Why do you think Archer is GAR?

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Re: Why do you think Archer is GAR?

Unread postby Kikuchi » June 2nd, 2009, 3:53 am

Chaos Chaud wrote:
It will depend. I think if they start doing the grail system from scratch, including they Great Holy Grail, it won't be contaminated. About the effect, it should differ according to how spiritually charged the land is. For an example, if the ritual was done in Aozaki's land(which is high spiritually charged) the ritual should be easier to perform and the effect should be more powerful.
Tohsaka's land is befitting for the Grail summon; that's why the Einzbern chose to do it there. If it wasn't for the Einzbern's foolishness and greediness, the Fuyuki Grail won't even be contaminated.

And btw, Fuyuki Grail is a copy of the real Holy Grail. There is a real Golden Grail out there which can grant wish. That's why they make an "advertisement" of a wish granter to attract more Magi to participate.
When will I get my 1337th post?
Kikuchi
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Chaos Chaud » June 2nd, 2009, 12:30 pm

Kikuchi wrote:
Tohsaka's land is befitting for the Grail summon; that's why the Einzbern chose to do it there. If it wasn't for the Einzbern's foolishness and greediness, the Fuyuki Grail won't even be contaminated.

And btw, Fuyuki Grail is a copy of the real Holy Grail. There is a real Golden Grail out there which can grant wish. That's why they make an "advertisement" of a wish granter to attract more Magi to participate.

It is possible to summon the Grail in Tohsaka's land (or else we wouldn't have a story :lol: ). But, if I remember correctly, they Einzbern chose to do it there 'cause the land of Tohsaka is not greatly spiritually charged like Aozaki'sland and therefore a ritual occurring there wouldn't attract "unnecessary attention". The ritual would be easier done in Aozaki's land, but it needed to be done secretly, therefore Tohsaka's land would be a better place to do it.
"Let Chaos consume your soul, and you won't be neither good nor evil, neither light nor darkness. You will be hollow, will be future, will be freedom." -Chaos Chaud
"You defeat him" -GARcher
"Drown in your ideals and die" -GARcher
"My spine hurts. My body is cold. My fingers are frozen. Yet, my brain burns with fire."- T. Shiki
Chaos Chaud
Crack Desu!

Unread postby SolarAdept » June 2nd, 2009, 7:09 pm

Yeah, the very reason they chose Japan was cuz they wanted to avoid the attention of the Church and the Association, cuz those two were at war at the time.
Fate/World Providence - A site dedicated to it's Grail War RP.
SolarAdept
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Chaos Chaud » June 2nd, 2009, 11:24 pm

I thought they did it secretly 'cause they wanted to avoid the Magic Association's strict supervision of the process (and probably the Magic Association would steal the "reward" of a successful ritual as "payment for the supervision")
"Let Chaos consume your soul, and you won't be neither good nor evil, neither light nor darkness. You will be hollow, will be future, will be freedom." -Chaos Chaud
"My spine hurts. My body is cold. My fingers are frozen. Yet, my brain burns with fire."- T. Shiki
Chaos Chaud
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Kikuchi » June 3rd, 2009, 3:17 am

No,they wouldn't ask for such "taxing"; Zelretch was present at the construction of the Greater Grail, meaning that he did approve it. If the Wizard Marshal himself approve it without any further restrictions, I doubt the Association would dare to do otherwise.

The problem is the Church. If they know what it truly is (the function of the Third Magic and stuffs), they would most likely send their agents to dispose of the Grail.
When will I get my 1337th post?
Kikuchi
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Chaos Chaud » June 3rd, 2009, 9:28 pm

Kikuchi wrote:
No,they wouldn't ask for such "taxing"; Zelretch was present at the construction of the Greater Grail, meaning that he did approve it. If the Wizard Marshal himself approve it without any further restrictions, I doubt the Association would dare to do otherwise.

The problem is the Church. If they know what it truly is (the function of the Third Magic and stuffs), they would most likely send their agents to dispose of the Grail.

Well, that may be true but I guess Zelretch isn't always present, right? I mean, he keeps popping out of nowhere... And, if the Magic Association wouldn't tax them, I now have questions:

1- Why the hell they didn't use the Association's influence? I mean, they could have obtained things more easily , and worse, not telling the association about the ritual is considered a crime. Why would they want to be criminals if they wouldn't have a disadvantage by telling the association?

2-Why the Einzbern haven't chosen the Aozaki's Land instead of Tohsaka's if hiding from the association wasn't needed? I would be easier for them to open the "hole" in a place that is more spiritually charged.

(These two questions can be rephrased as "Are they stupid?" :lol: )
Chaos Chaud
Crack Desu!

Unread postby SolarAdept » June 3rd, 2009, 11:45 pm

The Association and the Church were at war at the time. This means that they(the A) would likely try to use the Holy Grail for their own use, something that the Einzberns didn't want. Hence they used a far-out place that won't attract unneeded attention.
Fate/World Providence - A site dedicated to it's Grail War RP.
SolarAdept
Crack Addic!

Unread postby knightstemplar » June 27th, 2009, 3:07 pm

As I have little input into the current discussion I will say a few things

First is that this thread was the highlight of my day reading this thing. I cant count how many times I loled lol.

Second, GARcher rules all imo

Thirdly, Gil would have been pretty GAR if it wasnt for his snobby like attitude, and...
he killed illya ruthelessly...i cannot forgive such things

Fourth and final note
Shirou in UBW was pretty freaking GAR during the Shirou vs Gil moment at the end...come on...who doesnt agree?

-KnightsTemplar
knightstemplar
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby tyciol » April 21st, 2011, 8:52 pm

I think because he is the bone of his sword.
tyciol
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby bryanblade » June 21st, 2013, 8:18 am

despite being the one of the weakest servant in the fifth Holy Grail war, and he still took 6 lives of Berserker's , and fought till the end, that's GAR enough for me, don't you forget Archer is the source of the term "GAR"

it doesn't probe you're GAR or badass if you're OP and beat the shit out of your opponents, No it does not, but, if you're human or weak and managed the impossible and achieved something unbelievable, that's GAR, plus Archer's attitude also makes him GAR
bryanblade
Totally hardly posted

Previous

Return to Fate/stay night Chat