Should I watch the anime?

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Should I watch the anime?

Unread postby boborockz » June 9th, 2009, 12:03 am

So i just finished the fate route in the game and i feel like watching the anime but does the anime have like any spoilers for the other two routes?
boborockz
Totally hardly posted

Re: Should I watch the anime?

Unread postby Catastrophe » June 9th, 2009, 12:08 am

it does... 1, perhaps 2, and are pretty big indeed.
the anime its worth if you dont have a mean to get the game, but since you already passed fate route, i assume thats not the case, right?

edit: perhaps you could watch some parts of it after finishing the game, just for the sake of awesomness (Archer vs Berserker ftw)
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN
Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Soulshade » June 9th, 2009, 12:34 am

tbh i highly not recommend you watching the anime, other than ep 14 the rest of it is utter fail but yea there are a few spoilers in the anime that r from the other routes so i think u should finish off the other 2 routes b4 u watch the anime.
Soulshade
Addict

Unread postby Atriel » June 9th, 2009, 1:06 am

The anime is all right, nothing all that amazing compared to the VN. However, you should first finish the VN since there are some spoilers about those in the anime.
If you disagree, you are wrong.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby -[J1N]- » June 9th, 2009, 1:43 am

For a bit more view and opinions, you can check this old thread with almost the exact same title (or alternatively continue on that thread):
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1862
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby boborockz » June 9th, 2009, 11:29 am

Alright i will finish the game thanks for the suggestions and stuff.
offtopic but its my topic anyway : lelouch from code geass has some skinny legs they're like toothpicks
boborockz
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby potatokan » June 24th, 2009, 1:00 am

Well I saw the anime before I played the game and I enjoyed it a lot... it pretty much follows Fate but there were a couple large parts from the other lines... I don't see why people don't like the anime so much but they love the novel... they were almost the same thing...IMO the novel just repeated itself 10000 times BUT I still enjoyed it. So yes watch the anime if you don't mind a few big spoilers
potatokan
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Keeper of Gil's Vault » June 24th, 2009, 1:53 am

The anime bent and warped the plot a bit too much. HOWEVER, it is indeed worthwhile to watch some of the defining moments in the visual novels animated. Without spoiling too much, I would say, definitely watch the ending of the anime. The way it was presented made it significantly more powerful than the visual novel.
Are we Beast's Lair Lite? Are we?!
Keeper of Gil's Vault
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » June 24th, 2009, 2:34 am

Pretty much it's a good stoyrline and done fairly well if you haven't played the Viusal Novel. Although if you have played the Visual Novel
then watch up to the GARcher vs. GARzerker battle, after that the storyline tries and forces the other two storylines into the Fate arc that th game did.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby ChaosMarble » July 11th, 2009, 10:13 pm

I would think that if you're going to have a good F/SN conversation, watch the anime as well as utilizing the VN. In this manner, you can get into Genshiken-esque discussions and walk away with a smile.
ChaosMarble
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby NeroSonic666 » July 29th, 2009, 10:55 am

The anime's not bad but you can just watch it if you have nothing better to do but there are some spoilers inside so I suggest you play finish the visual novel before watching it!
NeroSonic666
Totally hardly posted

Return to Fate/stay night Chat