if I have the money........

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread post by abscess » February 10th, 2009, 4:58 am

that one guy wrote:What happens if someone sees you with that? What do you say then?
"I has a real doll, wanna test it? lol"
Then my family would probably proceed to throw me out of the house. But would keep my real doll! yaay!

Edit:
I've got a question, though. In the site says this:
• Top of the line 5 foot figure: ?480,000
• Swords: ?150,000
• Dress: ?180,000
TOTAL: ?810,000 ($13,250)
So... I can order the swords and the doll.... but exclude the dress? If I intend to use it for those things.... well, the dress isn't really needed, is it?

Also, does anyone else gets a weird Fate/Stay Knight vibe from this one doll?
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.

inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread post by inferno_flamex » February 10th, 2009, 5:03 am

I dont think we're going too far off topic..

Granted.. the first post is about a Saber doll...

But then again.. The topic title is "if i have the money"...
Basically.. we're talking about stuff that we might get if we have the money...
And currently.. The topic in question is about EXPENSIVE dolls...

Dolls that we could or would or maybe just MIGHT buy... SHOULD we have the money.. Getit?

So with that.. I dont think comparing Caliburn/Excalibur to Cloud's buster sword would be considered 'off-topic'...

And with that.. I'll compare those 2 to to said sword...

Ehem..

What?!
Cloud's Buster Sword looks far more impractical...
And its on sale too..
Go look it up i guess... I just forgot which website i saw that in...

...They even sold his wig for cosplayers..

~EDIT~

Hehehehhh.. @Abs..
Fate Stay/Knight eh?

Im telling you.. I believe its the 'human cosplayer' Rin in the first picture...
Last edited by inferno_flamex on February 10th, 2009, 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
~:~:~
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ

Echoman
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by Echoman » February 10th, 2009, 5:04 am

abscess wrote:
that one guy wrote:What happens if someone sees you with that? What do you say then?
"I has a real doll, wanna test it? lol"
Then my family would probably proceed to throw me out of the house. But would keep my real doll! yaay!

Edit:
I've got a question, though. In the site says this:
? Top of the line 5 foot figure: ?480,000
? Swords: ?150,000
? Dress: ?180,000
TOTAL: ?810,000 ($13,250)
So... I can order the swords and the doll.... but exclude the dress? If I intend to use it for those things.... well, the dress isn't really needed, is it?

Also, does anyone else gets a weird Fate/Stay Knight vibe from this one doll?
Actually, I was thinking of ordering the sword and the dress, and skipping the doll. Just find a sufficient hooker, and get her to wear them, save a bunch of money.

allanh
Crack Addic!

Unread post by allanh » February 10th, 2009, 5:08 am

Echoman wrote: Actually, I was thinking of ordering the sword and the dress, and skipping the doll. Just find a sufficient hooker, and get her to wear them, save a bunch of money.
Hard to find a hooker with the looks of Saber though~~~~~
http://Miyazaki.com - my Hayao Miyazaki fan site
http://CityHunter.com- my City Hunter fan site
Saber-chan, come back to me~~~~~

Echoman
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by Echoman » February 10th, 2009, 5:12 am

allanh wrote:
Echoman wrote: Actually, I was thinking of ordering the sword and the dress, and skipping the doll. Just find a sufficient hooker, and get her to wear them, save a bunch of money.
Eh, if I'm drunk enough I might not notice. :(

abscess

Unread post by abscess » February 10th, 2009, 5:15 am

@inferno
I dunno, but I want THIS sword!
http://www.trueswords.com/angel-alita-d ... -2570.html
well, it's supposedly a knife but.... whatever! I'm a GUNNM fanboy!
allanh wrote:
A hooker of those dimensions.... It probably would be quite hard to find and much more hard to pay for..... Probably the doll is a better investment. Think about the numer of times you could use the doll when compared to the "one time only" use of the Saber-hooker!
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.

Kid-Wolf

Unread post by Kid-Wolf » February 10th, 2009, 5:16 am

allanh wrote:
Indeed let alone to convince said hooker to do such a thing. And this is where geting a hot girlfirend that likes that sort of thing comes into play. :o

Now if it were me I'd just want te swords since comes on it's Caliburn and Exalibur here. I mean those sound like bragging rights if you ask me.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.

Raven
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Raven » February 10th, 2009, 5:20 am

abscess wrote: Anyways, chill out guys, it's much more than likely that none of us won't ever get to own such a toy in our lives, no matter how much cash we happen to misteryously inherit, for better or for worse :P
Not really, if I somehow win a power-ball I would most likely get one. Although I probably have a custom made version ordered, like I said earlier the face still looks too much like bad cosplay, I want one with higher quality.

I "do" want one for collection purpose, I'm a collection freak in a way and I have been collecting toys since I was kid, started with collecting Origami model, then Lego model, and now mech models. Frankly I always want to collect these things as well (such as the Saber's Lilith figurine in the other thread). The reason I never get around to do it is because ... well, I don't live alone and I will need to have Ruxxor persuasion skill to convince people that I'm perfectly healthy mental wise collecting them regardless of how pure my true intention is.

So with that being said, you can say that if the condition allows I'll probably become an Otaku minus the mentality de-efficiency. But ...... to be perfectly honest, I never have a life size doll (well, or any doll for that matter), and while I may not get one with "such" intention, I wonder how big the temptation will be when you actually have one in procession ... depending on the quality of course :wink:

Did I scare you? :twisted:

inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread post by inferno_flamex » February 10th, 2009, 6:37 am

Raven wrote:
abscess wrote: Anyways, chill out guys, it's much more than likely that none of us won't ever get to own such a toy in our lives, no matter how much cash we happen to misteryously inherit, for better or for worse :P
Not really, if I somehow win a power-ball I would most likely get one. Although I probably have a custom made version ordered, like I said earlier the face still looks too much like bad cosplay, I want one with higher quality.

I "do" want one for collection purpose, I'm a collection freak in a way and I have been collecting toys since I was kid, started with collecting Origami model, then Lego model, and now mech models. Frankly I always want to collect these things as well (such as the Saber's Lilith figurine in the other thread). The reason I never get around to do it is because ... well, I don't live alone and I will need to have Ruxxor persuasion skill to convince people that I'm perfectly healthy mental wise collecting them regardless of how pure my true intention is.

So with that being said, you can say that if the condition allows I'll probably become an Otaku minus the mentality de-efficiency. But ...... to be perfectly honest, I never have a life size doll (well, or any doll for that matter), and while I may not get one with "such" intention, I wonder how big the temptation will be when you actually have one in procession ... depending on the quality of course :wink:

Did I scare you? :twisted:
So basically what you're saying is that if you have the money.. You're gonna regard this Saber Doll as 'another one of my collection'... As a collectable figure... Only difference is.. That its lifesized.. with parts that do 'those' things eh? XDDD

Inverted
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Inverted » February 10th, 2009, 7:36 am

LOL!!

Sepheriel
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Sepheriel » February 10th, 2009, 2:44 pm

The Saber doll is good in every aspect except the face. The face doesn't hold enough emotion for me. I mean, IF I had a TON of money laying around then I would think of getting the doll but I don't so grats to whoever gets it.
EKUSU---------KALIBAAAAAAAA!!

allanh
Crack Addic!

Unread post by allanh » February 10th, 2009, 3:04 pm

despite its price, it would really nice to close your eyes, embrace the doll and imagine it's Saber in your arms........Of course, they would need to make the doll's skin soft and cuddly. :oops: :)
http://Miyazaki.com - my Hayao Miyazaki fan site
http://CityHunter.com- my City Hunter fan site
Saber-chan, come back to me~~~~~

inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread post by inferno_flamex » February 10th, 2009, 4:14 pm

allanh wrote:despite its price, it would really nice to close your eyes, embrace the doll and imagine it's Saber in your arms........Of course, they would need to make the doll's skin soft and cuddly. :oops: :)

Why would you waste your money if you're gonna have to close your eyes?

I mean...
DUDE!

You're already going to 'imagine' that its Saber in your arms...
If you're going as far as that to 'fantasize'...

Might as well hug your big fat pillow, and 'imagine' its Saber... Or any other fantasy girl you have in mind...

Heck.. I do that almost every night...
Hmm.. Nope.. I fantasize i come back to bed filled with a girl that loves me to bits... and goes 'Darling~'...
Every night... Then we cuddle... and stuffs...

XDDDD

:lol: :lol:

I bet i managed to mindrape some of you guys.. XDDD

HeartCard
Addict

Unread post by HeartCard » February 10th, 2009, 5:44 pm

Meh, I'm female so I'm excused but:
I have two "Life Sized" Dolls. One near the entrance of the store, the other in my room.
It's good because they're both close to my dimensions so I can try out how my clothes look on THEM first.

But there's something about this topic everyone forgot to say:
The price...

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!!
Mah signature starts here.
Behold! Twist Ties and Eroges as far as the eye can see!
Fate/Twisted Night:
viewtopic.php?t=2838

Raven
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Raven » February 10th, 2009, 8:21 pm

The price...
Uhm ... read again, I think pretty much everyone on this topic already acknowledge the price. And it's $13000 for the full set. Not that big of a deal really, just about 1/3 of an average anual salary. :wink:
inferno_flamex wrote: Why would you waste your money if you're gonna have to close your eyes?
The face man, I told you the face. Without closing your eyes that face can be immersion breaker right there.

Not really. I'm still curious why the Saber doll costs THAT much, I don't think the reason because it's saber or it's Otaku whatever. Even those dolls you link pictures ealier only range from $600-$1200 and they're already pretty much built for "those" purpose, there are probably MUCH more to this Saber dolls to break the $9000 by itself. IN a way, she cost about 9-10 times more than a top of the line s-doll.

Anyone know the full product description for it, it must go beyond your imagination to warrant that price tag. I don't think my imgination can go to that level :?

Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Mkilbride » February 10th, 2009, 8:57 pm

Raven wrote:
The price...
Uhm ... read again, I think pretty much everyone on this topic already acknowledge the price. And it's $13000 for the full set. Not that big of a deal really, just about 1/3 of an average anual salary. :wink:
inferno_flamex wrote: Why would you waste your money if you're gonna have to close your eyes?
The face man, I told you the face. Without closing your eyes that face can be immersion breaker right there.

Not really. I'm still curious why the Saber doll costs THAT much, I don't think the reason because it's saber or it's Otaku whatever. Even those dolls you link pictures ealier only range from $600-$1200 and they're already pretty much built for "those" purpose, there are probably MUCH more to this Saber dolls to break the $9000 by itself. IN a way, she cost about 9-10 times more than a top of the line s-doll.

Anyone know the full product description for it, it must go beyond your imagination to warrant that price tag. I don't think my imgination can go to that level :?
YOU FAIL RAVEN, YOU FAIL. She made an awesome joke and you totally missed it. Ugh.

Why is it so expensive? Because it probably has the smallest market out of all the dolls. Who knows, it could be made by one of the worlds best doll makers, with the highest quality parts?:P

Hey, why don't you buy it and try Weird Science style and bring it to life?:P

EDIT: WAIT!

810 000 Japanese yen = 8 934.3 U.S. dollars According to Google.

Keeper of Gil's Vault
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Keeper of Gil's Vault » February 12th, 2009, 3:38 am

It is threads like this that makes my daily stress go away. O, and kudos to the awesome money-saving plan of getting the props and dressing up the hooker to look like Sabre.
If you do carry it out, therapists may want to sit down and talk to you.

Xanathos
Crack Addic!

Unread post by Xanathos » February 12th, 2009, 3:54 am

After seeing something like this, I need to learn some stronger than the norm profanity. Because the usual just isn't cutting it anymore.

With the economy like this, how can someone imagine to buy that? You can buy a large screen tv fully equipped with ps3, 360, and wii for that much. As someone who works for a living, I can only feel hate for that kind of price tag. Unless you are rich, I can't imagine buying that. And I know rich people who still have trouble dropping that much. (Considering i grew up around snobbish wealth people, I can attest to this.)

But I digress. And unless those swords are pointy and forged in a blacksmiths furnace for battle with the armor, and the cloths made of silk, It's not worth it.

It could be worse. Life sized Sader anyone?

Raven
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Raven » February 12th, 2009, 4:55 am

Yo, good news, found the website to order her

https://secure.pmoon.co.jp/TOUSHINDAI/C ... /saber.htm

As you can see the price tag is actually not that bad. 3 versions: (and I don't know what kind of rate exchange people were using but apparently it was out of whack, I just converted them myself).

480,000 yen (about $5400): for the "top" model (ajustable/poseable), I think this one come with her blue battle dress. (don't know if this include the uniform as well, I think it should)

380,000 yen (about $4300): for the "top" model (ajudstable/poseable), cheaper because this one come with the school uniform.

298,900 yen (about $3500): for a "cheap" model (fixed with limited movement, I guess you can only adjust the hard-joint on this one). Also come with the school uniform.

The dress and swords can be bought separetaly, the dress looks like a high-quality multipieces dress and not one of the cheap cost play. And for your collector freak, the sword is all yours for about $1500.

Still expensive, but not bad, not bad at all. At least ... not as bad as we made out to be.
allanh wrote:back on topic:
I would probably be willing to pay around 4K USD for such RL-looking Saber. But I am sure they are more expensive than that.
So allanh ... she's all yours, since you can always get the dress&sword later. Will you be a man and take Saber's hand? :wink:

abscess

Unread post by abscess » February 12th, 2009, 5:04 am

Raven wrote:Yo, good news, found the website to order her

https://secure.pmoon.co.jp/TOUSHINDAI/C ... /saber.htm

As you can see the price tag is actually not that bad. 3 versions: (and I don't know what kind of rate exchange people were using but apparently it was out of whack, I just converted them myself).

480,000 yen (about $5400): for the "top" model (ajustable/poseable), I think this one come with her blue battle dress. (don't know if this include the uniform as well, I think it should)

380,000 yen (about $4300): for the "top" model (ajudstable/poseable), cheaper because this one come with the school uniform.

298,900 yen (about $3500): for a "cheap" model (fixed with limited movement, I guess you can only adjust the hard-joint on this one). Also come with the school uniform.

The dress and swords can be bought separetaly, the dress looks like a high-quality multipieces dress and not one of the cheap cost play. And for your collector freak, the sword is all yours for about $1500.

Still expensive, but not bad, not bad at all. At least ... not as bad as we made out to be.
allanh wrote:back on topic:
I would probably be willing to pay around 4K USD for such RL-looking Saber. But I am sure they are more expensive than that.
So allanh ... she's all yours, since you can always get the dress&sword later. Will you be a man and take Saber's hand? :wink:
Do IT! Do it NOW! RRRAAAAAAH!!!
Get the normal dress, the NORMAL DRESS!!! (I think it's a normal dress, not a school uniform). You can get the one with good movement (for those "special positions" you might desire for her to take :oops: ). It's just 4300 (plus shipping)!