Which Disc do the experts suggest?

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Which Disc do the experts suggest?

Unread postby Noir » March 24th, 2009, 10:45 pm

Getting a FSN disc is a pain so i don't want to make any mistakes.
My first reaction is to get the Realta Nua disc so i have access to the voice files. But since its a PS2 disc i'm not sure if i'll have any issues trying to use it on my PC or if you can even use Realta Nua disc to play the game at all. Perhaps it's only useful for getting access to the voice files.
I don't believe you guys made that clear but either way i want to be sure.

If you say the Realta Nua will be a problem on my PC or with the patch then DVD or 3CD? Any difference? Is one harder to find then the other?

That about covers it i think, thanks.
User avatar
Noir
Totally hardly posted
 
Posts: 4
Joined: March 24th, 2009, 10:32 pm

Unread postby Tessara » March 24th, 2009, 10:55 pm

The mirror moon patch only works with the PC version. If you also have Realta Nua, the patch can strip the voice files out of it to use with the PC version, but you have to have the PC version first. As far as I know there's no way to apply the patch to Realta Nua, since it has differences from the PC version, and some kind of emulator would be required (which I'm gonna say is probably not strictly legal).
User avatar
Tessara
Addict
 
Posts: 69
Joined: March 6th, 2009, 10:22 pm
Location: Morgantown, WV

Unread postby nobaka » March 24th, 2009, 11:05 pm

Tessara wrote:The mirror moon patch only works with the PC version. If you also have Realta Nua, the patch can strip the voice files out of it to use with the PC version, but you have to have the PC version first. As far as I know there's no way to apply the patch to Realta Nua, since it has differences from the PC version, and some kind of emulator would be required (which I'm gonna say is probably not strictly legal).


Emulators aren't illegal, but stealing the BIOS to make them work is.
User avatar
nobaka
DESU DESU!
 
Posts: 581
Joined: January 11th, 2008, 6:12 am

Unread postby Noir » March 24th, 2009, 11:24 pm

Thanks for clearing that up.
I suppose sharing just the voice files from the PS2 disc would also be illegal too huh....?

Ok, DVD or 3CD? Just whichever i can get my hands on?
User avatar
Noir
Totally hardly posted
 
Posts: 4
Joined: March 24th, 2009, 10:32 pm

Unread postby wyldfire » March 25th, 2009, 2:15 am

as nobaka quoted the mirrormoon english patch works with the 3cd version...so, u should get that one...if u can't get it then maybe u should contact the mirrormoon stuff and see if it can be applied on the dvd version somehow...
User avatar
wyldfire
Addict
 
Posts: 68
Joined: October 18th, 2008, 1:56 am

Unread postby Noir » March 25th, 2009, 2:51 am

wyldfire wrote:as nobaka quoted the mirrormoon english patch works with the 3cd version...so, u should get that one...if u can't get it then maybe u should contact the mirrormoon stuff and see if it can be applied on the dvd version somehow...

Actually he said the "PC" verison. Which is availible as both 3cd and dvd.

From the FAQ
As of F/SN English v2.0, the patch will work with the 3CD version and the 1DVD version. If it doesn't work, you have a bootleg. That, or your CD/DVD drive is borked...
User avatar
Noir
Totally hardly posted
 
Posts: 4
Joined: March 24th, 2009, 10:32 pm

Unread postby Message » March 25th, 2009, 8:59 am

Noir wrote:From the FAQ
As of F/SN English v2.0, the patch will work with the 3CD version and the 1DVD version. If it doesn't work, you have a bootleg. That, or your CD/DVD drive is borked...

And the FAQ is entirely correct. Note that the CD version is no longer for sale, so we recommend getting the DVD version. Second-hand copies are entirely legal, but new copies give more profits to TYPE-MOON.

(Also, please stop talking in boldface, thank you.)
User avatar
Message
Master of Bad Puns
 
Posts: 1845
Joined: October 25th, 2004, 6:27 pm
Location: Netherlands

Unread postby Noir » March 25th, 2009, 2:34 pm

Good to know, thanks for the info.

And no i won't quit using boldface. When you're legally blind in the one eye that actually works it helps to make out this punyass font. I already catch crap from other boards for using larger font but this is the first thats had a problem with bold. *rolleyes*
yea i'm bitter about it.
User avatar
Noir
Totally hardly posted
 
Posts: 4
Joined: March 24th, 2009, 10:32 pm

Unread postby AlinSabel » March 25th, 2009, 7:31 pm

I thought you could manually override fonts, both in your browser and in your OS.
User avatar
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!
 
Posts: 726
Joined: April 1st, 2008, 10:49 pm

Unread postby Message » March 26th, 2009, 12:09 pm

What Alin said: You can tell your browser to zoom in. Try CTRL + and CTRL - in firefox. That functionality is there for a reason. Using bold has nothing to do with the quality of your eyesight, we simply don't want people to mess up the layouts. The boldface function is for adding highlights, nothing more than that.

Thread locked because all questions have been answered (which could have been found in the FAQ too, actually).
User avatar
Message
Master of Bad Puns
 
Posts: 1845
Joined: October 25th, 2004, 6:27 pm
Location: Netherlands


Return to Fate/stay night Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 3 guests