Unlimited Blade Works question

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Unlimited Blade Works question

Unread postby Gergoth » February 18th, 2009, 3:43 pm

Waring: the following noobery may blind you.

How do I get this scenario? I just finished the Fate scenario with the true ending, and it takes be back to the title screen. So, I hit "Start" think it would auto load it, but I just start the Fate scenario from the beginning, so, I'm a bit confused.

The game mentioned something about the 3rd day, am I suppose to do something special there?

And while we're at it, just to save a topic for the future, how would I get the Heaven feel's scenario (assuming that something similar happens?)
Gergoth
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby -Shiki- » February 18th, 2009, 3:50 pm

umm..the flowchart is pretty clear..
when saber attacked rin,you'll get a new option. stop her..
then you'll automatically enter UBW route.. HF juz proceed as usual but need to be 'nicer' to sakura i guess..flowchart is made to be easily understood so try referring at times of dire need :lol:
-Shiki-
Addict

Unread postby Gergoth » February 18th, 2009, 4:46 pm

LOL, well, I guess it wasn't clear enough for me! :oops:

Thanks for the response.
Gergoth
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Rikh » February 19th, 2009, 2:28 am

come back if you end up at a dead end and cant figure it out ;)

Partly joking - partly serious :twisted:
Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Watashimo » February 19th, 2009, 3:15 am

Haha, if you think the F/SN flowchart is confusing then I would stay away from Tsukihime, or Kagetsu Tohya for that matter. :lol:
"Hah, I see, I see! Yeah, thats so much more important than who my master is! You're right, kid!" - Lancer
"Therefore, give me tea." - Okazaki Tomoya.
Watashimo
Crack Desu!

Unread postby -Shiki- » February 19th, 2009, 3:23 am

Watashimo wrote:Haha, if you think the F/SN flowchart is confusing then I would stay away from Tsukihime, or Kagetsu Tohya for that matter. :lol:

LOL..quite true but i havent had any problem with the flowcharts..the only thing is....it takes quite some time since for tsukihime u need to search for flags and etc. and then need to look few options forward or you'll end up with a bad end because of your choice earlier..thats really annoying :evil:
-Shiki-
Addict

Unread postby Levethix » February 19th, 2009, 5:50 am

I still can't read the Kagetsu Tohya flowchart...
Levethix
Might just like this board

Unread postby -Shiki- » February 19th, 2009, 7:25 am

i still havent seen it :lol: this weekend i plan to start kagetsu tohya..been keeping it for a long time but juz downloaded the english patch few days ago..XD
-Shiki-
Addict

Unread postby Watashimo » February 19th, 2009, 2:13 pm

Tsukihime wasn't so bad, but it was time consuming. When I first saw the Kagetsu Tohta flowchart, I about gave up on it right there. After a while I got used to it though.
"Hah, I see, I see! Yeah, thats so much more important than who my master is! You're right, kid!" - Lancer
Watashimo
Crack Desu!

Unread postby -Shiki- » February 19th, 2009, 3:02 pm

Thats encouraging for me :)
-Shiki-
Addict

Unread postby inferno_flamex » February 20th, 2009, 2:20 am

Why need a flowchart for KT?

When you could have the Walkthrough?...

NOTE: I forgot where.. But i believe its somewhere in beast's lair..
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
~:~:~
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
~:~:~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Watashimo » February 20th, 2009, 2:48 am

Didn't know there was one. The one I got came with the translation i downloaded. It was quite daunting, let me tell you.
Watashimo
Crack Desu!

Unread postby -Shiki- » February 22nd, 2009, 12:23 pm

Watashimo wrote:Didn't know there was one. The one I got came with the translation i downloaded. It was quite daunting, let me tell you.

It is the truth... The flowchart is very......annoying i guess..At first i thought of reading without the flowchart but after some time, the flowchart becomes more understandable.. Juz that there's so many flg to find which makes using the flowchart annoyingly long..I saw the walthrough and it kinda like kills the fun of reading since it goes by an order and you are restricted..I play randomly but fun..XD..Only unlocked 5 side stories for now..tired already>.<
-Shiki-
Addict

Unread postby Keeper of Gil's Vault » February 24th, 2009, 5:24 am

Ah, pity. Should you have some programming or engineering background, reading such a flowchart comes naturally, like breathing.

Then again, instruction manuals are for the busy people who just want to see the true ends. However, this is not the way the game is designed to be played.
Keeper of Gil's Vault
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Watashimo » February 24th, 2009, 5:32 am

The reason I use guides and flowcharts in visual novels is because if I screw up somewhere along the way, I have no way of knowing I messed up until the end, then I have to go through vicious trial-and-error to try and figure out which choices I messed up on (thinks back to trying to finish Kyou's route in Clannad). I didn't really have trouble with the KT flowchart, so much as trying to keep track of things. Not to mention making sure you don't let your eyes jump lines when a myriad of lines flows into or out of certain choices, which could lead to confusion.
Watashimo
Crack Desu!

Unread postby -Shiki- » February 28th, 2009, 5:37 am

i have a question on UBW..although its not about the flowchart..i reread it and i'm a little confused on rin's feeling..does she love archer, or juz like him as a servant?it all confuses me eventhough she's with shirou in the end..can someone clear this up for me?
-Shiki-
Addict

Unread postby Mkilbride » February 28th, 2009, 5:48 am

-Shiki- wrote:i have a question on UBW..although its not about the flowchart..i reread it and i'm a little confused on rin's feeling..does she love archer, or juz like him as a servant?it all confuses me eventhough she's with shirou in the end..can someone clear this up for me?

Must not of read UBW well, lol.

In a sense, she is in love with Archer. I mean, if you've played UBW, you'd understand lol...

Even though you said you did...and re-read it even...

Shirou IS Archer. Well, Archer is one of Shirou's possible futures, but Archer is still him, so it's not so far-fetched to say that she loves him. Loving Archer is the same as loving Shirou though.
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby -Shiki- » February 28th, 2009, 6:18 am

Mkilbride wrote:
-Shiki- wrote:i have a question on UBW..although its not about the flowchart..i reread it and i'm a little confused on rin's feeling..does she love archer, or juz like him as a servant?it all confuses me eventhough she's with shirou in the end..can someone clear this up for me?

Must not of read UBW well, lol.

In a sense, she is in love with Archer. I mean, if you've played UBW, you'd understand lol...

Even though you said you did...and re-read it even...

Shirou IS Archer. Well, Archer is one of Shirou's possible futures, but Archer is still him, so it's not so far-fetched to say that she loves him. Loving Archer is the same as loving Shirou though.

thats what's confusing me..
shirou and archer is already 2 different person..being in love with archer doesnt mean she loves the present shirou..that being said, its seen that she likes present shirou,but at the same time, also towards archer..is her feeling because she knows his identity and loves archer like how she loves present shirou, or she loves 2 entirely different persons?

thats making my head go rounds..maybe to some it dont matter, but i need to know..at least a convincing reasoning..
-Shiki-
Addict

Unread postby Mkilbride » February 28th, 2009, 6:24 am

She loves him because it's Shirou. There is probably a 10% difference between Shirou & Archer. That 10% chances based on route, but that's all. It's easy to fall for someone whose like another you've loved...that's how love is. You tend to fall for the same type of girl or guy in real life.

She's not in love with Archer, in the "Let's have sex0rs", sense. She's more in love with him as much as a man and a woman can without being in an actual relationship. I don't know what yer hoping for here...
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Shourai » February 28th, 2009, 8:05 am

Mkilbride wrote:

She loves him because it's Shirou. There is probably a 10% difference between Shirou & Archer. That 10% chances based on route, but that's all. It's easy to fall for someone whose like another you've loved...that's how love is. You tend to fall for the same type of girl or guy in real life.

She's not in love with Archer, in the "Let's have sex0rs", sense. She's more in love with him as much as a man and a woman can without being in an actual relationship. I don't know what yer hoping for here...
... So wrong. She admired Archer and has attachment to him, but that stretches as far as Servant-Master relationship. Even though Rin knows that Archer is Shirou, she did not fall in love with him as a woman. She sees Shirou and Archer as different persons / entities. And yeah, Archer is Shirou, but Shirou is not Archer. "The boy and the man are different entities" (UBW Epilogue) I think this point has been heavily stressed in the game.

Some points to consider:
1. Fate: After Berserker vs Archer fight. "He killed my Archer". Indicates Servant-Master relationship.
2. Rin accused Ilya for killing her Servant.
3. UBW & anime: "Archer, don't kill Shirou!"
4. UBW Ending: "He is her partner that she spoke cynically with, ran through battles with, and trusted her back to"

That's why in the end of UBW, it was said that "as long as Rin continues to guide Shirou in the right path, he won't become Archer".
Shourai
Crack Addic!

Next

Return to Fate/stay night Chat