What would you want in a sequel? Spoilers!

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Re: What would you want in a sequel? Spoilers!

Unread postby SolarAdept » July 28th, 2009, 4:03 pm

ORT is asleep. It arrived a tad too early so it decided to take a nap till the others arrive.
Fate/World Providence - A site dedicated to it's Grail War RP.
SolarAdept
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Keeper of Gil's Vault » July 28th, 2009, 7:38 pm

Thanatos wrote:to me thats just not logical, no pact no servant simple... and why else was she in avalon (i think) in the last episode and not in the throne of heroes?...

We DON'T know where Sabre is in last episode (be it in Avalon, Throne of Heroes, or simply a dream world). We DON'T know even if the Shirou in Last Episode is the Shirou in the Fate time line. We don't know if the Last Episode is canon, or simply an opportunity of mental masturbation that Nasu gave to Sabre fans who cannot accept her death. This is not a sufficient argument to prove your point.
Also, the World Pact has nothing to do with the servant system. You do not need a World Pact to be part of the grail war. Sabre is a very special case. Servants like Lancer and Berserker come from the Throne of Heroes to participate in Heaven's Feel and are not bound by World Pact.

Thanatos wrote: to your second point: here from typemoon wiki: "Saber made a pact with the World as she was dying; she would be allowed to try and obtain the Holy Grail to grant her wish. In exchange, if she succeeds, she will finish her life and become a Counter Guardian after her death, a sub-category of a Heroic Spirit at the service of the World. Because of this pact, she is in fact still alive and "frozen" in her dying state when she travels through time to obtain the Grail, and is summoned as a Servant in the Grail War."

first if she succeeds she will become a counter guardian, but she didnt, from this info she could become a heroic spirit but never a counter guardian...

I never said I firmly believe my two points, I listed them as two possibilities. It is incorrect for you to reject the second point. It is true that Alaya will claim Sabre if she succeeded in obtaining the grail, it is also true that Sabre did not obtain the grail at the end of Fate. However, what you need to recognize is that Sabre terminated the contract UNILATERALLY. She could have obtained the grail, but she destroyed it. Furthermore, instead of continuing with the contract and rejoin another grail war, she chose death. Here, Alaya kept her end of the bargain, while Sabre withdrew from the contract. There is definitely a possibility that Alaya will claim Sabre anyways.
Are we Beast's Lair Lite? Are we?!
Keeper of Gil's Vault
DESU DESU!

Unread postby SolarAdept » July 28th, 2009, 8:17 pm

Finally a person who understands my point of view. I'm not going to repost it simply cuz i'm tired of saying the same thing again and again.
SolarAdept
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Nerroth » July 29th, 2009, 1:58 am

I'd move away from the Grail War concept entirely, and want to explore either one of the aspects of the setting which so far only exist via side material, or have yet to be laid down in general.

It's a big planet, with a lot of tales to tell, as F/SN proved by not simply re-treading the Dead Apostle angle from Tsukihime.

However, one point I'd like to see laid down is that the work is only one (or two, or three, or...) out of the millions of potential futures after the various F/SN story routes.

(For example, if the work is set, say, post-UBW-True, the door should be left open for other, equally valid, parallel timelines diverging from a common point - or perhaps sharing certain details but not others.)

In a multiverse of millions of timelines, there is more than enough room to go around.
Nerroth
Crack Desu!

Unread postby abscess » July 29th, 2009, 2:20 am

Yeah, but people rarely take as a sequel a re-run of the Grail War but set in another universe where, say, Rin lost the red jewel and summoned someone else, Sakura is a boy, Shirou is not so stupid and Ilya was never created. Also, creating a story from scratch where you follow a magus trying to synthesize a soul could hardly be called a sequel.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby smartazjb0y » July 29th, 2009, 4:53 am

Yeah, I don't think a sequel would totally move away from the Grail Concept. If it did, it would be more of a totally new VN, not a Fate sequel. But branching timelines based on one ending seems cool. Imagine a whole VN based on all three routes, where each VN has three branching routes based off of one ending. 3 huge games would be awesome...but would take forever.
smartazjb0y
Might just like this board

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » July 29th, 2009, 11:07 am

They already did that and it's called Hollow Ataraxia. Besides it could work by becoming an anime at the very least. I mean it explained about Lancer's Ex-Master pretty well here along with how Avenger decided to come out an play later on that very same year of the 5th HF War.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby SolarAdept » July 29th, 2009, 12:29 pm

I'd prefer a brand new VN. The FSN plot pretty much burnt itself out.
SolarAdept
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Oolinthu » July 29th, 2009, 1:57 pm

SolarAdept wrote:I'd prefer a brand new VN. The FSN plot pretty much burnt itself out.

Interesting that you should say that, considering you have a link to a Fate/Stay Night RP in your own signature. It would seem that for many (including yourself, apparently) the premise of FSN is far from burnt or played out.

Tsukihime is essentially about vampires, and once you've settled on how vampires work in your universe, there's little to develop beyond that. The beauty of FSN's premise is that there's vast, myriad potential - you have mythologies and legends from all over the world to play with.

Personally, I'd like to see both a FSN sequel and a new VN.
Oolinthu
Addict

Unread postby abscess » July 29th, 2009, 4:27 pm

Offtopic:
Tsukihime isn't all that "burned out." And even if you consider it to be, now that the important back-ground has been laid down, it'd time for the characters and the situation at hand to do their share of awesome.
Oolinthu wrote:Personally, I'd like to see both a FSN sequel and a new VN.

Mahotsukai no Yoru.

Ontopic:
Kid-Wolf wrote:They already did that and it's called Hollow Ataraxia. Besides it could work by becoming an anime at the very least. I mean it explained about Lancer's Ex-Master pretty well here along with how Avenger decided to come out an play later on that very same year of the 5th HF War.

I haven't read F/HA, but considering how convoluted the story seems to be with stuff repeating itself (to some extent) for 4 days until something happens, it reminds me of "endless eight." Doing an anime like that seems like baaaaaaad choice. And besides, I think that by sequel most people think that it would take place some times after the Grail War, not during it.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess

Unread postby Nerroth » July 29th, 2009, 4:29 pm

I didn't say anything about setting a follow-on story after a version of the 5th War not already shown.

What I was trying to say is that the kind of follow-on I'd like to see would be one which picked one particular ending (one from either the PC or PS2 versions of the VN, or the anime, or whatnot) and said "the following story is set after this".

Whether the new story has but one timeline's worth that it follows (like Fate/Zero) or offers multiple story routes, all of those should, in my view, stem from the same source.

But on the other hand, if someone else wanted to do a story in the future which also stemmed from the same ending, there should be room to say "in a multiverse of myriad possibilities, each path taken may branch from a common root, yet take the people involved in alternate directions".

So, if one wanted to have, say, a post-Fate story which went into some kind of Grail War rehash, that's an option - but those who want to write a new story with no Grail connection post-Fate, there should be room for both to be equally valid.

(Kind of like the various takes on Tomoyo After carry on after one route out of many from Clannad, but do not invalidate the others. Indeed, they might not necessarily be the only stories one could set post-Tomoyo route, in theory at least.)

I do prefer the idea of moving into different territory, though.

(But given what I write, that might not be overly surprising!)
Nerroth
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » July 29th, 2009, 5:42 pm

Well for Hollow Ataraxia it is a bit different eafter every reset more or less, aside form Endless Eight where it's the exact same thing with very little variation. Meaning diferrent things open up, and Shirou actually dies a few times to progress the story along. So at least the up side is that he gets a few death scenes since I'm sure some people wished that he would go through something like that with the way the anime ended.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby ayami123 » July 30th, 2009, 5:38 pm

Had BEEN EDITED OUT :)

anyway what i want if they going to remake FSN VN make shirou like the hero in Virgin Roster : Shukketsubo (its really gud) :))
i want him to stop being stupid and be more like kengo inui ha :)) he should kill all the remaining character and he should have the power to control a person then have him discover an object that can revisit time once then kill all the male characters that are involve in the grail war
then make the women submit and become his sex slave then that would end in a harem ending :))
that's what kind of ending i want all the girls will be his slave or in my fantasy my sex slaves.

but if they are going to make a proper remake. Make it the Heaven's Feel Route Cause its kinda cool to see Shirou fight berserker hahaha :))
and Shirou defeats Saber just with 3 pair of K/B
Kanshou and Byakuya

anyway if they are going to make a sequel i want it to be the sequel of Heaven's Feel arc cause its my favorite arc shirou became a more realistic person

oh and ah i think i already know why FHA is a sequel of the HF cause angra manyu can reroll time that why all the people involve in the grail war is alive

next this would my own version sequel
After the event that barett woke up shirou woke up and thought its all a dream then shirou's puppet body is getting weaker. they need to find another puppet or shirou will be dead again that why they need to find Aozaki Tohko (Dirty Red) so that shirou could get the perfect puppet body.
TDA-19th arrive - the one with a super long lasting climax tentacle vampire that can rape the whole town so shirou need to kill it because he will steal his harem hah <= anyway this is just for gag haha i really hate tentacle monsters haha :))- then make fuyiki city a battleground then the TDA found out that the land is own by tosaka, einzbern and matou they kidnap Tohsaka but not without resistance because they met her by coincidence then got the information that there is a grail somewhere and how to create it.
after several experiment they need sakura for the prototype and then shirou and rider will try take her back using his NLBW(Nine Lives Blade Works or in some version Nine Bullet Revolver) a Reality Marble, failed to do so resulting that his puppet body can't even stand or walk and near at their limits. The dead apostle then create another hommunculi that can also create the greater holy grail name her Ayaka Kojiro. meanwhile Elesia Ciel and the TDA-20 Merem Solomon have a report that a TDA have gone to Fuyuki City then they are assigned to hunt it. after investigating they found out that they have captives Sakura and Tohsaka after rescuing them with the help of Caren. A legendary criminal magician named Gretz Alba Vahlhung helped the TDA create a Perfect Grail that revives the third magic. thus calling the power of the counter guardians to protect the newly created grail. They met Caren Ciel and the TDA-20. Caren Explained that Rin and Sakura are in his home already after finding out they rush there and Rider, Ciel and TDA-20 devised a plan to infiltrate the workshop or a castle. while Tohsaka Sakura and Shirou Try Finding Dirty Red then after some crazy adventure they are exhausted and Shiro is near death status accidentally met Mikiya then he help them in his house after some trouble came out and Mikiya found out that Rin is a Mage that she is finding Dirty Red. convinced he help them find Dirty Red and paid her to get a Perfect Doll and also heal Shirou but telling them they will get delayed by 2 days. they tried to survive for now then near defeat Coincidentally they found bazett then she help them for 2 days. They returned to Fuyuki city finding out that it turns into a battle found filled with vampires and stuff. its up to them saving the day coincidentally finding archer you know happen after some point they convince archer and help them create a pack with Rin and even finding out that archer is Shirou. Shirou and the Gang (Rin, Sakura, Bazett, Archer and Counter Guardian that rebels) met Ciel, Caren and TDA-20. that they are Nearly defeated and they help them overcome some strong enemy and they devise a plan that can infiltrate the castle or workshop. then releasing the RM and Shirou Emiya New RM defeating them then finally they all fought the TDA-19 then the enemies are defeated.
after some soggy chatting and drama crap or even if you make some H-scene before ending it and show some epilogue .
after a few months create a 5 part OVA that explained what happen after that and some comedic part.

this is the story that i created so its not the real one haha :)) although this one that i wrought isn't the full version of what's in my mind. plz give a comment sry for xgrammar and xsentence making :)
Last edited by ayami123 on July 31st, 2009, 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Those who blame things on others, please blame yourself.
I have no reason to live the only thing that make me alive are the people that I think I treasured.
Those who Hesitate are lost.
ayami123
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » July 30th, 2009, 6:11 pm

ayami123 wrote:haha what the heck thanatos didn't post anymore that means he/she is hit can't anymore argue weak !!

Off Topic: It just means he doesn't want to start a flame war over this.

On Topic: Yes they should of done the HF storyline instead, but it was probably too dark and graphic to have as an anime series. Not only that, but they had to find a way to make an excuse for the mana transfer between Shirou and Sakura, like how they did it with Relta Nua. On the up side at least we have the ability to see Dark Sakura, Saber Alter, and Rider at thier best though.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby ayami123 » July 30th, 2009, 9:34 pm

On Topic: Yes they should of done the HF storyline instead, but it was probably too dark and graphic to have as an anime series. Not only that, but they had to find a way to make an excuse for the mana transfer between Shirou and Sakura, like how they did it with Relta Nua. On the up side at least we have the ability to see Dark Sakura, Saber Alter, and Rider at thier best though.

your probably right haha :) well i'm much of a hot headed person but in the outside i'm calm like type haha :)) change my impression now haha :) sry about that haha :))

oh i see well they can cut the scene you know :) so they can still make it to an anime :) they don't need excuse :) they just need to label it as mature or something tell me if i'm wrong :)
Those who blame things on others, please blame yourself.
I have no reason to live the only thing that make me alive are the people that I think I treasured.
Those who Hesitate are lost.
ayami123
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Chaos Chaud » August 10th, 2009, 5:38 am

I have to say that a F/SN sequel would probably have to relate itself with the grail war. Other things wouldn't be appropriated to be called a sequel. I would like a story involving something like aftereffects of the long period the Great Grail stayed in Fuyuki that came to surface because of its disappearance. Or something like that...

abscess wrote:I haven't read F/HA, but considering how convoluted the story seems to be with stuff repeating itself (to some extent) for 4 days until something happens, it reminds me of "endless eight." Doing an anime like that seems like baaaaaaad choice. And besides, I think that by sequel most people think that it would take place some times after the Grail War, not during it.

I agree with this^

(Let's forget that thing called endless eight...)
"Let Chaos consume your soul, and you won't be neither good nor evil, neither light nor darkness. You will be hollow, will be future, will be freedom." -Chaos Chaud
"You defeat him" -GARcher
"Drown in your ideals and die" -GARcher
"My spine hurts. My body is cold. My fingers are frozen. Yet, my brain burns with fire."- T. Shiki
Chaos Chaud
Crack Desu!

Unread postby DarkEyes » August 17th, 2009, 11:20 pm

Imho, theres no real need for a f/sn sequel.. I mean the story is done and over. They should write a new nasuverse vn, with new chars, story and everything.. Also, Nasus main characters r fun, so im curious to what other kind of weirdass guy he could come up with xD
DarkEyes
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Atriel » August 28th, 2009, 4:32 am

I'd rather not have sequel.
If you disagree, you are wrong.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Elf » September 5th, 2009, 7:58 am

Honestly, I'd like to see something Archer-centric, starting with his Grail War, him making the pact with the world, who his lover was and then ending with a Good End of sorts like in Unlimited Codes.

And . . .

Is it just me, or was the best part of Fate the prolouge with Rin?

I'd love to have a VN from her POV with three routes: An Archer route of course, we already had Shirou route in FSN so no need to go there here so maybe a Lancer and an Ayako route.
Elf
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Mazyrian » September 5th, 2009, 2:00 pm

There could also be a Saber route, if the first Fate H scene is any indication.
"I am the spider that set this web.
-Welcome to this wonderful killing chamber."
Mazyrian
Crack Desu!

PreviousNext

Return to Fate/stay night Chat