What's ur opinion on the us psp F/UC

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

What's ur opinion on the us psp F/UC

Unread postby hoennsquall » May 25th, 2009, 9:51 am

what do you think, is it really better to be one of those download only games?
hoennsquall
Crack Addic!

Re: What's ur opinion on the us psp F/UC

Unread postby -[J1N]- » May 25th, 2009, 10:19 am

I think doing a lot of those 'super' moves will be very hard, since the PSP's D-pad is quite hard to use, especially if it's already been quite impaired. In terms of the US version, I am completely biased towards English dubs, so what I say will only cause a ruckus, so I will refrain from doing so. Would be interesting to know if they're going to change the words for Archer's UBW chant though.

And as a side note, I don't think you should discuss whether you are planning on downloading it or not, even if it's only an 'if' question/scenario.
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby solopy567 » May 25th, 2009, 2:08 pm

I thought they only changed the written language to english, not the dubbing too.....Well, I hope they don't change his chant.

It will be good for the english speakers to finally be able to play it some way, so i'm all for it.
"Sion Eltnam is no more.
All there is left is a dead apostle who has inherited the name of TATARI.
Now.....Let's begin the Bloody Second Act." - Sion TATARI
solopy567
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » May 25th, 2009, 4:51 pm

Well this game alone is the one reason I hope I can save enough money to get a PSP so it can't be all that bad. not only that, but I can finally understand what the move sets are going to be for once.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby lolipedofin » June 6th, 2009, 9:20 am

-[J1N]- wrote:I think doing a lot of those 'super' moves will be very hard, since the PSP's D-pad is quite hard to use, especially if it's already been quite impaired. In terms of the US version, I am completely biased towards English dubs, so what I say will only cause a ruckus, so I will refrain from doing so. Would be interesting to know if they're going to change the words for Archer's UBW chant though.

And as a side note, I don't think you should discuss whether you are planning on downloading it or not, even if it's only an 'if' question/scenario.

Well, everyone gonna download it anyway... Why?? Because apparently Capcom USA will release this as digital download only through PSN Store... -_-

From what I read the price going to be around 30 USD, and will be available through PSN Europe as well, release date is confirmed to be around September 2009...

I never download stuffs from PSN Store before, but I do hope the one at Asia can download the English version as well.... I was kinda bummed to hear that they will only release this as Digital Download... Because deep in my mind, something will keep on telling me, "Why would I pay for this, If I can just download it illegally for the exact some stuffs"... It's just kinda sucks, buying a game, without holding any physical proves that we bought it... and without any bonus as well... Well, maybe it's to minimize the loss should the game doesn't sell well... but still.... T.T

Will still buy this though, I think it's the best to show support for the game, and to convince US game makers to localize more titles like this... but please stay away from dubbing... -_- unless you can make it bilingual... I will probably also getting the Japanese version (for the artbook) and the Hori cover set...^^

Oh another thing is, from the looks of the trailer, it doesn't look like it will be dubbed..

Last edited by lolipedofin on June 6th, 2009, 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby abscess » June 6th, 2009, 9:25 am

OMFG! I JUST CREAMED MYSELF!!!
A PSP and F/UC. Another reason to look for a job!!.... when I end the semester...
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess

Unread postby lolipedofin » June 6th, 2009, 9:38 am

abscess wrote:OMFG! I JUST CREAMED MYSELF!!!
A PSP and F/UC. Another reason to look for a job!!.... when I end the semester...

Lol! the news about the PSP version has been around for a while... It's the localization into English that's kinda new....
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby abscess » June 6th, 2009, 9:43 am

Yeah, that's what I mean. I read the title of a thread similar to this one in Beast's Lair, but I never entered it, because it was too long and I'm lazy to try to catch what everyone is talking about in such advanced threads.... Anyways, I didn't know about the localizing of F/UC. Also, jap voices! WOOOO!!!
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess

Unread postby Nintendo Maniac 64 » June 8th, 2009, 5:42 am

Kid-Wolf wrote:Well this game alone is the one reason I hope I can save enough money to get a PSP so it can't be all that bad. not only that, but I can finally understand what the move sets are going to be for once.

...or you could get yourself Crucis Fatal Fake, which will run on your current PC (assuming it runs Windows and isn't more than 8 years old)

I personally feel that CFF feels more F/SN-y with it's servent-master tag-team style fighting.
Nintendo Maniac 64
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Sepheriel » June 8th, 2009, 6:09 am

Just a noob question... but I'm getting a PS3 very soon (it'll be on its way this week) and I wanted to know if you can play those digital versions of games on the PS3. Are they console specific? I'm asking since the PS3 and PSP can do some interesting cross information stuff. Thanks.
EKUSU---------KALIBAAAAAAAA!!
Sepheriel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby zweiterversuch » June 8th, 2009, 11:06 am

Question:

you can download F/UC?
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!
zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby Kikuchi » June 8th, 2009, 11:41 am

If yes, then the game wouldn't be a commercial title anymore. O.o
When will I get my 1337th post?
Kikuchi
Crack Desu!

Unread postby lolipedofin » June 8th, 2009, 12:03 pm

The game is a digital release only on PSN Store (specifically, the only confirmed are USA and Europe)

So yeah, it's not about "Can you?" rather, it's... "You have to download it!"

Through legal mean of course...^^

@Sepheriel: I dunno.. but if you have been playing any PSP game with your PS3 downloaded through PSN Store... then I guess you can also do it with F/UC
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby sozuke » June 8th, 2009, 3:57 pm

I cant wait till this comes out if you can play this on you ps3 i will be very happy because I don't have a psp
sozuke
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Catastrophe » June 8th, 2009, 9:46 pm

Sepheriel wrote:Just a noob question... but I'm getting a PS3 very soon (it'll be on its way this week) and I wanted to know if you can play those digital versions of games on the PS3. Are they console specific? I'm asking since the PS3 and PSP can do some interesting cross information stuff. Thanks.

no....sadly
(because i, too, have a ps3 but no psp)
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN
Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Sepheriel » June 9th, 2009, 3:51 am

Catastrophe wrote:
Sepheriel wrote:Just a noob question... but I'm getting a PS3 very soon (it'll be on its way this week) and I wanted to know if you can play those digital versions of games on the PS3. Are they console specific? I'm asking since the PS3 and PSP can do some interesting cross information stuff. Thanks.

no....sadly
(because i, too, have a ps3 but no psp)

*Stewie* DAMN! Well I already have the game for the PS2 but I would like to play the story modes in English :( If anyone wants to write down the translated scenarios and stuff that would be very much appreciated.
EKUSU---------KALIBAAAAAAAA!!
Sepheriel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby -[J1N]- » June 15th, 2009, 12:00 pm

No dubs? That's great! Saves us a lot more money since we won't have to pay for dubbers (if it affects costs that much).

When you say downloadable through PSN for Europe and USA, does it make a difference where you download it from? Since its the internet, you should be able to download it anywhere in the world right?
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Inuyashafangirl » June 18th, 2009, 11:17 pm

I'm getting it! I'd love to play it in English! (My friend thinks I'm silly, as I already have the PS2 version) I am, however, disappointed it is a download only...I like having the physical product...to remedy this, I am getting the PSP Japanese version.
Inuyashafangirl
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby hoennsquall » June 20th, 2009, 8:23 am

ha, I've already got it

the combos got a lil' simpler

only hard ones to pull of were Luvia and Berserker's move in which you need to go from 6 clockwise....

unlocked all characters too

and wth?!

did i just do this in Lancer's ex mission?!

hoennsquall
Crack Addic!

Unread postby inferno_flamex » June 21st, 2009, 1:08 am

... In case anybody else wanna know... Besides the rider extra costume...

Archer also has an extra costume...
The one in FHA... i believe

I believe its the one when he faught against Saber? Im not sure, never played FHA yet.. The one where Archer is without the red jacket, only the black vest.

And YES loli... Its the Archer costume in the transparent card thing that i bought from you back then... XDDDDD

Im not sure.. But... i believe you haveta defeat the game with that character, in order to unlock it or something...

Coz i still have yet to find any other 'extra' costumes of other characters, since im ONLY playing Archer for ever since... Meaning i havent unlocked UBW Gil costume.. and of coz... FHA Rider costume.. Maybe there's even an alternate Caster costume eh? XDD

~EDIT~
... OH YEAH...
And EX Attacks (Grail Specials) are pretty much buffed to 7k damage... That's like... 3/4 of your whole life... Meaning if anyone managed to get the grail's favor and go in command spell mode... Get a little pre-combo then connect it into an EX attack... It pretty much means the end coz the grail needs approx 10k of 'life' from both characters in order to get activated..

Meaning on average.. Both characters would already be in the yellow/red bars/half of their life gone.. And an EX could take out 3/4... Its MUCH MUCH MUCH more damaging in the PSP version...
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
~:~:~
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
~:~:~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Next

Return to Fate/stay night Chat