Kotmine/Kuzuki fighting style

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Kotmine/Kuzuki fighting style

Unread postby ultimatednc » June 17th, 2009, 4:01 pm

Hey, this isn't a really an important question, but more something i'm interested in.
In F/SN , they indicate that Kotomine knows some type of chinese martial arts, but does anyone know if they were using an actual fighting style?
I'm asking if there is an actual fighting technique that Kotmine's was based on.
And, on that note, is Kuzuki's "snake" fighting style also real ?
Thanks, and great forum ! ~
ultimatednc
Totally hardly posted

Re: Kotmine/Kuzuki fighting style

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » June 17th, 2009, 4:18 pm

For the Snake form yes it does exist. I mean it's involved in a lot of old school kung fu movies if I remeber correctly.

As for Kotomine's fighting style
I don't think they went into detail on what kind of Chinese Martial Arts he is known for. although he is pretty much the second person that knows how to use the Black Keys though.
Last edited by Kid-Wolf on June 17th, 2009, 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Keeper of Gil's Vault » June 17th, 2009, 4:45 pm

Kotomine's fighting style is actually a derivative of the Tohsaka fighting style. The Tohsakas were originally martial artists rather than magi. Apparently the dragon who resided at the Ryudou temple taught the ancestor of the Tohsakas martial arts. Yes, Fuyuki has been Tohsaka turf for a long, long time.

You guys may want to spoiler tag some of the info.
Edit: Can't find the proof of the dragon statement anymore, someone confirm this.
Last edited by Keeper of Gil's Vault on June 17th, 2009, 5:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Are we Beast's Lair Lite? Are we?!
Keeper of Gil's Vault
DESU DESU!

Unread postby solopy567 » June 17th, 2009, 5:03 pm

Is that why in the fighting games Rin has some kung fu moves?
"Sion Eltnam is no more.
All there is left is a dead apostle who has inherited the name of TATARI.
Now.....Let's begin the Bloody Second Act." - Sion TATARI
solopy567
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Kcuf » June 17th, 2009, 5:08 pm

What about Miyako? Her moves resembles some of Kotomine's techniques.
Kcuf
Addict

Unread postby Keeper of Gil's Vault » June 17th, 2009, 5:23 pm

solopy567 wrote:
Is that why in the fighting games Rin has some kung fu moves?

That is actually from the Rin vs Caster scene, but ya, Tohsaka did inherit the kung fu moves and enhanced them with sorcery

Kcuf wrote:
What about Miyako? Her moves resembles some of Kotomine's techniques.

This I am not sure, I don't believe the characters know each other. I bet the Tohsakas are not the only family that knows kung fu in Nasuverse.
Are we Beast's Lair Lite? Are we?!
Keeper of Gil's Vault
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » June 17th, 2009, 5:59 pm

About Miyako,
she can be technically considered as a loli version of Rin if you compare the two. I mean they both wear a red outfit, and pretty much have kind of a simialr fighting style. The only difference is Rin actually uses jewels along wiht her fighting style.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby solopy567 » June 17th, 2009, 7:11 pm

Isn't Miyako

actually less than medicore in the chinese martial arts, but was enhanced by TATARI in Melty Blood?
"Sion Eltnam is no more.
All there is left is a dead apostle who has inherited the name of TATARI.
Now.....Let's begin the Bloody Second Act." - Sion TATARI
solopy567
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Chaos Chaud » June 17th, 2009, 9:32 pm

Actually, Miyako and Rin (I think Kotomine too) use Ba Jin Quan (see it [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bājíquán[/url]) as their main fighting style.
"Let Chaos consume your soul, and you won't be neither good nor evil, neither light nor darkness. You will be hollow, will be future, will be freedom." -Chaos Chaud
"You defeat him" -GARcher
"Drown in your ideals and die" -GARcher
"My spine hurts. My body is cold. My fingers are frozen. Yet, my brain burns with fire."- T. Shiki
Chaos Chaud
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Mazyrian » June 17th, 2009, 9:51 pm

Didn't Miyako used something "resembling Ba Jin Quan"? That is, she knew something (not very good), and she thought it was Ba Jin Quan, or something like that; and it upgraded to real Ba Jin Quan because of Tatari
"I am the spider that set this web.
-Welcome to this wonderful killing chamber."
Mazyrian
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Thanatos » June 17th, 2009, 10:16 pm

Mazyrian wrote:
Didn't Miyako used something "resembling Ba Jin Quan"? That is, she knew something (not very good), and she thought it was Ba Jin Quan, or something like that; and it upgraded to real Ba Jin Quan because of Tatari

i cant remember very well but i think thats what kotomines fighting style was called in the VN
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bajiquan
Thanatos
Addict

Unread postby Chaos Chaud » June 17th, 2009, 10:18 pm

She was learning Ba Jin Quan, but TATARI upgraded it to a Master level
"Let Chaos consume your soul, and you won't be neither good nor evil, neither light nor darkness. You will be hollow, will be future, will be freedom." -Chaos Chaud
"You defeat him" -GARcher
"Drown in your ideals and die" -GARcher
"My spine hurts. My body is cold. My fingers are frozen. Yet, my brain burns with fire."- T. Shiki
Chaos Chaud
Crack Desu!

Unread postby ultimatednc » June 18th, 2009, 12:22 am

Ohh, I see, thank you knowledgable mirror moon forumers. :P
For those of you who have read fate/zero,

i just read the part where kirei takes down a tree with his strength and martial arts alone. o_o talk about kung fun master, haha
ultimatednc
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby SolarAdept » June 19th, 2009, 12:33 pm

Kung fun... That's win.

I'm pretty sure that Kotomine's is not the original one.
He mentions in HF that his version is only an imitation.

About Kuzuki
More than a martial art, it's more a method of hitting. As Shirou put it, rather than a technique that was developed into an art, it's simply an action that was driven to the limit.
Fate/World Providence - A site dedicated to it's Grail War RP.
SolarAdept
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Kikuchi » June 24th, 2009, 11:02 am

SolarAdept wrote:About Kuzuki
More than a martial art, it's more a method of hitting. As Shirou put it, rather than a technique that was developed into an art, it's simply an action that was driven to the limit.
Oh really?
FUYUKIWIKI wrote:Hebi - Snake. The one skill that Kuzuki was given by his organization, polished and perfected from years of doing nothing but just that, at the cost of 20,000,000 yen and 20 years. His organization values the turning out of products, hence why Kuzuki was only allowed that one technique. The arms seem to twist as a whip would, but these movements always come in right angles; not to mention the flashing speed of these punches and the accuracy at the points they're aiming at. Hence the nickname, "snake". The real problem for an opponent who has to deal with this at the first time is getting used to the angles and positions these hits are coming from. Saber for instance, was actually hit from the back of the head when face to face with Kuzuki for the first time. Against a Servant, actual damage isn't that big (in fact, these won't break through Saber's armor); but receiving many of these reinforced hits overtime will add up to pain that will stun the person long enough to allow for an opportunity to allow for a fatal head blow. Needless to say, useless aagainst a Servant without backup from Caster.
When will I get my 1337th post?
Kikuchi
Crack Desu!

Unread postby s4itox » June 28th, 2009, 5:08 am

Kikuchi wrote:
SolarAdept wrote:About Kuzuki
Oh really?
FUYUKIWIKI wrote:Hebi - Snake. The one skill that Kuzuki was given by his organization, polished and perfected from years of doing nothing but just that, at the cost of 20,000,000 yen and 20 years. His organization values the turning out of products, hence why Kuzuki was only allowed that one technique. The arms seem to twist as a whip would, but these movements always come in right angles; not to mention the flashing speed of these punches and the accuracy at the points they're aiming at. Hence the nickname, "snake". The real problem for an opponent who has to deal with this at the first time is getting used to the angles and positions these hits are coming from. Saber for instance, was actually hit from the back of the head when face to face with Kuzuki for the first time. Against a Servant, actual damage isn't that big (in fact, these won't break through Saber's armor); but receiving many of these reinforced hits overtime will add up to pain that will stun the person long enough to allow for an opportunity to allow for a fatal head blow. Needless to say, useless aagainst a Servant without backup from Caster.

Doesn't Fuyuki really just agree with him? Kuzuki's "snake" isn't so much of a "martial art" as it is a method of hitting, it's just that the method of hitting has been practiced for so long (in kuzuki's case, 20 years). It's more of a 'skill' than a 'style'.
吾は面影糸を巣と張る蜘蛛。――ようこそこのすばらしき惨殺空間へ。
I am the spider that spins this web. ――Welcome, to the site of this magnificent slaughter.
s4itox
Might just like this board

Unread postby ultimatednc » June 29th, 2009, 9:58 am

Ooh, thanks for the info.
I say someone learns Tohsaka martial arts, some strengthening/projection, and practice Kuzuki's skill, they'd be so crazy in combat.
ultimatednc
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby SolarAdept » June 29th, 2009, 11:12 am

You do understand that both of these skills would take decades to master to a level necessary to be at Kotomine/Kuzuki's level, right? Kotomine might not look like it, but I bet he's approaching his forties in FSN and Kuzuki had two decades of training to be the hax killer he is today.
SolarAdept
Crack Addic!

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » June 29th, 2009, 11:21 am

Kotomine's date of birth is actually mentioned in Fate/Zero. He was in his twenties in Fate/Zero, meaning he's just in his mid-thirties in Fate/Stay Night.

Forgot the month and day but he was born 1967. FSN took place in February 2002.
(fixed)
Last edited by nanaya_shinya on June 29th, 2009, 2:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
!すでのな
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Unread postby SolarAdept » June 29th, 2009, 12:02 pm

FSN took place in 2004 according to what I heard... nvm, 3 years is not that much.
SolarAdept
Crack Addic!

Next

Return to Fate/stay night Chat