Tiger Quest

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Tiger Quest

Unread postby that one guy » February 21st, 2009, 5:48 am

Anyone heard of this? From what I understand, it's a series(at least 5 of them) of doujin games that's basically a Fate version of Dragon Quest. Sounds pretty...interesting, at least.

Edit:Found a site that has pics of TQ IV. Too bad I can't understand the site itself.
http://temple-knights.com/archives/2006 ... quest.html
that one guy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Watashimo » February 21st, 2009, 6:38 am

Looks like something anyone can make in RPG Maker 2000 with some creativity and skill in making sprites. Hehe.
"Hah, I see, I see! Yeah, thats so much more important than who my master is! You're right, kid!" - Lancer
"Therefore, give me tea." - Okazaki Tomoya.
Watashimo
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » February 21st, 2009, 4:10 pm

Yeah it look slike one of those PC games that can play like an RPG. For some reason it reminds me of how Battle Moon Wars is, but more of a role play then a strategy play.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Gunbladeuser » February 21st, 2009, 6:16 pm

I tried a demo of that game.
Well... not my thing.
I don't know if it gets better as the you play the game more (probably not), but the game is made pretty badly.
I mean... the characters and their graphics themselves are nice; everything else... not.
The maps are designed really badly and simple, the battle is the standard RPG Maker 2000 battle system without any own monster designs and battle animations etc.
So all in all, I lost interest in that game after maybe an hour or so.
If you still want to try it... go ahead. :P
Gunbladeuser
Addict

Unread postby that one guy » February 21st, 2009, 8:00 pm

Can't read much Japanese, so that's out the window for me. That being said, I never really said it looked good, it just looks interesting. If what I read was right, it was what some of the Melty team did because they were bored.
that one guy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Unkind » February 21st, 2009, 10:10 pm

Kid-Wolf wrote:Yeah it looks like one of those PC games that can play like an RPG.

why did you word it so strangely like that? there's lots of pc games that are rpgs
Unkind
Might just like this board

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » February 21st, 2009, 10:32 pm

Unkind wrote:
Kid-Wolf wrote:Yeah it looks like one of those PC games that can play like an RPG.

why did you word it so strangely like that? there's lots of pc games that are rpgs

Sorry about that, but I meant that it's kind of rare to see a Type-Moon series have it's own RPG there.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby Gunbladeuser » February 22nd, 2009, 8:38 pm

Kid-Wolf wrote:Sorry about that, but I meant that it's kind of rare to see a Type-Moon series have it's own RPG there.

Actually, I tried to make a Type-Moon RPG some time ago, but then gave up on that idea (or rather, it's on hiatus for unknown time) since it's really time-consuming to program everything and make own char sets etc.
However, I still think that idea is quite nice... since a RPG (should) focus on a good story, it'd be really interesting to do that in the Type-Moon universe with some known characters... ^^
Gunbladeuser
Addict

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » February 22nd, 2009, 9:02 pm

Ideed it's a new idea since it already did the Visual Novel part, along with the stratdgey, and fighting part for both sides. So in the end we really do need to have a good RPG for the Type-Moon characters if you ask me.
Kid-Wolf

Return to Fate/stay night Chat