Why do you think Archer is GAR?

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Chaos Chaud
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Chaos Chaud » April 13th, 2009, 1:31 am

abscess wrote:
Kohake wrote:
Message wrote:I sort of agree with you - Archer isn't as gar as people make him out to be. But if you remove his shortcomings/obsessions, he can act pretty darn cool if he wants to.

More interesting to look at Lancer. Now that guy is gar.
Truth.
I have to disagree. Without those "shortcomings/obsessions", he's a "cool-dude" with a six-pack ab and funny-looking spiky-hair, to me that's close to GAR, but not exactly GAR. Having those "shortcomings/obsessions" and still come out like a kick-ass character, that's what makes him GAR to me. Flaws make perfection :)
Well said, I say!
"Let Chaos consume your soul, and you won't be neither good nor evil, neither light nor darkness. You will be hollow, will be future, will be freedom." -Chaos Chaud
"You defeat him" -GARcher
"Drown in your ideals and die" -GARcher
"My spine hurts. My body is cold. My fingers are frozen. Yet, my brain burns with fire."- T. Shiki

AddleBoy
Crack Desu!

Unread post by AddleBoy » April 18th, 2009, 12:52 pm

Would anyone else agree with me in saying that Kotomine is also GAR?
Then you realize... That there is no loli. And it's not the loli you're molesting, it's yourself.

Unread post by Message » April 18th, 2009, 2:24 pm

No, cheaters are not gar, they're annoying.

Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread post by Kid-Wolf » April 18th, 2009, 3:11 pm

One quick question, wasn't Archer the first person to start the GAR meme?
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.

Kikuchi
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Kikuchi » April 18th, 2009, 4:05 pm

Yeap, the one that typoed "Gay For Archer" into "Gar for Archer". :lol:

Also, LONG LIVE GARTOMINE!! :lol: :lol:
When will I get my 1337th post?

Kid-Wolf

Unread post by Kid-Wolf » April 18th, 2009, 4:07 pm

What but what about that guy that died of a manly death in Gurren Laggen? I've been told that he's actualy more GAR then Archer himself, but I want to have some kind of confirmation on that one... if possible of course.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.

Kikuchi
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Kikuchi » April 18th, 2009, 4:20 pm

Oh, did you know that though Archer is the origin of the term, he didn't ever make it the 1st at Saigar tournaments? :lol:

I guess that shows us that founder isn't necessarily the "best". :lol:
When will I get my 1337th post?

Chaos Chaud
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Chaos Chaud » April 18th, 2009, 5:18 pm

Kid-Wolf wrote:What but what about that guy that died of a manly death in Gurren Laggen? I've been told that he's actualy more GAR then Archer himself, but I want to have some kind of confirmation on that one... if possible of course.
Kamina is the name. And he IS GAR indeed. If anyone can beat archer in GARness he is the man that will do it... 8)
"Let Chaos consume your soul, and you won't be neither good nor evil, neither light nor darkness. You will be hollow, will be future, will be freedom." -Chaos Chaud
"My spine hurts. My body is cold. My fingers are frozen. Yet, my brain burns with fire."- T. Shiki

ReidE96
Posting more than n00bs

Unread post by ReidE96 » April 18th, 2009, 10:44 pm

Noone can be more gar than GARcher, as the true definition of gar, if you look it up, is a picture of Archer doing UBW. Gar is Garcher, Garcher is gar, and all other beings have garness measured on a scale of 1 to Garcher.

Edit: Just to add, the real reason Saigar 08 was suspended is because the folk running it remembered Garcher.

abscess

Unread post by abscess » April 18th, 2009, 11:48 pm

ReidE96 wrote:Noone can be more gar than GARcher, as the true definition of gar, if you look it up, is a picture of Archer doing UBW. Gar is Garcher, Garcher is gar, and all other beings have garness measured on a scale of 1 to Garcher.
Gatsu would like to have a word with you.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.

-Shiki-
Addict

Unread post by -Shiki- » April 19th, 2009, 12:00 pm

abscess wrote:
ReidE96 wrote:Noone can be more gar than GARcher, as the true definition of gar, if you look it up, is a picture of Archer doing UBW. Gar is Garcher, Garcher is gar, and all other beings have garness measured on a scale of 1 to Garcher.
LOL..now i remember that guy..his sword means GAR.. :lol:

Chaos Chaud
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Chaos Chaud » April 19th, 2009, 8:43 pm

-Shiki- wrote:
abscess wrote:
LOL..now i remember that guy..his sword means GAR.. :lol:
Who is Gatsu?

abscess

Unread post by abscess » April 20th, 2009, 5:04 am

Chaos Chaud wrote:Who is Gatsu?
The guy that started the trend of big-ass swords (no, its was not started by Cloud). Check Berserk (animu or mango) for further info. Better get back on topic.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.

RinTohsaka
Totally hardly posted

Re: Why do you think Archer is GAR?

Unread post by RinTohsaka » May 14th, 2009, 11:55 am

Um....I'm new here....so what is " GAR " ?

Kid-Wolf

Unread post by Kid-Wolf » May 14th, 2009, 12:53 pm

RinTohsaka wrote:Um....I'm new here....so what is " GAR " ?
GAR: (n)1. To be a many man that would make other men want to sleep with you, since all oter men are litte girls compaired to one so manly.

I think that's the standard definition of GAR if I remeber my Interntet Vocabulary right.

ReidE96
Posting more than n00bs

Unread post by ReidE96 » May 14th, 2009, 5:27 pm

Pretty much, kid-wolf. I think the exact definition was more along the lines of "Individuals who are so overwhelmingly manly that your own masculinity is absolutely buried, leaving you naught but a whimpering, swooning girl before them." Basically, it's a way of saying that someone is everything a man should be, to a point where heterosexual men would nearly go gay for them. This image explains very well:

-Shiki-
Addict

Unread post by -Shiki- » May 15th, 2009, 10:55 am

Wow..I'm brought to tears reading the history of the word GAR..LOL

Kid-Wolf

Unread post by Kid-Wolf » May 15th, 2009, 12:18 pm

-Shiki- wrote:Wow..I'm brought to tears reading the history of the word GAR..LOL
Are they manly tears? In any case it goes to show you that good things sometimes comes out of 4chan that can spread across the Internets it seems. All be it rather rare of course.

ReidE96
Posting more than n00bs

Unread post by ReidE96 » May 19th, 2009, 7:43 pm

Lolcats. Another fine invention of 4chan. So wuvvable and cute and cuddwy and awwwwwwwwwwwww. Even the garrest men, like Archer, have soft spots for them. Seriously, kittens are the only thing that even /b/ won't go so far as to corrupt. And they rally to cats' defence whenever something happens. Anyone heard of Dusty the Cat?

solopy567
DESU DESU!

Unread post by solopy567 » May 19th, 2009, 9:06 pm

I never found out what /b/ was....What is it?
"Sion Eltnam is no more.
All there is left is a dead apostle who has inherited the name of TATARI.
Now.....Let's begin the Bloody Second Act." - Sion TATARI