Fate/Stay Night Theory | (Spoilers)

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Re: Fate/Stay Night Theory | (Spoilers)

Unread postby SolarAdept » July 19th, 2009, 3:13 am

Generally Archer hinting it before his showdown with Shirou in UBW route.
Fate/World Providence - A site dedicated to it's Grail War RP.
SolarAdept
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Kenzu » July 23rd, 2009, 7:47 pm

Wasn't he just saying everything about her "king's past" then? Wasn't he comparing her way of doing things being similar to his? As in: "sacrificing few to protect many"? I just can't see how it would hint "not being able to save her" from this fragment.

On the other hand, there are some things that hint that he actually is Fate Shirou.
For example he knows things that only Fate Shirou knew like Avalon inside Shirou's body, Saber's past life and answers to all her questions.
Kenzu
Addict

Unread postby smartazjb0y » July 23rd, 2009, 8:08 pm

I read on Wikipedia that Archer was pretty much Fate Shirou with Ilya dying some time in the future, and that his armor is futuristic alloy or something. Don't know where they got that, but it seems to be accepted in the community. But just thinking about the time loop of him meeting himself and becoming himself without knowing he met himself is making me confused.
smartazjb0y
Might just like this board

Unread postby Keeper of Gil's Vault » July 24th, 2009, 6:30 am

Ilya always dies, no matter what. Her life-expectancy ends one year after Heaven's Feel 5. "Not being able to save her" refers to the fact that EMIYA was not able to convince his Sabre to give up her attempt to redo the selection of the king and enjoy life as a woman (stop denying her own self). This indicates that EMIYA's relationship with his Sabre was not as close as the one existing between Shirou and Sabre. This alone would suggest there are differences between the life experience of Archer and Shirou.
Are we Beast's Lair Lite? Are we?!
Keeper of Gil's Vault
DESU DESU!

Unread postby SolarAdept » July 24th, 2009, 9:36 am

Pretty much everyone in the community agrees it's either an Ilya route Shirou or a Shirou who never met Archer(EMIYA).
Fate/World Providence - A site dedicated to it's Grail War RP.
SolarAdept
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Kenzu » July 24th, 2009, 10:41 am

Keeper of Gil's Vault wrote:Ilya always dies, no matter what. Her life-expectancy ends one year after Heaven's Feel 5. "Not being able to save her" refers to the fact that EMIYA was not able to convince his Sabre to give up her attempt to redo the selection of the king and enjoy life as a woman (stop denying her own self). This indicates that EMIYA's relationship with his Sabre was not as close as the one existing between Shirou and Sabre. This alone would suggest there are differences between the life experience of Archer and Shirou.

I know the theory, but I don't know it's basis. I just can't find a single fragment of the text that indicates "not saving her". It would help a lot if someone posted it.
Ilya doesn't live long after the grail war and that's probably why Archer feels guilt of "not being able to save loved ones". That's correct.

SolarAdept wrote:Pretty much everyone in the community agrees it's either an Ilya route Shirou or a Shirou who never met Archer(EMIYA).

I don't think there's much to think. We don't have time travels in our world so time paradoxes are just speculations. As much as I don't like the idea of Ilya route, it is still acceptable, but Shirou not meeting Archer seems illogical.
Think about it. Rin always uses her pendant in the summoning process and heroes can be summoned to any time. If you talk about time paradoxes then perhaps the codition of being summoned to the time the hero lived is "partial memory loss". Hell, I don't know. I don't care about time paradoxes.

Anyway in Fate Archer was kind of like Shirou's mentor who gave him basis of mastering projection, Rin was like his magic instructor who taught him the proper way of using magic + gave him a brand new high class magic circuit and Saber was like his sword teacher + you know what. All these neatly fit to form the heroic spirit Emiya. Especially if you consider that Shirou is still a dumbass when it comes to "what do you enjoy" questions.
Kenzu
Addict

Previous

Return to Fate/stay night Chat