Let's talk draco powah-levels (spoilers)

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Let's talk draco powah-levels (spoilers)

Unread postby SolarAdept » June 23rd, 2009, 3:57 pm

So, just how powahful do you think dragons are? From my understanding, their defense alone is in the area of A or more in ranking, possibly somewhere in the wide expanse that the EX rank is(It took a shot of Excaliblast to take out Rider's Peg, who had the defense stat of a dragon).

But what about strength, agility and the other reasonable statistics?
Last edited by SolarAdept on June 23rd, 2009, 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fate/World Providence - A site dedicated to it's Grail War RP.
SolarAdept
Crack Addic!

Re: Let's talk draco powah-levels

Unread postby zweiterversuch » June 23rd, 2009, 4:37 pm

SolarAdept wrote:So, just how powahful do you think dragons are? From my understanding, their defense alone is in the area of A or more in ranking, possibly somewhere in the wide expanse that the EX rank is(It took a shot of Excaliblast to take out Rider's Peg, who had the defense stat of a dragon).

But what about strength, agility and the other reasonable statistics?

that depends on what kind of dragon you are talking about...

there are black dragons, red dragons, water dragons, chinese dragons, green dragons etc etc....
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!
zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » June 23rd, 2009, 6:48 pm

Although if you're going by what stat it needs to be to ride said beast as a mount it has to be around EX levels.
Even though Saber was a dragonborn she doesn't have the ability to ride such a thing. Although if she was summoned as a Rider, it might be borderline on that issue.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby SolarAdept » June 23rd, 2009, 6:55 pm

Okay wtf the two of you talking about? The first guy, are you sure you have the right universe? We don't have types of dragons in the nasuverse.

I want to talk about the stats of the dragons themselves, not the level of riding or half-dragon shorties. I don't give a damn about anything that's not dragons, and this includes Saber, so those who feel a burst of saberphilia, LEAVE.
SolarAdept
Crack Addic!

Re: Let's talk draco powah-levels (spoilers)

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » June 23rd, 2009, 8:03 pm

Um... I thought you meant what the Servant's Riding Level has to be to actually ride a dragon as a mount.

Although what zwei said is right, and since there wasn't much talk about dragons in the Nasuverse though I'm not sure what you were trying to get at here.
Last edited by Kid-Wolf on June 23rd, 2009, 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby zweiterversuch » June 23rd, 2009, 10:04 pm

SolarAdept wrote:Okay wtf the two of you talking about? The first guy, are you sure you have the right universe? We don't have types of dragons in the nasuverse.

I want to talk about the stats of the dragons themselves, not the level of riding or half-dragon shorties. I don't give a damn about anything that's not dragons, and this includes Saber, so those who feel a burst of saberphilia, LEAVE.

OOooook....

1. There are no dragons in the nasuverse! I am pretty sure of that! and if there were then they would be asociated in some way to the events in fate or fate zero since Nasu doesn't really pays much attention to that kind of mythological beasts in any other of his stories. (Really, if some dragon suddenly appeared in tsukihime's remake I would pretty much throw the game away...)

2.This thread won't have any spoilers if dragons' stats is the only topic YOU are going to ALLOW here. I recommend you to delete that part.

thank you for your understanding, please come again and have a nice trip.

Zwtrvrsch.
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!
zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby Keeper of Gil's Vault » June 24th, 2009, 1:34 am

Well, here are some of the bits we DO know:

-dragons are some of the most powerful phantasmal beasts. Fuyuki cited a typical dragon's defence is similar to Rider's pegasus. I am not buying this. If Fuyuki's statement were true, then a weakened Sabre can use Excalibur to blast away a thousand-year-old mythical beast like a dragon?! Again, I am not buying this...

-they apparently generate mana just by BREATHING. I take this as implying dragons have functionally infinite mana.

-the original guardian of Mt. Enzou was a true dragon, it seemed to be proficient in martial arts. This would imply that dragons can shape-shift.

If you ask for my opinion, I would say a dragon's power level will be on par with a True Ancestor. So, to put it in relative terms, more powerful than your 27 DAAs, but weaker than Arc at her optimal level. I would have said an old dragon is more powerful than Arc, but she has the invulnerability thing going on. Stats would probably be A+, EX etc (check your stat screen for Caster's Argon Coin).
Are we Beast's Lair Lite? Are we?!
Keeper of Gil's Vault
DESU DESU!

Unread postby SolarAdept » June 24th, 2009, 12:21 pm

I'd say nothing is impossible for them. Making mana by breathing makes sense if you consider that they are the oldest Phantasmal Race and have countless legends about them, some of which HAVE to be true. It is not that a dragon's defense is similar to the Pegasus, it's the reverese - the Pegasus's defense stat was close to the dragon race's. Not to mention that Arturia IS pretty much one of the strongest Heroic Spirits ever(somewhere there with Herakles, Gilgamesh and potentially Iskander and Achilles), and her Excaliblasts are ranked at A++, being the second strongest NP(after Ea).

They are also pretty much non-existant in the real world(they are hidden away along with demons from what I understand).
SolarAdept
Crack Addic!

Return to Fate/stay night Chat