Favourite Character....Whats Yours?

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Re: Favourite Character....Whats Yours?

Unread postby SolarAdept » June 3rd, 2009, 11:47 pm

Did you completely and utterly disregard the word 'normal' in my post? Gilgamesh, aka "Strongest Servant", is the farthest guy from normal as you can find.
Fate/World Providence - A site dedicated to it's Grail War RP.
User avatar
SolarAdept
Crack Addic!
 
Posts: 239
Joined: April 19th, 2009, 12:30 pm

Re: Favourite Character....Whats Yours?

Unread postby Catastrophe » June 4th, 2009, 1:51 am

SolarAdept wrote:Kuzuki. He's awesome, even awesomer than Assassin in the "normal guy who can beat Saber". It seems that Saber is some kind of a line in FSN - any normal person who can fight her equally/beat her is automatically elevated to Badass-ness(HF Shirou, Archer, Kojirou and Kuzuki go in this group).

how is Archer "normal"?

edit: ...and when did he beat her??? o.0
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN
User avatar
Catastrophe
DESU DESU!
 
Posts: 734
Joined: December 18th, 2007, 3:40 am
Location: Trust me.... you DONT wanna know.

Re: Favourite Character....Whats Yours?

Unread postby SolarAdept » June 4th, 2009, 5:57 am

Archer's normal. He was an average, mediocre human with almost no exceptional abilities when it came to fighting, yet he managed to get to the level of a heroic spirit by extreme amounts of hard work. And he came close to beating her in the beginning of UBW. Saber comments that she would've died if she was closer to Berserker when Kaladbolg blew up. And he can shoot those out enlessly, if he has enough magical energy supply. Plus, in same route, he stopped Saber(fuelled by a contract with Rin) from attacking him simply by threatening to duplicate and Excaliblast her with her own sword.
Fate/World Providence - A site dedicated to it's Grail War RP.
User avatar
SolarAdept
Crack Addic!
 
Posts: 239
Joined: April 19th, 2009, 12:30 pm

Re: Favourite Character....Whats Yours?

Unread postby Uberoy » June 4th, 2009, 6:38 am

SolarAdept wrote:Did you completely and utterly disregard the word 'normal' in my post? Gilgamesh, aka "Strongest Servant", is the farthest guy from normal as you can find.

Oh, you meant normal in that regard. I was thinking that a servant that's not Avanger was considered normal.
But I shall forgive you. Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained.
User avatar
Uberoy
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 339
Joined: May 4th, 2008, 9:11 pm
Location: In your base, killing your d00ds

Re: Favourite Character....Whats Yours?

Unread postby Chaos Chaud » June 4th, 2009, 1:22 pm

Uberoy wrote:
SolarAdept wrote:Did you completely and utterly disregard the word 'normal' in my post? Gilgamesh, aka "Strongest Servant", is the farthest guy from normal as you can find.

Oh, you meant normal in that regard. I was thinking that a servant that's not Avanger was considered normal.


Same for me here...
"Let Chaos consume your soul, and you won't be neither good nor evil, neither light nor darkness. You will be hollow, will be future, will be freedom." -Chaos Chaud
"You defeat him" -GARcher
"Drown in your ideals and die" -GARcher
"My spine hurts. My body is cold. My fingers are frozen. Yet, my brain burns with fire."- T. Shiki
User avatar
Chaos Chaud
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 358
Joined: March 21st, 2009, 4:10 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: Favourite Character....Whats Yours?

Unread postby SolarAdept » June 4th, 2009, 1:54 pm

Oh wait, I forgot to add Bazett to that list. She DID kill Saber once.
Fate/World Providence - A site dedicated to it's Grail War RP.
User avatar
SolarAdept
Crack Addic!
 
Posts: 239
Joined: April 19th, 2009, 12:30 pm

Re: Favourite Character....Whats Yours?

Unread postby Catastrophe » June 4th, 2009, 2:37 pm

SolarAdept wrote:Archer's normal. He was an average, mediocre human with almost no exceptional abilities when it came to fighting, yet he managed to get to the level of a heroic spirit by extreme amounts of hard work. And he came close to beating her in the beginning of UBW. Saber comments that she would've died if she was closer to Berserker when Kaladbolg blew up. And he can shoot those out enlessly, if he has enough magical energy supply. Plus, in same route, he stopped Saber(fuelled by a contract with Rin) from attacking him simply by threatening to duplicate and Excaliblast her with her own sword.

blah-blah-blah if blah-blah-blah then: theory

he DID NOT defeat her: fact

also, when becoming GARdian, he receives ability boost to get on par with servants, thus = not-normal
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN
User avatar
Catastrophe
DESU DESU!
 
Posts: 734
Joined: December 18th, 2007, 3:40 am
Location: Trust me.... you DONT wanna know.

Re: Favourite Character....Whats Yours?

Unread postby Chaos Chaud » June 4th, 2009, 2:48 pm

Catastrophe wrote:
SolarAdept wrote:Archer's normal. He was an average, mediocre human with almost no exceptional abilities when it came to fighting, yet he managed to get to the level of a heroic spirit by extreme amounts of hard work. And he came close to beating her in the beginning of UBW. Saber comments that she would've died if she was closer to Berserker when Kaladbolg blew up. And he can shoot those out enlessly, if he has enough magical energy supply. Plus, in same route, he stopped Saber(fuelled by a contract with Rin) from attacking him simply by threatening to duplicate and Excaliblast her with her own sword.

blah-blah-blah if blah-blah-blah then : theory

he DID NOT defeat her: fact


But the proud King of Knights said herself that Archer could beat her, and that's something
"Let Chaos consume your soul, and you won't be neither good nor evil, neither light nor darkness. You will be hollow, will be future, will be freedom." -Chaos Chaud
"You defeat him" -GARcher
"Drown in your ideals and die" -GARcher
"My spine hurts. My body is cold. My fingers are frozen. Yet, my brain burns with fire."- T. Shiki
User avatar
Chaos Chaud
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 358
Joined: March 21st, 2009, 4:10 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: Favourite Character....Whats Yours?

Unread postby Catastrophe » June 4th, 2009, 2:55 pm

Chaos Chaud wrote:But the proud King of Knights said herself that Archer could beat her, and that's something


once again: "could"
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN
User avatar
Catastrophe
DESU DESU!
 
Posts: 734
Joined: December 18th, 2007, 3:40 am
Location: Trust me.... you DONT wanna know.

Re: Favourite Character....Whats Yours?

Unread postby Rhode_Chamelot » June 4th, 2009, 3:02 pm

i like both bazett and gilgamesh, they have style...............i think
User avatar
Rhode_Chamelot
Totally hardly posted
 
Posts: 6
Joined: January 25th, 2009, 1:25 am

Re: Favourite Character....Whats Yours?

Unread postby Chaos Chaud » June 4th, 2009, 3:07 pm

@ Catastrophe

So count the double Excaliblast scene in UBW. Saber retreats because she knew that Archer was not bluffing. if that's not admiting defeat, then what that is?
"Let Chaos consume your soul, and you won't be neither good nor evil, neither light nor darkness. You will be hollow, will be future, will be freedom." -Chaos Chaud
"You defeat him" -GARcher
"Drown in your ideals and die" -GARcher
"My spine hurts. My body is cold. My fingers are frozen. Yet, my brain burns with fire."- T. Shiki
User avatar
Chaos Chaud
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 358
Joined: March 21st, 2009, 4:10 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: Favourite Character....Whats Yours?

Unread postby SolarAdept » June 4th, 2009, 4:25 pm

Not to mention that it was full-powered Saber, not the weak version that had Shirou as a Master.
Fate/World Providence - A site dedicated to it's Grail War RP.
User avatar
SolarAdept
Crack Addic!
 
Posts: 239
Joined: April 19th, 2009, 12:30 pm

Re: Favourite Character....Whats Yours?

Unread postby SmellyGoomba » June 4th, 2009, 6:17 pm

loldunno

Maybe Sakura because she has huge bewbs and she's my age

Or Rider because she has huge bewbs and has long hair... and it's purple

Or Saber because she has an ahoge, iunno really.

Or RIn because she's a stocking-wearing tsundere.

Honestly, I can't decide.

I want them all.
User avatar
SmellyGoomba
Might just like this board
 
Posts: 40
Joined: June 19th, 2008, 5:03 pm
Location: Somewhere on Earth.

Re: Favourite Character....Whats Yours?

Unread postby SolarAdept » June 4th, 2009, 7:17 pm

Just like your name suggests, you're a smelly greedy git. [/joking]

Jokes aside, I wonder why there are so few Kotomine fans... He had a couple of GAR moments in HF.
Fate/World Providence - A site dedicated to it's Grail War RP.
User avatar
SolarAdept
Crack Addic!
 
Posts: 239
Joined: April 19th, 2009, 12:30 pm

Re: Favourite Character....Whats Yours?

Unread postby Catastrophe » June 4th, 2009, 8:57 pm

Chaos Chaud wrote:@ Catastrophe

So count the double Excaliblast scene in UBW. Saber retreats because she knew that Archer was not bluffing. if that's not admiting defeat, then what that is?

lets review said scene....
tries to kill shirou -> Saber and Rin form contract -> Archer gets whooped big time -> Archer unleashes UBW AND...

Threatens Saber with a HOSTAGE SITUATION.... (very anti-gar now that i think about it) ->

saber doesnt move -> archer shoots barrage of swords at saber hoping she will evade, and thus killing Shirou who was behind her -> Shirou counters barrage with barrage -> UBW comes down -> archer kidnaps Rin and flees.....
yeah, what an overwhelming victory.... *yawn*

1 last thing to wrap things up: I dont dislike archer, might actually be my 3rd male fave of the game, but it just ticked me off when you said that he beated Saber (overall second favorite of the game), thing that didnt ever happen.

edit: @goomba: well..... through valid.... thats a pretty archaic way to rate the chars you like lol
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN
User avatar
Catastrophe
DESU DESU!
 
Posts: 734
Joined: December 18th, 2007, 3:40 am
Location: Trust me.... you DONT wanna know.

Re: Favourite Character....Whats Yours?

Unread postby Chaos Chaud » June 4th, 2009, 10:15 pm

OK, I'll give up this time... You DO have a valid point when you say that archer never really beats saber in the game... Though, I still think Saber lost when she said she would die with Kaladbolg II ( and probably will continue thinking it, but that's because of personal beliefs, so you don't need to bother yourself trying to argue it...)
"Let Chaos consume your soul, and you won't be neither good nor evil, neither light nor darkness. You will be hollow, will be future, will be freedom." -Chaos Chaud
"You defeat him" -GARcher
"Drown in your ideals and die" -GARcher
"My spine hurts. My body is cold. My fingers are frozen. Yet, my brain burns with fire."- T. Shiki
User avatar
Chaos Chaud
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 358
Joined: March 21st, 2009, 4:10 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: Favourite Character....Whats Yours?

Unread postby Mazyrian » June 4th, 2009, 10:22 pm

Well, in a bad end she DOES die with Kaladbolg II, though I think calling that a victory for Archer is kinda a stretch; in any case, is not the same as HF Shirou, Assassin or Kuzuki beating her.
"I am the spider that set this web.
-Welcome to this wonderful killing chamber."
User avatar
Mazyrian
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 259
Joined: January 4th, 2008, 8:49 pm

Re: Favourite Character....Whats Yours?

Unread postby Chaos Chaud » June 5th, 2009, 12:47 am

Mazyrian wrote:Well, in a bad end she DOES die with Kaladbolg II, though I think calling that a victory for Archer is kinda a stretch; in any case, is not the same as HF Shirou, Assassin or Kuzuki beating her.


Why not? He's an Archer, let him use a bow at least once :lol:
"Let Chaos consume your soul, and you won't be neither good nor evil, neither light nor darkness. You will be hollow, will be future, will be freedom." -Chaos Chaud
"You defeat him" -GARcher
"Drown in your ideals and die" -GARcher
"My spine hurts. My body is cold. My fingers are frozen. Yet, my brain burns with fire."- T. Shiki
User avatar
Chaos Chaud
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 358
Joined: March 21st, 2009, 4:10 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: Favourite Character....Whats Yours?

Unread postby SolarAdept » June 5th, 2009, 5:16 am

^ Let's support that saying.
Fate/World Providence - A site dedicated to it's Grail War RP.
User avatar
SolarAdept
Crack Addic!
 
Posts: 239
Joined: April 19th, 2009, 12:30 pm

Re: Favourite Character....Whats Yours?

Unread postby Catastrophe » June 5th, 2009, 1:54 pm

Chaos Chaud wrote:
Mazyrian wrote:Well, in a bad end she DOES die with Kaladbolg II, though I think calling that a victory for Archer is kinda a stretch; in any case, is not the same as HF Shirou, Assassin or Kuzuki beating her.


Why not? He's an Archer, let him use a bow at least once :lol:

mmmmm.... also doubtful about that one...... (last time i annoy here for this....i hope)
i mean, that was pretty much a back-stab team-kill, when Saber was fully concentrated in taking no less than Berserker, obviously she wouldnt be able to see the nuke coming (if that was able to scrape some of zerker's lifes, of course it will obliterate any other servant)

I just cant picture how Archer taking Saber 1-on-1 head on would be able to do much, with both of them in top condition (ideal Master) Saber is WAY superior in all aspects
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN
User avatar
Catastrophe
DESU DESU!
 
Posts: 734
Joined: December 18th, 2007, 3:40 am
Location: Trust me.... you DONT wanna know.

PreviousNext

Return to Fate/stay night Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron