Favourite Character....Whats Yours?

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Re: Favourite Character....Whats Yours?

Unread postby SolarAdept » June 9th, 2009, 8:41 am

Alright. Go ahead and think that that's childish, [/joke] you defeatist loser. [/joke] If you think that being determined and having a clear goal in his life is childish, then so be it.
Fate/World Providence - A site dedicated to it's Grail War RP.
SolarAdept
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Kikuchi » June 9th, 2009, 8:52 am

SolarAdept wrote:Alright. Go ahead and think that that's childish, [/joke] you defeatist loser. [/joke] If you think that being determined and having a clear goal in his life is childish, then so be it.
When the so called clear goal is nothing but a fake illusion (Fate already explained that the so-called ideal is nothing but a fake, borrowed ideal), pursued by a hot-blooded mind which is more interested in proving the person who has experienced the results wrong. Just like... a 5 year old boy being reprimanded by his parents not to do this and that, only for him to DO IT instead. Only a person who has the same childish pattern of thinking can still think it's justified. :P
When will I get my 1337th post?
Kikuchi
Crack Desu!

Unread postby abscess » June 9th, 2009, 8:59 am

SolarAdept wrote:Alright. Go ahead and think that that's childish, [/joke] you defeatist loser. [/joke] If you think that being determined and having a clear goal in his life is childish, then so be it.

Oh, c'mon, don't get like that.
The idea of saving everyone you can isn't childish (that much). I think it's mostly the approach that lacks the required thinking. Have you even heard the saying "Not even the most just of causes lacks a fool that follows it blindly"? (or something like that goes). He is determined and lacks no conviction, but he lacks the thinking necessary to get into the right approach. As it has already been stated, he acts like a stubborn child that one of the strongest things that drives him is to prove someone wrong. That's not bad per se, but if you base your ideal that you live by and die while defending it, then that's some weak ideal you've got, my friend.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Kikuchi » June 9th, 2009, 9:03 am

^This. While in Fate, at least he got and understood the real reason why he wanted to do it: for the sake of the people who died in the Fire. It's not "ooh, the ideal is cool; I'd follow it to the death and play deaf towards everyone who's against me" anymore.
Kikuchi
Crack Desu!

Unread postby SolarAdept » June 9th, 2009, 9:21 am

So those soldiers of whatever nation you come from, if they were to die while protecting the ideal of their nation's freedom, would they be childish as well? That line of yours pretty much got you into my "Shitty assholes" list, cuz I'm, while not much of a patriot, still do respect those poor blokes who get killed while fighting for their country's safety.

The reason he continues to pursue his ideal in UBW is NOT to prove Archer wrong. It's the only way of life he knows and it'll bring him a lot of self-satisfaction in the end. Not giving up when someone tells you that what you are planning is likely to end up shitty, is a good thing buddy. Otherwise a lot of the great scientific advances in history wouldn't be here.

Note: This post was made before Kikuchi posted.
SolarAdept
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Kikuchi » June 9th, 2009, 2:14 pm

SolarAdept wrote:So those soldiers of whatever nation you come from, if they were to die while protecting the ideal of their nation's freedom, would they be childish as well? That line of yours pretty much got you into my "Shitty assholes" list, cuz I'm, while not much of a patriot, still do respect those poor blokes who get killed while fighting for their country's safety.

The reason he continues to pursue his ideal in UBW is NOT to prove Archer wrong. It's the only way of life he knows and it'll bring him a lot of self-satisfaction in the end. Not giving up when someone tells you that what you are planning is likely to end up shitty, is a good thing buddy. Otherwise a lot of the great scientific advances in history wouldn't be here.

Note: This post was made before Kikuchi posted.
Dude, if you want to preserve the coexistence of this forum's user, I suggest you watch your speech mannerism. And while I couldn't care less if you call me shitty asshole or such, from other people's point of view, it definitely doesn't look nice.

Regarding the "patriotism" theory you posted right there, there is a big difference between really dying for other people's sake and "dying for other people" just because you feel like it, or just because you think it's cool. And yes kiddo, for the umpteenth time I say that the stubborness shown in UBW is largely to prove that Archer is wrong. You're the type that won't listen unless I pointed it directly, so here you go.

Exactly what a 5 year old boy would say if his parent prevented him from doing something. The same boy that would cry later after he truly realized what is the effect of his actions.
Kikuchi
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Vhailor » June 9th, 2009, 5:12 pm

I don't have the same point of view than you about this but there is no way i'm going to discuss now. Your interpretation of his actions completely differs from mine because we don't have the same postulat de base and after exposing our arguments, neither i nor you are convinced so let's just stop it. Nevertheless I'll go with the selfless shiro dedicated to sacrifice himself for the sake of the others and well, you'll go with your stubborn brat.
Vhailor
Addict

Unread postby SolarAdept » June 9th, 2009, 7:09 pm

I'm with Vhailor. The point of being a fan is that you are a fan regardless of other people's opinions.

Now, just to have the last word, but the main reason Shirou's even talking to Archer is cuz he needs to rescue Rin and Archer wants him dead. Otherwise, he wouldn't event start the discussion about idealism and such with him and simply ignore him.
SolarAdept
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Dark_Habit » June 16th, 2009, 11:10 am

SolarAdept wrote:I'm with Vhailor. The point of being a fan is that you are a fan regardless of other people's opinions.

Yes that's true. Everyone has their own opinions, viewpoints and ways of thinking. You should not undermine someone else's favorite just by thinking that your's is better, but...........ah what the heck! It atleast spices up the thread and
its kinda fun to debate too!
Last edited by Dark_Habit on June 16th, 2009, 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is but a River.
A continuous flow,relentless till it reaches its destination.
Rocks,rapids,falls hinder not the flow of the strong.
It has its ups,and its downs.
And in the end,peacefully.......
It dissipates into to vast Ocean.
Dark_Habit
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Chaos Chaud » June 16th, 2009, 12:46 pm

Yeah , it's fun to debate, but not to flame too much about it
"Let Chaos consume your soul, and you won't be neither good nor evil, neither light nor darkness. You will be hollow, will be future, will be freedom." -Chaos Chaud
"You defeat him" -GARcher
"Drown in your ideals and die" -GARcher
"My spine hurts. My body is cold. My fingers are frozen. Yet, my brain burns with fire."- T. Shiki
Chaos Chaud
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Keeper of Gil's Vault » June 17th, 2009, 3:05 am

We all know this thread is a flamebait, even though the OP probably did not intend for it to be one. However, all such threads share one universal characteristic: they all end the same way. Eventually, someone will resort to the comparison of power level to prove their point, and then Message jumps out from the bushes and smash the thread to a thousand pieces with his osmium lock.
Are we Beast's Lair Lite? Are we?!
Keeper of Gil's Vault
DESU DESU!

Unread postby SolarAdept » June 17th, 2009, 9:29 pm

So let's foil his plans by banning power levels from approaching this thread?
SolarAdept
Crack Addic!

Unread postby astalotte » April 22nd, 2014, 11:00 pm

my fav characters are;

Hero:
1. Gilgamesh
2. Archer
3. Lancer (fate/zero)

Heroine;

1. Saber(arturia)
2. Rin
3. Karen

saber would totally win in a match against archer ubw to archer is a weaker version of avalon to saber.
The strongest hero ; gil should get the strongest heroine ; saber plus they make a cute couple
astalotte
Posting more than n00bs

Previous

Return to Fate/stay night Chat