Favourite Character....Whats Yours?

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Favourite Character....Whats Yours?

Unread postby Dark_Habit » May 23rd, 2009, 7:35 pm

Leaving the main character aside, I like Gilgamesh the best.I know, I know, he's insane,he contradicts himself and thinks he can be the King of the World forever, but thats what its all about! I mean how many characters have you seen get more cocky than him? Hats off to you,Goldie!
Last edited by Dark_Habit on May 23rd, 2009, 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is but a River.
A continuous flow,relentless till it reaches its destination.
Rocks,rapids,falls hinder not the flow of the strong.
It has its ups,and its downs.
And in the end,peacefully.......
It dissipates into to vast Ocean.
User avatar
Dark_Habit
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 275
Joined: May 23rd, 2009, 9:51 am
Location: Next to Death

Re: Favourite Character....Whats Yours?

Unread postby Uberoy » May 23rd, 2009, 7:55 pm

Dark_Habit wrote:I like Gilgamesh the best.


You my friend, has realised the truth. Its good to know that there's more than 1 sane person on this forum.
But I shall forgive you. Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained.
User avatar
Uberoy
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 339
Joined: May 4th, 2008, 9:11 pm
Location: In your base, killing your d00ds

Re: Favourite Character....Whats Yours?

Unread postby Mazyrian » May 23rd, 2009, 10:56 pm

Assassin. Sure, he doesn't appears much and maybe is the weakest Servant, but still I found him pretty cool ever since I first saw his CG. Also, he is a normal human who can somewhat match Saber in swordfighting
"I am the spider that set this web.
-Welcome to this wonderful killing chamber."
User avatar
Mazyrian
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 259
Joined: January 4th, 2008, 8:49 pm

Re: Favourite Character....Whats Yours?

Unread postby abscess » May 23rd, 2009, 11:07 pm

Either Rider or Sakura.
Saber is cool and all, but I find her overrated, along with Mr. GAR-ness. There's not much stuff on Lancer to really get to know the character, same goes for Caster a little bit. Never really digged Tohsaka that much. Kotomine is cool and all but I find him a bit silly in his wanting to see Angra Manyu be born because it's his duty to welcome a life (or something like that it was, can't remember too clearly).
I sort of see Shirou and Assassin getting along in a friend/rival kind of relationship, since Shirou is so adamant in wanting to help everybody he cans and Assassin wants to enjoy having a fight with the strongest person. They're kind of like a shounen character.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
User avatar
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx
 
Posts: 1939
Joined: April 25th, 2008, 10:08 am
Location: Parmistan lol

Re: Favourite Character....Whats Yours?

Unread postby Chaos Chaud » May 23rd, 2009, 11:54 pm

For me, Rin is the only one I can call my favorite character, because of her moderate air of superiority without getting too arrogant and doing errors at the moments but taking responsability of solving them
"Let Chaos consume your soul, and you won't be neither good nor evil, neither light nor darkness. You will be hollow, will be future, will be freedom." -Chaos Chaud
"You defeat him" -GARcher
"Drown in your ideals and die" -GARcher
"My spine hurts. My body is cold. My fingers are frozen. Yet, my brain burns with fire."- T. Shiki
User avatar
Chaos Chaud
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 358
Joined: March 21st, 2009, 4:10 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: Favourite Character....Whats Yours?

Unread postby Catastrophe » May 24th, 2009, 3:24 am

my top are a non-canon pair:

Rin - Lancer, both together and on their own :P
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN
User avatar
Catastrophe
DESU DESU!
 
Posts: 734
Joined: December 18th, 2007, 3:40 am
Location: Trust me.... you DONT wanna know.

Re: Favourite Character....Whats Yours?

Unread postby Dark_Habit » May 24th, 2009, 6:59 am

Mazyrian wrote:Assassin. Sure, he doesn't appears much and maybe is the weakest Servant, but still I found him pretty cool ever since I first saw his CG. Also, he is a normal human who can somewhat match Saber in swordfighting


Hey Man , Nobody said Assassin was the weakest.In fact,no Servant is the 'weakest'. Each one has their special attributes and ability. He is the 'weakest' in one way because he has no divinity or divine weapon,so at first glance is considered 'weak' but makes up for that with Tsubame Gaeshi.
Life is but a River.
A continuous flow,relentless till it reaches its destination.
Rocks,rapids,falls hinder not the flow of the strong.
It has its ups,and its downs.
And in the end,peacefully.......
It dissipates into to vast Ocean.
User avatar
Dark_Habit
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 275
Joined: May 23rd, 2009, 9:51 am
Location: Next to Death

Re: Favourite Character....Whats Yours?

Unread postby TheRedArcher » May 24th, 2009, 8:34 am

Shirou. I love his ambitions and his perseverance to go through pain and suffering to achieve his goals, even if he was a bit naive (I swear, Shirou must have had his circuits fried 50 times each arc).
"Well, nobody's perfect" and "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."
User avatar
TheRedArcher
Addict
 
Posts: 112
Joined: November 1st, 2008, 12:12 am
Location: Earth's core

Re: Favourite Character....Whats Yours?

Unread postby Vhailor » May 24th, 2009, 1:40 pm

If you are talking about all the caracters of the saga fate :
LANCELOT, because i love arthurian legend et the berserker knight is awesome. And i watched the anime, at a first glance, i fought the Berserker card was a fully armored berserker knight type. F/Z made my wish come true.

If it just concerned F/SN, then i choose Shirou/Archer because he is beautiful! A mere human who was able to become a hero, that s so beautiful.
Vhailor
Addict
 
Posts: 79
Joined: November 11th, 2008, 3:08 pm

Re: Favourite Character....Whats Yours?

Unread postby Dark_Habit » May 24th, 2009, 2:50 pm

Vhailor wrote:If it just concerned F/SN, then i choose Shirou/Archer because he is beautiful! A mere human who was able to become a hero, that s so beautiful.


B-B-Be-Beautiful?!?
You're a guy right? A-A-Ar-Are you G-G-Ga-Gayyyyy?!?
Don't you mean handsome?!?

.............................
..............................
.................................
....................................

Oh, and I apologize if your not too familiar with English. ;)
Life is but a River.
A continuous flow,relentless till it reaches its destination.
Rocks,rapids,falls hinder not the flow of the strong.
It has its ups,and its downs.
And in the end,peacefully.......
It dissipates into to vast Ocean.
User avatar
Dark_Habit
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 275
Joined: May 23rd, 2009, 9:51 am
Location: Next to Death

Re: Favourite Character....Whats Yours?

Unread postby Vhailor » May 24th, 2009, 3:34 pm

YES I M GAY !
No i m just french :'( . Well the life of this guy is beautiful i think (is it better like this :'D ?)
Vhailor
Addict
 
Posts: 79
Joined: November 11th, 2008, 3:08 pm

Re: Favourite Character....Whats Yours?

Unread postby Dark_Habit » May 24th, 2009, 3:48 pm

Yeah, sure is.That makes sense.
Life is but a River.
A continuous flow,relentless till it reaches its destination.
Rocks,rapids,falls hinder not the flow of the strong.
It has its ups,and its downs.
And in the end,peacefully.......
It dissipates into to vast Ocean.
User avatar
Dark_Habit
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 275
Joined: May 23rd, 2009, 9:51 am
Location: Next to Death

Re: Favourite Character....Whats Yours?

Unread postby Atriel » May 24th, 2009, 5:35 pm

How come I can't think of any?
If you disagree, you are wrong.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!
 
Posts: 1030
Joined: October 21st, 2007, 3:49 am

Re: Favourite Character....Whats Yours?

Unread postby Michael Nanaya » May 25th, 2009, 4:24 am

The Knight in Red of course. I'm so totally GAR for him :P
Shirou's...not actually my favourite only Archer, for his troubled past and whole complex storyline. Btw the only Shirou I like is UBW Shirou and HF Shirou (that's where he rly gets to be awesome).
Fav heroine would be Tohsaka. Damn that girl is fine, and a badass magician. (chibi chibi Zeltrech xDDD)

Atriel wrote:How come I can't think of any?


LOL Fate hater alert!

DUCK!
User avatar
Michael Nanaya
Posting more than n00bs
 
Posts: 18
Joined: March 26th, 2009, 1:59 am
Location: Deep in the wasteland of Portugal

Re: Favourite Character....Whats Yours?

Unread postby Dark_Habit » May 25th, 2009, 4:45 am

Atriel wrote:How come I can't think of any?


Nah, I think she's too confused. If you hate F/SN then you shouldn't even exist here, right?
Life is but a River.
A continuous flow,relentless till it reaches its destination.
Rocks,rapids,falls hinder not the flow of the strong.
It has its ups,and its downs.
And in the end,peacefully.......
It dissipates into to vast Ocean.
User avatar
Dark_Habit
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 275
Joined: May 23rd, 2009, 9:51 am
Location: Next to Death

Re: Favourite Character....Whats Yours?

Unread postby Sepheriel » May 25th, 2009, 5:43 am

No question. Saber. I won't go into reasons because it would be kinda long but she is my favorite. After Saber I like almost everyone else: Lancer, Assassin, Rin, Rider, Sakura, Taiga, Ilya, etc. I like Kirei as well but only when he pwns True Assassin and when he saves Ilya; his confidence is also awesome (George Nakata is such a good voice actor for Kirei). I hate Gilgamesh but have a unyielding, undying loathing that I will carry forever for Matou Zouken and Matou Shinji. I haven't read Fate/Zero nor have I read Fate/HA but I do like Bazett and Caren.
EKUSU---------KALIBAAAAAAAA!!
User avatar
Sepheriel
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 433
Joined: July 1st, 2008, 5:41 am
Location: Avalon

Re: Favourite Character....Whats Yours?

Unread postby abscess » May 25th, 2009, 6:17 am

It seems I'm the only rider lover here.
She seems capable of trying to do almost anything to get what she needs, I find that ruthlessness interesting and badass. The fact that she can somewhat refrain from doing it (to get Shirou completely for herself, for example) also gives an insight that she can be very loyal and caring to other people. Her self consciousness about height makes me laugh, because it makes her seem rather feminine and a tad insecure, which is... well, I don't like to use this word, but it's cute.
From what I've seen, a fault that she may have is that she doesn't seem to seize anything for herself, but that could be worked around.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
User avatar
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx
 
Posts: 1939
Joined: April 25th, 2008, 10:08 am
Location: Parmistan lol

Re: Favourite Character....Whats Yours?

Unread postby Dark_Habit » May 25th, 2009, 6:51 am

abscess wrote:It seems I'm the only rider lover here.


That's sad to hear.I respect her because of her practical and rational outlook.But only people similar to her could probably respect her.
Life is but a River.
A continuous flow,relentless till it reaches its destination.
Rocks,rapids,falls hinder not the flow of the strong.
It has its ups,and its downs.
And in the end,peacefully.......
It dissipates into to vast Ocean.
User avatar
Dark_Habit
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 275
Joined: May 23rd, 2009, 9:51 am
Location: Next to Death

Re: Favourite Character....Whats Yours?

Unread postby Atriel » May 25th, 2009, 7:07 am

I always thought Rider was awesome. Hell, I still do but I simply can't come with a character that actually makes me "Damn, he/she is the shit!" The closest ones are Rider and Lancer with Saber trying to catch up. Maybe when/if I read F/HA I may come to know them all better. Hopefully.
If you disagree, you are wrong.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!
 
Posts: 1030
Joined: October 21st, 2007, 3:49 am

Re: Favourite Character....Whats Yours?

Unread postby Dark_Habit » May 25th, 2009, 7:24 am

Atriel wrote: Maybe when/if I read F/HA I may come to know them all better. Hopefully.


Your opinions of the characters will probably totally change once you read F/HA.
Sorry no spoilers here. Go here
Life is but a River.
A continuous flow,relentless till it reaches its destination.
Rocks,rapids,falls hinder not the flow of the strong.
It has its ups,and its downs.
And in the end,peacefully.......
It dissipates into to vast Ocean.
User avatar
Dark_Habit
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 275
Joined: May 23rd, 2009, 9:51 am
Location: Next to Death

Next

Return to Fate/stay night Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 3 guests