Any way to use mirror moon's translation on the trial ver?

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Any way to use mirror moon's translation on the trial ver?

Unread postby Nintendo Maniac 64 » May 4th, 2009, 9:23 am

I have a sister that I think would like F/SN very much, but I don't even need to ask to know that she will NOT want the H-scenes. Since the current unnofficial ero-removal patch completely removes the scenes where the sex parts are, some plot holes can occur. So I got thinking to just use the trial version for now to gauge her interest level (and to hold her over until hopefully a mirror moon-made non-ero patch is released).

Problem is, I find mirror moon's translation much more interesting and engaging compared to insani's (and believe my sister would too).

So I attempted to replace the trial version's script files with the full version. Unfortunatly it didn't work. The game hangs after clicking "Start". Thinking it didn't like the intro, I tried to replace all but the first one (with the intro). That didn't work either; once it reached the next day, the text was just a bunch of odd characters and I couldn't continue through the text.

Another option was to try to edit the full version english patch to make it a "pseudo trial" where the first 5 days or so would be in english, but the rest of the script would be in japanese. This too failed miserably. The game wouldn't even start when I replaced some of the english script files with the japanese script or when I just flat-out deleted some english script files.

So uh... any ideas? :P
Nintendo Maniac 64
Crack Addic!

Re: Any way to use mirror moon's translation on the trial ver?

Unread postby Unkind » May 4th, 2009, 12:32 pm

Unkind
Might just like this board

Unread postby Nintendo Maniac 64 » May 4th, 2009, 6:55 pm

um... you did read my post, right? I was trying to replace insani's translation with mirror moon's.
Nintendo Maniac 64
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Unkind » May 4th, 2009, 7:38 pm

Hmm, my bad, last night I actually even re-read that to make sure I hadn't missed anything (since it seemed odd), yet still missed something important. Oh well. lol
Unkind
Might just like this board

Unread postby Bejarid » May 6th, 2009, 12:39 am

Well, do this is you need to modificate any scripts with text...
Maybe with some tools (like unpacker/repacker from insani, and my cleaner) that can be not so difficult.

But, maybe having Mirror-moon's agree will be a good thing... If yes, I will try to do this. Maybe Message is not far away? ^^
Bejarid
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby abscess » May 6th, 2009, 1:18 am

Bejarid wrote:Maybe Message is not far away? ^^
Mods are usually just one PM button away, aren't they?... well, that and time constraints :P

Anyway, I don't see what's the big trouble of using insani's translated demo, you practically have all you want there without too much hazzle.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Nintendo Maniac 64 » May 6th, 2009, 1:23 am

Bejarid, I was using insani's xp3 packer/unpacker for replacing the .KS script files

abscess, it's a preference thing. If there's no way this is possible, then I'll settle with insani's translation. But if it's possible to use mirror moon's (which I prefer), then why the heck not? (a decent amount of work to get it working isn't going to stop me btw)

EDIT: Just a heads up, I shall be looking into Bejarld's script cleaner app to see if it'll be of any use or not
Last edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 on May 6th, 2009, 1:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
Nintendo Maniac 64
Crack Addic!

Unread postby abscess » May 6th, 2009, 1:30 am

Good luck with it then.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Bejarid » May 6th, 2009, 9:27 am

I don't think the Demo use exact same scripts that the game. It's a mix with several .KS script from the full game, so you need ton re-use the script of Insani realease, and just replace the translation. Or make yourself a mix of them :p

Edit: Well, I just take a look at the insani translation, and Trial version is different from the Full version. For some part you can replace the translation, but for about a quarter of the trial, the mirror-moon's translation cant' be used (because it's not the same text in japanese). So 75% MM 25% Insani is not a good idea I think ^^

For the first and second page of the prologue's first day :

Trial:
 交差する鉄と火花。[l][r]
 絶え間ない[ruby text="けん"]剣[ruby text="げき"]戟に気合を乗せ、二つの刃が高く遠く響き合う。

激突する赤と青の騎兵。[l][r]
 繰り出される神速の一刺、防ぎ切る太極の双剣。[l][r]
 放たれる一撃は人の目で追えるモノではなく、見る者の心さえ穿つよ

Full:
 それは、稲妻のような切っ先だった。[l][r]
 心臓を串刺しにせんと繰り出される槍の穂先。[l][r]
 躱そうとする試みは無意味だろう。[l][r]
 それが稲妻である以上、人の目では捉えられない。[l][r]
 だが。[l][r]
 この身を貫こうとする稲妻は、[l][r]
 この身を救おうとする月光に弾かれた。

しゃらん、という華麗な音。[l][r]
 否。目前に降り立った音は、真実鉄よりも重い。[l][r]
 およそ華やかさとは無縁であり、[ruby text="まと"]纏った鎧の無骨さは凍てついた夜気そのものだ。[l][r]
 華美な響きなど有る筈がない。[l][r]
 本来響いた音は鋼。[l][r]
 ただ、それを鈴の音と変えるだけの美しさを、その騎士が持っていただけ。

I can tell it's not the same, even if I don't read japanese :D
And it's only the begining...

It's not only a trial, but a really different version...
Maybe if you want you can remake a trial version with mirror-moon translation, but you need to modificate the the script (of MM or of Insani at this point...) and then you will do a different trial... And that will be a warez stuff I think.
Bejarid
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Nintendo Maniac 64 » May 6th, 2009, 12:35 pm

Well, I can't use the app currently since it needs .NET v3.5 which won't work on Win2k, so I'll have to wait for my sister to come home from college and try on her XP laptop (which is actually today). If someone here wants to give it a try themself, go right ahead - I won't be able to do anything until maybe tonight at the earliest.
Nintendo Maniac 64
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Bejarid » May 12th, 2009, 5:59 pm

Hum, as I want to translate the Trial in French I have take a deepen look on the Trial of Insani, and in fact, there have no new translation. It's just a different mix than the full version, but still a mix of the prologue, so we can use the MM translation.

I will try to do it soon, and maybe add voices... Maybe.
Bejarid
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Message » May 13th, 2009, 7:15 am

Fate/stay night English EULA wrote:By installing this software you also agree to NOT modify or redistribute any part of this software without previous written consent from mirror moon.

Please ask permission before modifying or redistributing, thank you.

Unread postby Nintendo Maniac 64 » May 13th, 2009, 7:31 am

if you're referring to me, I'm not modifying the translation at all, and wasn't exactly planning on distributing it either...
Nintendo Maniac 64
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Bejarid » May 13th, 2009, 9:15 am

Replace the translation of Insani by the MM's translation is, at least, a modification.
The order of the sentence is not the same, and scripts associated with the text is not the same neither.

So, we need to have their "consent" like Message says =)
Bejarid
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Nintendo Maniac 64 » May 13th, 2009, 6:36 pm

Even for private use?
Nintendo Maniac 64
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Bejarid » May 13th, 2009, 7:48 pm

We've decided that we do not want you to distribute a Fate/stay night trial using our translations. Basically, if we wanted another trial, it would've been out there already...

If that don't go out of your home nobody will know this, right? XD

In any case it not too difficult to do, you just have to replace all text (all lines witch begin by '[' ).
But my application is not make for do that. You can do it manually, or modificate my application for handle this case.
Bejarid
Posting more than n00bs

Return to Fate/stay night Chat