Fate/Stay Night and Tsukihime

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Fate/Stay Night and Tsukihime

Unread postby darugai » May 13th, 2009, 12:12 am

Hello I finished playing FSN some time ago and felt I wanted to play something like it again. It was an awesome experience, from the story to the substance and the way how everything progresses in each scenario was seriously amazing. It was the second VN I played, Planetarian being the one before that, and both were awesome. However, I liked FSN only because of its story and its game design/mechanics, not because of its H-Scenes (I usually skipped through these). So I wanted to play another VN that would give me a similar experience to FSN. I heard that Tsukihime was quite simmilar so I had a few questions. Is it worth spending the money and buying Tsukihime, as I heard its art and game mechanics feel somewhat "dated" when compared with FSN. I am asking essentially, for those of you who have played through both games recommend playing Tsukihime? and how does it compare with FSN? is it just as entertaining? Thanks.
darugai
Totally hardly posted

Re: Fate/Stay Night and Tsukihime

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » May 13th, 2009, 12:40 am

Tsukihime could be basically the game that started Type-Moon in the Visual novel section of things. Of course it wouldn't be as great as Fate/stay night by special effects, music, and whatnot. Although it does have a rather deep story just like how F/sn has. Although the up side to this is that there are 5 storylines and 9 different endings. The only down side is there isn't much of a reason to try and obtain the Dead Ends unless you want to see Ciel as a teacher and the rough sketches of Neco-Arc.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Kikuchi » May 13th, 2009, 2:15 am

You might as well wait for the remake version of Tsukihime, though... Better graphics and stuffs, from what I heard. :D
When will I get my 1337th post?
Kikuchi
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » May 13th, 2009, 2:17 am

Kikuchi wrote:You might as well wait for the remake version of Tsukihime, though... Better graphics and stuffs, from what I heard. :D

Well not only that, but the rumored Sacchin route will finally be revealed. So, "Isn't it great Sacchin you're getting your route." Although, "Isn't it sad Sacchin it took over 10 years to obtain your route."
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby Unkind » May 13th, 2009, 2:38 am

Kikuchi wrote:You might as well wait for the remake version of Tsukihime, though... Better graphics and stuffs, from what I heard. :D

and the translation of it, who knows how long that'll take.
Unkind
Might just like this board

Unread postby Kikuchi » May 13th, 2009, 5:07 am

Unkind wrote:

and the translation of it, who knows how long that'll take.
Most likely not THAT long; they are just adding one new route iirc. mm can apply the old translation patch that way (with some adjustments here and there).
When will I get my 1337th post?
Kikuchi
Crack Desu!

Unread postby abscess » May 13th, 2009, 9:34 am

Kikuchi wrote:Most likely not THAT long; they are just adding one new route iirc. mm can apply the old translation patch that way (with some adjustments here and there).

We don't know that. There could be some majors rewording/rewriting on the thing to make it so it's not just a rehash. I'd encourage anyone who wants to take Tsukihime to do it right now, even if the CGs aren't on par to what is considered the standard this date. It's a collection piece too, so there is nothing to lose here.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess

Unread postby darugai » May 13th, 2009, 5:00 pm

Well if a new version is going to be released I rather as well wait for it. lol. I looks like its gonna have much more updated artwork and game mechs, so I guess I will wait for the new version. After all I still have not played Final Fantasy 7, in hopes for a PS3 remake which will most likely not come...
darugai
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Pink » May 14th, 2009, 4:33 am

Kid-Wolf wrote:Tsukihime could be basically the game that started Type-Moon in the Visual novel section of things. Of course it wouldn't be as great as Fate/stay night by special effects, music, and whatnot. Although it does have a rather deep story just like how F/sn has. Although the up side to this is that there are 5 storylines and 9 different endings. The only down side is there isn't much of a reason to try and obtain the Dead Ends unless you want to see Ciel as a teacher and the rough sketches of Neco-Arc.

The dead ends are rewards in of themselves. And who doesn't like Neko-Ark :<. Also, I personally liked Tsuki-Hime better than FSN. It is definately worth the money, especially for me because a friend of mine let me buy it from him for $30.
Pink

Unread postby Atriel » May 14th, 2009, 4:38 am

I suggest you try Tsukihime as soon as possible. We have no idea when said remake will come and even less of an idea if it will be possible to just translate the extra route and apply the old patch to the others since that there's always a chance of changes in the old routes.

Tsukihime is similar to FSN in some aspects... I mean, it's the same author and all <_<. However, Tsukihime is more character driven while FSN depended more on the background story. Also, Tsukihime has a different feel to it, it's more mature than FSN.
If you disagree, you are wrong.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Sindra » May 14th, 2009, 7:14 pm

As Atriel said below, you really should check out Tsukihime as soon as possible, that was my first VN. and my.. the story was so amazing.. so deep and very touching, some of the endings can even leave you in tears.. I would highly reccomend getting Tsukihime.
Sindra
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Arayashiki » May 23rd, 2009, 8:01 am

Sindra wrote:As Atriel said below, you really should check out Tsukihime as soon as possible, that was my first VN. and my.. the story was so amazing.. so deep and very touching, some of the endings can even leave you in tears.. I would highly reccomend getting Tsukihime.

Quoted for truth!
Arayashiki

Unread postby Chaos Chaud » May 23rd, 2009, 7:00 pm

I suggest that you buy it, too. I bought mine last year's Christmas, a whole year after I bought F/SN. I loved the VN and highly recommend it
"Let Chaos consume your soul, and you won't be neither good nor evil, neither light nor darkness. You will be hollow, will be future, will be freedom." -Chaos Chaud
"You defeat him" -GARcher
"Drown in your ideals and die" -GARcher
"My spine hurts. My body is cold. My fingers are frozen. Yet, my brain burns with fire."- T. Shiki
Chaos Chaud
Crack Desu!

Return to Fate/stay night Chat