Error Running on Vista

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Error Running on Vista

Unread postby Alaris » June 29th, 2009, 9:45 pm

Well, managed to lose my discs for Fate/Stay Night, so I decided to copy the entire folder from my old Windows XP computer to my new Windows Vista computer. Placed the 'Fate' folder into Program Files, and created a Shortcut.

I set it to compatibility mode Windows XP Service Pack 2, and Run as Administrator.

Installed AppLocale, and used both it, and the normal Regional settings to set non-unicode programs to Japanese.

After all of this, I got this error:

Any help?
Alaris
Totally hardly posted

Re: Error Running on Vista

Unread postby AlinSabel » June 29th, 2009, 10:16 pm

You don't need to do those compatibility things, as F/SN runs fine on Vista.
In fact, the way they edited the English version makes it so you may not even need Applocale.

If it still makes an error, run it under applocale.
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby knightstemplar » July 1st, 2009, 1:58 pm

Actually i am getting the exact same problem and i run on XP home edition SP3. So it's not vista's fault and also i have ran applocale and configured Japanese onto the computer to try to fix this, none of which worked and i have yet to find a fix, ive installed on 2 computers and now again on another computer (trying to see if 3'rd times the charm). But it doesnt look good, but if you find a fix be sure to post it here or in the bugs thread =P
knightstemplar
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » July 1st, 2009, 3:58 pm

Well first off you don't need to install the game first. So just forget about Installing it through the Autorun bit. After closing that down, just use the laest English Installer mirrormoon did and it should work without using AppLocale. I mean they fixed that issue when they did the second storyline.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Alaris » July 3rd, 2009, 2:05 am

Okay, I found my discs, reinstalled, installed the patch with the Voices and everything works... except one MINOR little detail.

I had transferred my savedata folder over, and I tried to load OR save something, and I got this:

This happens whenever I hit 'Save' or 'Load.'
Alaris
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby knightstemplar » July 3rd, 2009, 10:06 am

Okay well i reinstalled everything and disabled firewall and autoprotect on nortan and it successfully installed on my 3'rd labtop....however i still cannot try it on my original labtop and other computer so im not sure it that was the cause of my original problem. But it's good you fixed your original problem.

-KnightsTemplar
knightstemplar
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Alaris » July 3rd, 2009, 10:50 pm

Well yeah, I managed to fix my original. I mean... I could go about replaying the entire game... which would, mind you, take forever... but I'd like to keep my progress if I can. For some reason, it just won't let me save when I use the SavaData folder that I had on my old computer.

Any help would be appreciated...
Alaris
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » July 4th, 2009, 6:19 am

Alaris wrote:Well yeah, I managed to fix my original. I mean... I could go about replaying the entire game... which would, mind you, take forever... but I'd like to keep my progress if I can. For some reason, it just won't let me save when I use the SavaData folder that I had on my old computer.

Any help would be appreciated...

Are you sure you have write access to that directory?

Unread postby Alaris » July 4th, 2009, 11:52 pm

How do I give myself access to right to that directory? I can't save OR load... so isn't that weird?
Alaris
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Soulshade » July 5th, 2009, 7:39 am

Alaris wrote:How do I give myself access to right to that directory? I can't save OR load... so isn't that weird?

You should already have access to the folder unless you went around messing things up. Anyhow this is what you do to give and take access:

Right click folder > Properties > Security > Edit ( Unless you're pro go to advanced to go into more detail with the access )

When you did that just click the full control box to administrator ( which i assume you are unless you're using a shared computer ), press ok then it should be ready to go. Hope that helped
Soulshade
Addict

Unread postby Alaris » July 5th, 2009, 7:28 pm

Okay, you're right, I had full permission already. I can't make any sense of it at all. I guess my save files might just be corrupt or something, which sucks! Unless someone else has any ideas, I'm going to just restart. Sadly... this will take forever!
Alaris
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » July 5th, 2009, 7:35 pm

Well if you're going to start all over you can always abuse the "All Mighty Crtl. Button" to skip scenes that you've seen before and manage to pick up where you originally left off at one point of course.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Return to Fate/stay night Chat