follows fate route. well that's if they're really going to make cause i really doubt it. :)
Those who blame things on others, please blame yourself.
I have no reason to live the only thing that make me alive are the people that I think I treasured.
Those who Hesitate are lost.

Uberoy
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Uberoy » August 2nd, 2009, 8:10 pm

I just thought of something. Do you think that this movie will, by any chance, be aired outside Japan/Asia?
But I shall forgive you. Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained.

Keeper of Gil's Vault
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Keeper of Gil's Vault » August 2nd, 2009, 8:57 pm

Well, Rebuild of Evangelion is coming to North American theatres this fall. I guess if the Fate movie makes enough of a stir in Japan and the distributors on this side of the Pacific deems it profitable, it will come. However, the Fate franchise and Type-Moon in general is kind of obscure in North America, I mean when comparing to the Evangelion Franchise.

Given the Fate anime is sold as DVD here, should there be a movie, we will at least have the DVD.

Xamdou
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Xamdou » August 3rd, 2009, 12:52 pm

Is there chances of it being Fate/Hollow?
"You sit proudly in this cave , like a Queen of Egypt.
In my service to you , I shall never know rest.
To prove my devotion , I have stolen this ostentatious offering.
But I'll show you things your dark blue eye haven't seen , smiles like a lake in the sun , blossoming like a lotus."

Oolinthu
Addict

Unread post by Oolinthu » August 3rd, 2009, 1:15 pm

Somehow, I doubt it. The sort of recursive, looping narrative you find in Kagetsu Tohya and F/HA would not lend itself well to a movie adaptation at all.

Keeper of Gil's Vault
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Keeper of Gil's Vault » August 3rd, 2009, 2:45 pm

Plus, for people who do not have the background story of Fate/Stay Night, the plot of Hollow Ataraxia will be even more confusing because it blends the Third and Fifth and also pulls characters from all three story lines.

Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread post by Kid-Wolf » August 3rd, 2009, 4:03 pm

Well from what I can guess from what the roumors are circulating are saying abotu this is it's baised off of UBW. So the up side would be they might do Rin's Good End and keep both Saber and Shirou as her familiars. The down side will be Illya will not be around of it, but some might this it's a fair trade... more or less. As for me personally they should do the HF storyline since it pretty much explains everything, and they could do a better job on showing off Dark Sakura and the basis of what the Grail War is all about after all.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.

Uberoy
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Uberoy » August 3rd, 2009, 6:35 pm

Oolinthu wrote:Somehow, I doubt it. The sort of recursive, looping narrative you find in Kagetsu Tohya and F/HA would not lend itself well to a movie adaptation at all.
I'm not sure about the name but havn't you seen the movie about this guy who experience the same day all the time?
But I shall forgive you. Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained.

Mazyrian
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Mazyrian » August 3rd, 2009, 9:54 pm

Groundhog day?
KT ot F/HA could be a series; it would be more interesting that the new Suzumiya Haruhi season.
"I am the spider that set this web.
-Welcome to this wonderful killing chamber."

Rein
Addict

Unread post by Rein » August 4th, 2009, 9:46 am

Groundhog Day was a great movie, but from what I know of HA I just don't think it would translate that well over to a movie.
Existence is futile

Oolinthu
Addict

Unread post by Oolinthu » August 4th, 2009, 10:51 am

Uberoy wrote:
Oolinthu wrote:Somehow, I doubt it. The sort of recursive, looping narrative you find in Kagetsu Tohya and F/HA would not lend itself well to a movie adaptation at all.
I'm not sure about the name but havn't you seen the movie about this guy who experience the same day all the time?
Doesn't ring a bell. However in the case of that movie, chances are the fact that this guy's experiencing the same day over and over is the central element of the plot. It probably isn't set in a fantasy or sci-fi universe with all manner of existing lore, characters, themes, etc independent of the looping narrative. Basically, no one who isn't already a Fate/Stay Night or Tsukihime fan is going to want to watch an F/HA or KT movie.

Uberoy
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Uberoy » August 4th, 2009, 2:13 pm

Rein wrote:Groundhog Day
Yeah, that's the one.
Oolinthu wrote:Basically, no one who isn't already a Fate/Stay Night or Tsukihime fan is going to want to watch an F/HA or KT movie.
That might be true, but how many non-TM fans would watch a Tsukihime/FSN not based on F/HA or KT?

SolarAdept
Crack Addic!

Unread post by SolarAdept » August 4th, 2009, 2:21 pm

I bet quite a lot would. Action+decent plot=attention attracter. It's the same formula everywhere.
Fate/World Providence - A site dedicated to it's Grail War RP.

Oolinthu
Addict

Unread post by Oolinthu » August 4th, 2009, 3:16 pm

Uberoy wrote:
Oolinthu wrote:Basically, no one who isn't already a Fate/Stay Night or Tsukihime fan is going to want to watch an F/HA or KT movie.
That might be true, but how many non-TM fans would watch a Tsukihime/FSN not based on F/HA or KT?
More than would watch a movie about sequels for series they've never heard of with recursive, looping narratives absent of all context, that's for sure.

On the other hand, consider the action scene potential of UBW. Especially if they actually do the Berserker fights right - they completely screwed up Berserker in the Fate anime. Berserker is not slow, damnit!

SolarAdept
Crack Addic!

Unread post by SolarAdept » August 4th, 2009, 3:39 pm

Yeah, A rank AGI HAS to mean something, especially when faced with C rank AGI opponents.
Fate/World Providence - A site dedicated to it's Grail War RP.

Oolinthu
Addict

Unread post by Oolinthu » August 4th, 2009, 5:43 pm

Well, I think Fuyuki says that AGI refers to agility, not speed, although speed is factored in somehow. But regardless, the motherfucker runs at a steady 50 kilometers an hour when he's blind, deaf, and presumably running into a tree every few seconds. According to Fuyuki he attacks at the speed of sound. That's about 1,200 km/hr or 745 mph.

I hated how in the Fate anime he fights like your stereotypical big, slow giant mook. It was like the animators had just gotten lazy, or couldn't figure out how to animate Saber/Archer vs. Berserker battles with Herakles fighting like he's supposed to.