Thoughts on the Fate route (Spoilers maybe?)

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Thoughts on the Fate route (Spoilers maybe?)

Unread postby umjammer1ammy » March 26th, 2009, 6:38 am

Okay, so there isn't a really good reason for posting this other than I have to get this off of my mind somewhere, and this seemed the logical place.

I finished the Fate route for the second time just this morning... my first time was over a year ago (when v1.0 first came out), and now I can finally check out the UBW and HF route. Anyway, to my point, I remembered the ending being insanely depressing, the type of thing I couldn't get out of my head for weeks after the fact, but I forgot much of the details over the past year or so and also kind of assumed it wouldn't have as much of an effect on me being as I played through it already and knew what was going to happen. In short, I was wrong. Very wrong. Despite everything it still got to me as bad as the first time, this game is just too depressing! I'm not even sure if it should be really, have I just grown way too attached to the characters? Does everyone feel this way at the end? I mean, Shirou himself says that he's okay with it in the epilogue, but despite that it's still about the most bittersweet ending I have ever ran across in anything (whether that be a movie, game, etc.). What makes it almost worse is thinking of the fact that Saber and Shirou both took the best option they had, and it still was depressing as all hell. The only little glimmer of hope to be had was at the very end when it mentioned the continuation of the dream. I'm guessing this is mainly on how you interpret it, but it seemed like Saber somehow managed to reconnect with Shirou, if nothing else at least in some spiritual way. I feel almost silly having the game have this much impact on me, but I can't help it! It was an amazing ending, and I just can't get it out of my head. It was amazing, and mind-numbingly sad.
umjammer1ammy
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby that one guy » March 26th, 2009, 6:58 am

I wasn't hit too bad by Fate, but one of the other endings is just so depressingly sad I couldn't help but cry. Not to mention there are a few scenes, not endings, scenes, that do this to you in UBW and HF.
that one guy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Kikuchi » March 26th, 2009, 9:32 am

There's already a thread like this:
viewtopic.php?t=2853

Also, if you feel somewhat "empty" after Fate ending....

viewtopic.php?t=1139

There. :)
When will I get my 1337th post?
Kikuchi
Crack Desu!

Return to Fate/stay night Chat