Reality Marbles in general (spoilerz)

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Re: Reality Marbles in general (spoilerz)

Unread postby SolarAdept » July 30th, 2009, 10:54 pm

N.O.

No offense, but before posting, get your facts straight. NL is a technique-type NP of Herakles that Shirou projected from within his sword after projecting IT. It was merely named NLBW cuz Shirou sucks at naming stuff/Nasu likes engrish. Original name was Ikorosu Hyakutou, which roughly translates as 'hundred shooting heads'(from typemoon wiki).
Fate/World Providence - A site dedicated to it's Grail War RP.
SolarAdept
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Keeper of Gil's Vault » July 31st, 2009, 1:43 am

You are right SolarAdept, but no need to be so harsh. Be kind to new-comers and show them where to find the information. You are scaring people away.
Are we Beast's Lair Lite? Are we?!
Keeper of Gil's Vault
DESU DESU!

Unread postby ayami123 » July 31st, 2009, 9:07 am

No offense, but before posting, get your facts straight. NL is a technique-type NP of Herakles that Shirou projected from within his sword after projecting IT. It was merely named NLBW cuz Shirou sucks at naming stuff/Nasu likes engrish. Original name was Ikorosu Hyakutou, which roughly translates as 'hundred shooting heads'(from typemoon wiki).

ah ok oh i see but why does people call it Nine Bullet Revolver ???? what the can't understand that haha :)) so i thought that Nine lives alternate Name was NBR
haha :))
Those who blame things on others, please blame yourself.
I have no reason to live the only thing that make me alive are the people that I think I treasured.
Those who Hesitate are lost.
ayami123
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby SolarAdept » July 31st, 2009, 11:29 am

I've already seen the guy post in other places and he ain't the type to learn. I have enough childish idiots in school.

Nine Bullet Revolver is the name of the scene in game. It's called this way since Shirou's projection is like shooting out the swords that his RM prepares for him, hence revolver.
SolarAdept
Crack Addic!

Unread postby ayami123 » July 31st, 2009, 1:20 pm

I've already seen the guy post in other places and he ain't the type to learn. I have enough childish idiots in school.

Nine Bullet Revolver is the name of the scene in game. It's called this way since Shirou's projection is like shooting out the swords that his RM prepares for him, hence revolver.

oh i see i replayed it to see if its really the nine bullet revolver scene haha :)) never found that out haha :)) i thought that the name written in there is nine lives haha :)) ok :))

ok. understand but its kinda cool to name it Nine Lives Blade Works than Nine Bullet Revolver though haha :))

oh and ah keeper of gil's vault its ok to talk harshly cause i mostly type uncontrollably so i don't know who i offended or something, so its fine to me if they talk to me harshly, bad mouth me or anything :D
Those who blame things on others, please blame yourself.
I have no reason to live the only thing that make me alive are the people that I think I treasured.
Those who Hesitate are lost.
ayami123
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Altima of the Gates » August 1st, 2009, 3:44 pm

SolarAdept wrote:N.O.

Actually, both names are correct. In the original japanese, all Noble Phantasms have the english/whatever other language it was originally in name in katakana and a subtitle in kanji beneath that. For example, under Excalibur, which would be written in katakana, you'd have The Sword of Preomised Victory/Yakusoku Sareta Shouri no Tsurugi - in kanji. So you would have Nine Lives in katakana and then Ikorosu Hyakutou/The Shooting Hundred Heads (But it sounds more like Hundred Head Killer) in kanji. Both names are correct. The "Nine Lives Bade Works is just a customization through UBW that makes the technique usable on the axe-sword instead of a bow as it would usually be used.
Altima of the Gates
Might just like this board

Unread postby SolarAdept » August 1st, 2009, 5:51 pm

Actually, Nine Lives is a technique that's applicable to any kind of weapon. If Herakles were to be summoned as a Saber, Lancer or Rider, he'd be able to use it with any kind of weapon.
SolarAdept
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Mazyrian » August 1st, 2009, 9:31 pm

About Shirou using UBW

Is arguable that Rin was actually wrong, though I find it unlikely.
"I am the spider that set this web.
-Welcome to this wonderful killing chamber."
Mazyrian
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Keeper of Gil's Vault » August 2nd, 2009, 2:41 am

She says "should", so I guess it is kind of uncertain. If reality marble really is genuinely tied to the soul, then Shirou should still have it, as his soul is intact.
Keeper of Gil's Vault
DESU DESU!

Unread postby SolarAdept » August 2nd, 2009, 11:35 am

Yeah, that's my general idea.

IMO RMs can be not only inner worlds. They can also be tied to an aspect of the person. Sacchan's for example: it represents her loss-without-gain, which is only an aspect of her. Gransburg's apparently creates a world with killer birds, which seems to me more like a representation of his view on birds than himself(unless he is THAT crazy/broken from birth). Nrvnqsr's is more like manifesting the world before life existed in the planet(kinda like Ea, chaos is the primordial soup after all). Shirou's is not completely his inner world either - as he said, it's the answer he reached after living his whole life as a sword.
SolarAdept
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Vhailor » August 2nd, 2009, 12:37 pm

In my opinion, the Reality Marble is a projection of the identity of his owner and i think one of the reason RM users are really rare is because human nature would be quit instable and subject to many changes. Immortality grants stability in a certain way because there is no more aging and that would give to DAA the occasion to learn themselves. And in the case of Shirou, well, he has a very strong identity (i hope i am understandable) and this point is a shocking aspect of his personnality when you think about it.

I really like the idea of Order stronger, Keeper :d! NICE JOB KEEPER FFS!
Vhailor
Addict

Unread postby Kcuf » August 4th, 2009, 6:20 pm

I have a question.

Can the Reality Marbles change?

I mean will Shirou's Reality Marble be different if he didn't choose the same path as Archer?
Or if Satsuki got together with Shiki, will her RM be different?

Thanks if you can answer it!
Kcuf
Addict

Unread postby SolarAdept » August 4th, 2009, 7:29 pm

I doubt it. It might adapt, it might look differently, but I think the core of it will remain the same. You can't really change yourself completely(origin, core personality, etc).
SolarAdept
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Keeper of Gil's Vault » August 4th, 2009, 9:03 pm

Kcuf wrote:I have a question.

Can the Reality Marbles change?

I mean will Shirou's Reality Marble be different if he didn't choose the same path as Archer?
Or if Satsuki got together with Shiki, will her RM be different?

Thanks if you can answer it!

Ya, this I am not too sure, because there are only a handful of reality marbles that we know in a more detailed manner. What SolarAdept said makes sense though, because Archer and Shirou have diverged quite a bit, yet their reality marbles still perform essentially the same functions. There are some differences though, notice how Archer's is very dusty and dim, while Shirou's is clear and bright. I bet you can come to your own conclusion what this means if you use a bit of imagination.

However, it has been proven that reality marble can be created, so I guess theoretically you can have multiple reality marbles at your disposal. I doubt Nasu would ever create a character that utilizes multiple reality marbles or switches between reality marbles. Notice the reality marble of each DDA has almost come to define them, like a trademark.

Kcuf wrote:If Satsuki got together with Shiki, will her RM be different?

What are you talking about? Satsuki will always be sad, the scenario you have proposed is not possible, no, not possible. She is cursed with Depletion Garden, it will never become Blooming Flower Bed like you think it would.
Keeper of Gil's Vault
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Kcuf » August 5th, 2009, 12:07 am

Ah, I see.

I thank both of you, your answers have been very helpful!
Kcuf
Addict

Unread postby Keeper of Gil's Vault » August 5th, 2009, 12:36 am

Just to avoid confusion, the Sachin comment was meant to be a joke. I am not sure if you have taken it seriously.
Keeper of Gil's Vault
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » August 5th, 2009, 4:57 pm

Welkl for the Sacchin one we will never know untl we see the Tsukihime remake with Sacchin's route in it.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby RinTohsaka » August 9th, 2009, 11:09 am

I have only read the F/SN VN.

With that said, I agree with SolarAdept's theory as mentioned in the first post ----- of the RM being a boundary field in which the " common sense " of the caster prevails over that of the world but I don't think it's specifically tied down to his affinity
for swords or his ideal or his personality.

IMO it's like a massive projection in which one projects an entire world in which only the rules of one's choice prevail.Of course it's " description " may depend on the caster's affinities etc. but i believe he/she should be able to change it by visualizing it differently.
RinTohsaka
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Keeper of Gil's Vault » August 9th, 2009, 6:08 pm

RinTohsaka wrote:I
IMO it's like a massive projection in which one projects an entire world in which only the rules of one's choice prevail.Of course it's " description " may depend on the caster's affinities etc. but i believe he/she should be able to change it by visualizing it differently.

Please read the discussion again. Reality Marble is not quite "a massive projection of an entire world", because there are many Reality Marble users who do not specialize in projection sorcery, and there are those who do not utilize "Earthly sorcery" (ORT for example). Because of this, I think it is more of a case of the Reality Marble user projecting his own Order to overwrite the already present Gaian Order. The surrounding environment, in this case, will simply be molded by the prevailing Order.
Keeper of Gil's Vault
DESU DESU!

Unread postby abscess » August 10th, 2009, 4:09 am

I don't remember if this has already been asked but, how big can a Reality Marble be? I mean, Archer and Shirou release something that grabs everyone in a vicinity and transports them into his little pocket world, but how big is that pocket world of his? World size? Just some kms?
For the next question, let's suppose that it grabs people in around a 10 meter radius (I'm just making up number so don't take anything specific here), what happens to the 10 meter radius in the real world? It just keeps on going unchanged?
Perhaps those questions have already been answered and I don't know where those are/can't remember. If so, sorry to bother.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

PreviousNext

Return to Fate/stay night Chat