Getting only the voice patch?

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Getting only the voice patch?

Unread postby Surreal » July 11th, 2009, 3:45 pm

Hey so I was looking forward to playing Fate/Stay Night as part of my learning, I thought it would be excellent because I'd heard from friends it was even fully voice-acted on top of being totally awesome! So I tried playing the game. But there was no voice. Skipped through, thought hey maybe it's just because there's so much monologue. I was saddened and enraged. They said there'd be voice-acting! So I look it up and hey it's thanks to you there was voice! I figured I'd be able to just get the voice patch but um. It's bundled with the english patch and you can't un-check the english patch. I guess I'm in a pretty unique position? I tried searching here and some other places but I didn't find anyone else who wanted only the voice patch. So is there some way I can evade the english patch? I figure there should be a patch made for Japanese too but I really don't know where to look for that (my japanese isn't good enough yet) so if anyone could point me in the right direction? There will be cake many thanks for the kind soul who can help me.

(sidenote: what's a good place for hosting an avatar pic? I haven't needed to do it for years and now I had no idea where to go)
Surreal
Totally hardly posted

Re: Getting only the voice patch?

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » July 11th, 2009, 4:09 pm

Wow, so many questions.

Here's something to clear some stuff up.

1. You want voices in your game without the English translation, am I right?
2. The voice patch requires the PS2 version of Fate/Stay Night. (Realta Nua)
3. The patch doesn't provide the voices, it only extracts the necessary files from the PS2 version of Fate/Stay Night (which has voice-acting) and make it work for the PC version.
4. I'm not sure if there's a way to by-pass the english patch just to get the voice patch... I never tried it before.
5. You can just get and play the PS2 version of Fate/Stay Night (Fate/Stay Night Realta Nua) if you want the voices and keep the original Japanese script.

off-topic:
How about photobucket?
!すでのな
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Unread postby AlinSabel » July 11th, 2009, 9:25 pm

Photobucket's alright (think it needs registration), Imageshack's great (no registration needed), TinyPic is also good... plenty of places. :)
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby WakuWaku » July 11th, 2009, 9:57 pm

There's no way to use mirror moon's voice patch with the Japanese text, unless you want to go through and match each voice file to each dialogue line yourself.
WakuWaku
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Surreal » July 12th, 2009, 6:29 am

nanaya_shinya wrote:1. You want voices in your game without the English translation, am I right?
2. The voice patch requires the PS2 version of Fate/Stay Night. (Realta Nua)
3. The patch doesn't provide the voices, it only extracts the necessary files from the PS2 version of Fate/Stay Night (which has voice-acting) and make it work for the PC version.
4. I'm not sure if there's a way to by-pass the english patch just to get the voice patch... I never tried it before.
5. You can just get and play the PS2 version of Fate/Stay Night (Fate/Stay Night Realta Nua) if you want the voices and keep the original Japanese script.

Oh yeah, I knew that stuff sorry if I was unclear (looking at the first post yes I was ohh well). And yep, I just want japanese text with japanese voices. You know, the "just play the PS2 game" is pretty good and I feel dumb for not thinking of that... I'll have to see if I can get my poor, violated PS2 to run; second/third model with 8 years on its neck + older brother who messed with it has left it crippled. Every time I booted it up, I could hear it crying. But hey if anyone knows anything more about voice with japanese-text on pc I'm all ears. It's also true I don't have the patience to match the voice files manually, or even have the tools for it.

p.s. photobucket is still pretty cool, thanks guys
Surreal
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby abscess » July 12th, 2009, 7:07 am

There's also something that wasn't mentioned that I think may be important. Realta Nua's script isn't exactly as FSN-PC, there are some places were the voices say something but the text reads another thing, or some other where there is no voice at all*. The end result is that the voices could be misleading in some places if your japanese level isn't adequate enough to notice the discrepancies. So yeah, it probably is a better idea to get RN and play it on your PS2 or try your luck with an emulator, though last time I checked RN wasn't supported. Good luck.

H-scenes
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Return to Fate/stay night Chat