So is it sad?

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

So is it sad?

Unread postby Sindra » May 10th, 2009, 6:04 pm

I just started reading the visual novel, and I wanted to know is it sad or dark like Tsukihime, I really really liked the Tsukihime visual novel, some of the endings in that game almost put me to tears as to how touching they were. tho I really could do with out all the hentai, I know there is a patch to skip it all. but I kinda felt that it ruined such a well written story. well besides the point, I wanted to know if Fate was some what similar to Tsukihime dark wise? also one more question, there are only 3 arcs in Fate right? at the moment, Im at the prologue and it says I've been playing the prologue for almost 3 hours now, how much longer is it? I got to the part where Rin just summoned archer, also are there any CG's in the prologue? cause honestly I can't tell if I seen one yet or not :x Sorry for all these questions in one post :x. thanks in advanced!
Sindra
Totally hardly posted

Re: So is it sad?

Unread postby negum » May 10th, 2009, 6:39 pm

It isn't as dark as Tsukihime. The first two routes aren't dark at all. But that changes with the third route.
It has some sad endings.

Yes, the prologue contains CG's.
And did it really take three hours to reach the point where Rin summons Archer? :shock:
Internet-Rule 20: "Nothing is to be taken (too) seriously." <-- So true. :mrgreen:
negum
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Sindra » May 10th, 2009, 6:49 pm

I see, how can I check the cgs? is it the graphics tab in the menu? cause when I hit it, it does not do nothing. Im guessing its because I have not seen one yet? and yeah.. it took roughly about 3 hours, I have it on auto read/ and the voices installed to, so I don't really move on till the voices finish, maybe thats why im pretty slow :x. thanks for the response ^_^.
Sindra
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby negum » May 10th, 2009, 7:00 pm

The CG's are in' Extra' -> 'Gallery'. You can access it from the Title screen.
The 'graphics' option only removes the text overlay so you can see the background/CG clearly.
Internet-Rule 20: "Nothing is to be taken (too) seriously." <-- So true. :mrgreen:
negum
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » May 10th, 2009, 7:19 pm

Also, you won't be albe to access the main menu until you manage to complete the prologue.

The only said endings would probably
be the Dead Ends depending on which route you're on of course. Also, the first two aren't that said except maybe for Saber's ending.

As for
the HF Endings only the Normal Ending, since Skaura waits for a long time hoping for Shirou's return.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Sindra » May 10th, 2009, 10:52 pm

Ahhh, thank you. I figured that, I would be able to get to the title screen once I finish the prologue but my, what a longgggggggggggggggggg prologue
Sindra
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby RinTohsaka » May 14th, 2009, 11:39 am

Well, I've just finished the Fate route (about 1.5 hours ago ) and I have tears in my eyes even now whenever i allow myself to think deeply about it.
Shirou falls in love with Saber and Saber too loves him but they have go their separate ways after the war is over......so I guess it is sad.....proper but sad.

Note: I haven't played the other routes yet.
RinTohsaka
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby abscess » May 14th, 2009, 11:47 am

@RinTohsaka
This thread isn't spoiler-tagged. You should spoiler-tag your post, you may get into trouble.
Also, UBW's endings aren't sad, HF is kinda but not effin depressing, like Tsukihime's
Hisui True, Akiha Normal, Arcueid True... dammit, there are quite some...
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess

Unread postby Message » May 15th, 2009, 4:39 am

RinTohsaka has been banned for massively breaking the spoiler rule.

Edit: lol, phpBB v3 takes some getting used to. Oh well, guess I'll give you another chance.

Unread postby Pink » May 15th, 2009, 6:34 am

abscess wrote:@RinTohsaka
This thread isn't spoiler-tagged. You should spoiler-tag your post, you may get into trouble.
Also, UBW's endings aren't sad, HF is kinda but not effin depressing, like Tsukihime's
Hisui True, Akiha Normal, Arcueid True... dammit, there are quite some...

Damn, Tsukihime made me cry so hard. It was seriously emotional stuff. But the only time I really cried in FSN was
Sakura's normal ending, when Shirou dies... I also cried because there were only 3 character endings ;-;. I wish there was a Caster ending...
Pink
Might just like this board

Unread postby RinTohsaka » May 15th, 2009, 8:10 am

Apologies to all.
I hadn't yet read the forum rules until then....infact this is the first time that i have joined a forum( but then that may not be relevant).
Anyway,it won't happen again...I've read the rules now.

I'll say it again I'm really sorry...it was silly on my part not to read the rules before posting.

Edit: Thanks Message...and did you add the spoiler tag ?
Last edited by RinTohsaka on May 16th, 2009, 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
RinTohsaka
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » May 15th, 2009, 10:49 am

Well it seems Message gave you a chance just edit the post in question and place a spoil tag in it, at least that's how it looks by me of course.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby Tessara » May 15th, 2009, 10:16 pm

You'll be fine. Just go back and edit the topic name to put [Spoilers] at the end, or ask Message or somebody to do it for you if you can't figure it out.
Tessara
Addict

Return to Fate/stay night Chat