Archers Kills on Berserker in anime (Spoilers i think)

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Archers Kills on Berserker in anime (Spoilers i think)

Unread postby Soulshade » May 9th, 2009, 3:33 am

Ok i got a lil question. funny thing is illya at the end of ep 14 says that archer kills berserker 5 times. But the thing is all i counted were 4 kills, i'll label them.

1: calabolg II arrow form. np here
2: the combined first pair and second pair of KnB exploding onto berserker, the first pair dont count since all they did was bounce off berserker.
3: Crane Wing Overedge
4: UBW

Correct me if there were things that i missed
Last edited by Soulshade on May 10th, 2009, 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Soulshade
Addict

Re: Archers Kills on Berserker in anime (Spoilers i think)

Unread postby WakuWaku » May 9th, 2009, 7:13 am

Since we don't actually see what happens inside UBW, it can count for as many kills as needed.
WakuWaku
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby shirou12 » May 9th, 2009, 8:45 am

I think he was killed 2 times inside the UBW.
shirou12
Crack Addic!

Unread postby uriel » May 9th, 2009, 9:39 am

Soulshade wrote:Ok i got a lil question. funny thing is illya at the end of ep 14 says that archer kills berserker 5 times. But the thing is all i counted were 4 kills, i'll label them.

2: the combined first pair and second pair of KnB exploding onto berserker, the first pair dont count since all they did was bounce of berserker.

I think he killed berserker only once outside UBW (the third in your list)
Caladbolg 2 is not strong enough to kill him (or harm him)
The same for the explosion
After all, he regenerated only once.
"Someone said is better to reign in hell than serve in heaven, but that is a defeatistic attitude.
I won't reign only in hell"
uriel
Might just like this board

Unread postby Soulshade » May 9th, 2009, 10:08 am

uriel wrote:
Soulshade wrote:Ok i got a lil question. funny thing is illya at the end of ep 14 says that archer kills berserker 5 times. But the thing is all i counted were 4 kills, i'll label them.

2: the combined first pair and second pair of KnB exploding onto berserker, the first pair dont count since all they did was bounce of berserker.

I think he killed berserker only once outside UBW (the third in your list)
Caladbolg 2 is not strong enough to kill him (or harm him)
The same for the explosion
After all, he regenerated only once.

u sure about the calabolg 2? there was like massive explosion after it hits plus the arrow forced berserker to block. archer did mention that it can 1 hit KO average servants. btw do u think at the end where the swords were stuck inside berserker might have played a part? after all caliburn impaling berserker took 7 of his lives
Soulshade
Addict

Unread postby Chaos Chaud » May 9th, 2009, 11:31 am

If I remember correctly, Berserker died 1 time with Crane Wing Overedge, 5 times with UBW, 1 time with Tohsaka's Jewels and 7 times with Caliburn. A total of 14 lives, leaving him with -2...
"Let Chaos consume your soul, and you won't be neither good nor evil, neither light nor darkness. You will be hollow, will be future, will be freedom." -Chaos Chaud
"You defeat him" -GARcher
"Drown in your ideals and die" -GARcher
"My spine hurts. My body is cold. My fingers are frozen. Yet, my brain burns with fire."- T. Shiki
Chaos Chaud
Crack Desu!

Unread postby AlinSabel » May 9th, 2009, 12:19 pm

He regenerates lives over time, or so I heard.
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » May 9th, 2009, 1:53 pm

He probably recovered two of his lives between Archer and Rin, Shirou, and Saber. Besides Just like everyone else stated before me he did only get killed once outside of UBW. It was the part where he though he messed up on his attack.

In any case managing to try and take on a beast that could kill you in an instant, and managing to take out a few of his 12 lives in the porcess, and finally dying like a man should on the battlefied is the basics of being GAR I would say.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby uriel » May 9th, 2009, 4:06 pm

AlinSabel wrote:He regenerates lives over time, or so I heard.

He can over time, but Ilya was so pissed of that she didn't let him recover
uriel
Might just like this board

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » May 9th, 2009, 4:43 pm

Well she did let him recover just enough for them to start on thier persuit. Although she was angry on how he let GARcher kill him a few times. Not only that but he was technically nothing more then a Counter GARdian to begin with.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby TheRedArcher » May 9th, 2009, 6:47 pm

I think in the fight before Archer activated UBW, Berserker didn't even get hurt. It would very impressive for a regular servant to take off one life, so Ilya would be really surprised if the no-name servant was able to kill him once (before activating UBW). If Archer kept taking off lives from Berserker every 20 seconds, I think Ilya would be somewhat worried.

If Berserker can regenerate lives, I don't think he had enough time to regenerate them. I think that Caliburn just had enough energy to kill Berserker 7 times. Like how a kamehameha blast from Goku has enough power to kill me a million times over, even when I only have one life.
"Well, nobody's perfect" and "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."
TheRedArcher
Addict

Unread postby Chaos Chaud » May 9th, 2009, 7:43 pm

I agree with the non-regenerating lives thing, but I think in the anime is mentioned that he is killed one time before UBW...
"Let Chaos consume your soul, and you won't be neither good nor evil, neither light nor darkness. You will be hollow, will be future, will be freedom." -Chaos Chaud
"My spine hurts. My body is cold. My fingers are frozen. Yet, my brain burns with fire."- T. Shiki
Chaos Chaud
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Soulshade » May 10th, 2009, 2:06 am

argh this is y the anime fails compared to the game, cant properly explains things :\
ok lets count this up, 5 lives from archer, 1 from rin and 7 from caliburn making a total of 13, isnt that a bit weird since theres an extra kill that wasnt needed?
Soulshade
Addict

Unread postby Chaos Chaud » May 10th, 2009, 3:36 am

I think even in the game he loses extra-lives though...
Chaos Chaud
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Soulshade » May 10th, 2009, 4:15 am

yea i think its pretty much the same though, funny how creators cant do proper subtraction to get things right XD
Soulshade
Addict

Unread postby -Shiki- » May 10th, 2009, 4:51 am

Well, i think, they just overkilled him..Nothing to care about with calculations..Its like you got stabbed with caliburn..You have 1 life only.. So does being stabbed by caliburn justifies that you have 7 lives? Well...Thats what i think...
-Shiki-
Addict

Unread postby SolarAdept » May 10th, 2009, 7:50 am

Actually, I believe that in the anime, Rin's attack was futile.
SolarAdept
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Soulshade » May 10th, 2009, 8:23 am

SolarAdept wrote:Actually, I believe that in the anime, Rin's attack was futile.

eh wat r u talking about, her gems practically torn off berserkers face. u could clearly see it growing back cause of it
Soulshade
Addict

Unread postby metal_cocoabo » May 11th, 2009, 2:17 pm

TheRedArcher wrote:Like how a kamehameha blast from Goku has enough power to kill me a million times over, even when I only have one life.

...Or can heal you / revive the dead, at least according to the DBZ movie that doesn't exist. But anyway..

TheRedArcher wrote:If Berserker can regenerate lives, I don't think he had enough time to regenerate them. I think that Caliburn just had enough energy to kill Berserker 7 times.

I never really understood that part. The VN doesn't really explain it (or did, but I just forgot about it.) How does *one* stab from Caliburn outkill UBW?! That whole scene felt like Deus Ex Machina to me. It would have made more sense for Saber to battle Berserker a bit before killing him with Caliburn. I dunno, at least one slash per life? Instead of one stab and Berserker dies from the power of friendship or whatever. Archer should have a copy of Caliburn somewhere in UBW since he was Saber's master as preGAR-Shiro. Why didn't he just use it if it was that powerful?
metal_cocoabo
Crack Addic!

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » May 11th, 2009, 2:24 pm

metal_cocoabo wrote: Archer should have a copy of Caliburn somewhere in UBW since he was Saber's master as preGAR-Shiro. Why didn't he just use it if it was that powerful!

Because he is just an owner.
He won't be able to do the 1 stab = 7 lives like he did with Saber.

Well, it's the only theory that I could think of.
!すでのな
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Next

Return to Fate/stay night Chat