Just wondering.....

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Just wondering.....

Unread postby nightskye » June 14th, 2009, 8:24 pm

im pretty sure this has been brought up, but does anyone know if mirror moon is going to translate fate hollow atarxia? if not does anyone know where i can purchase the translated version? thanks
nightskye
Totally hardly posted
 
Posts: 5
Joined: August 12th, 2008, 1:51 am

Re: Just wondering.....

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » June 14th, 2009, 8:34 pm

First off you can purchase the game at one of those online stores, since you'll need the Japanese game disk anyways due to the fact that is how most, if not all, translator groups translate these Visual Novels. Second, mirror moon isn't doing the translation, but someone from BeastLair is actually doing it instead.

The topic can be found here though

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1406

That pretty much explains the progress of the translation and whatnot.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
User avatar
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx
 
Posts: 1833
Joined: August 31st, 2008, 8:08 pm
Location: Inside the Depletion Garden

Re: Just wondering.....

Unread postby nightskye » June 14th, 2009, 9:51 pm

Well i pretty gave up Beast's Lair because they are really slow... i already bought the game in japanese but i was wondering if anyone know any online store that sells the translated version or at least a patch. Thanks
nightskye
Totally hardly posted
 
Posts: 5
Joined: August 12th, 2008, 1:51 am

Re: Just wondering.....

Unread postby abscess » June 14th, 2009, 10:35 pm

............
Your request defies logic, my noob friend. If there's no patch that translates the game, how would they sell such a thing? Also, what kind of stores sell translation patches that are released for free? If you were talking about an official translation of Hollow Ataraxia, it still is very strange, why would a company translate a Fan Disc (F/HA) instead of the game that started the Fate franchise (F/SN)? I don't get your thread of thought.
Anyway, there is no finished English patch for F/HA and there is no official translation to English by any company. I heard there are Korean and Chinese translations, but I know nothing about them.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
User avatar
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx
 
Posts: 1939
Joined: April 25th, 2008, 10:08 am
Location: Parmistan lol

Re: Just wondering.....

Unread postby nightskye » June 14th, 2009, 11:49 pm

are u stupid? ive seen plenty of websites that sell TRANSLATED patches of original japanese games. The only reason im asking here is because i obviously don't see it on their site. kk thnx bai
nightskye
Totally hardly posted
 
Posts: 5
Joined: August 12th, 2008, 1:51 am

Re: Just wondering.....

Unread postby Atriel » June 14th, 2009, 11:49 pm

Ok guys, we won't ever read F/HA unless we know moonspeak.

There! I said it! Somebody had to ;_;
If you disagree, you are wrong.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!
 
Posts: 1030
Joined: October 21st, 2007, 3:49 am

Re: Just wondering.....

Unread postby Uberoy » June 14th, 2009, 11:53 pm

Atriel wrote:Ok guys, we won't ever read F/HA unless we know moonspeak.

There! I said it! Somebody had to ;_;

Have some faith will ya? It will be translated just wait.
But I shall forgive you. Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained.
User avatar
Uberoy
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 339
Joined: May 4th, 2008, 9:11 pm
Location: In your base, killing your d00ds

Re: Just wondering.....

Unread postby abscess » June 15th, 2009, 1:30 am

nightskye wrote:are u stupid?

Yes, I'm afraid that I am one for trying to help and understand you. Oh well.

Atriel wrote:Ok guys, we won't ever read F/HA unless we know moonspeak.

There! I said it! Somebody had to ;_;

You break my heart, man.....
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
User avatar
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx
 
Posts: 1939
Joined: April 25th, 2008, 10:08 am
Location: Parmistan lol

Re: Just wondering.....

Unread postby AlinSabel » June 15th, 2009, 10:02 am

nightskye wrote:are u stupid? ive seen plenty of websites that sell TRANSLATED patches of original japanese games. The only reason im asking here is because i obviously don't see it on their site. kk thnx bai


Links or it didn't happen.

And no linking to that guy selling the Y's Oath in Felghana one, he was a bastard who thought he could sell his fan translation. :/

Fan translations, on principle, cannot be something that requires users to pay for it. If anyone is selling fan translation patches, they are most likely in violation of the ToS which comes with many of these patches.
User avatar
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!
 
Posts: 726
Joined: April 1st, 2008, 10:49 pm

Re: Just wondering.....

Unread postby -[J1N]- » June 15th, 2009, 11:49 am

I second that link. I would really like to see who's got enough guts to sell translations to games, besides those guys who are selling TM games 'with patches' on eBay (are they still there?), and the example Alin just gave. The main problem with any translation patches, which mirrormoon staff had stated already, is that the group were never given permission to be 'modifying' their games to be able to be played in English. To be making money out of it is of course much worse.

Not to mention no one has officially released a translation patch for F/HA, so good luck finding one to start, rather than buying.
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
User avatar
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!
 
Posts: 548
Joined: September 15th, 2007, 10:29 am
Location: Look outside your window

Re: Just wondering.....

Unread postby AlinSabel » June 15th, 2009, 12:31 pm

-[J1N]- wrote: besides those guys who are selling TM games 'with patches' on eBay (are they still there?)


Think we managed to run him off eBay for a while. :/ That, or the prick's been too busy with exams.
User avatar
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!
 
Posts: 726
Joined: April 1st, 2008, 10:49 pm


Return to Fate/stay night Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest

cron